SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Mother Teresa

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

PaulWest said

Quote:
Corey, brother, we should show more respect to our elder here in the forum.

Brother, don't make me laugh. Who amongst you is my elder? Who amongst you has so much as pmed me for my phone number so you could find out a little more about me, let alone mentor me, or invite me over for dinner? None. You're not my elders. And I'm glad for it:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (MATT 23:15)

You are the ones who have dishonored an elder... a dead elder, no less.

2007/8/31 20:23

Re:

Quote:
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (MATT 23:15)

Again Corey- Not impressed with your reckless throwing around of scripture to accuse the brethren. I am ready to stand at the judgment seat of Almighty God and answer for my comments on Theresa as they are wrought in truth based on her words, I pray you are ready to answer for the false and baseless accusations made against the brethren here on SI.

If you did a little history research on SI you would know I am just as anti churchianity and right wing evangelicalism as you... but alas you do not really care to know me either, just as you have said about those not PM'ing you.

May God bless you Corey as He leads you into all truth and sanctifies your heart.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/1 16:24

Re:

Jim,

I'm not necessarily right-wing nor evangelical - hehe, you've probably noticed I don't like to be "boxed in". I suppose I'm more of a libertarian/Christian Anarchist in that I feel a Man requires limited human authority but absolute devotion to God and His Word.

Though I understand concepts like right wing/left wing, evangelical/orthodox, they seem conspicuously hegelian - as if they were designed to propogate an illusion of "choice" and "freedom". An illusory distraction and false choice much like picking your favorite baseball team or choosing between Pepsi and Coke.

As A.W. Tozer once said in one of his sermons here on SI, 'Resisting the World's Propoganda', "the war that's raging today is the war for your mind... you're not free... advertisers and politicians tell you you are, but you're a slave... you're a slave to the flesh, the world and the devil, or you're a slave to God... it's the same in the evangelical church..."

As to being ready to answer for my words here...

This thread has torn me up inside for a week (really, upset). I won't go on about why or how because I think by now I've made my point clear.

If the Sun were to go black today and the world went up in flames, I believe I would be cowering behind all the crowds standing before His throne...

...for far worse things I've done than defend a little old catholic nun.

Jim, if you feel comfortable pming me your phone number, I'd be more than happy to fellowship sometime.

2007/9/1 19:34
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
God doesn't "approve" of feeding the hungry, befriending a stranger, clothing the naked? Healing the sick and visiting the prisoners has no "merit" in God's eyes?

Did somebody say this? I must have missed it.

"...I am not seeking to judge Theresa's 'salvation' I am just saying that without right relationship no amount of 'good works' can merit God's approval..."

You said it.

Where in the above quote do I say that "God doesn't approve of feeding the hungry"?

2007/9/4 16:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy