SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hey guys I'm new and need help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ilya

Hey guys I'm new and need help

I'm a fairly new Christian. And I witness a lot. However I feel kind of empty inside. I try to know God more and have a relationship, but I feel like I'm not with Him. I feel His blessings everyday, and I have turned away from all sin. I'm not good at studying the Bible. I don't even know where to start. I start reading books and then stop. The only book I've read through were Acts, Ephesians, Titus, and 1st John. I find myself listening to audio sermons more than I read the Bible. And all it's doing is firing me up, but not building onto my relationship. What do I do?

2007/8/24 23:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hey guys I'm new and need help

Great to have you registered on the website. As you are new to the faith I do think these audio sermons will speak to you greatly and encourage you in your growth in Christ. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2007/8/24 23:24Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Quote:
What do I do?

Don't give up.

If you keep at it, you'll get there.

He has promised:

Jeremiah 29:13
[b]And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.[/b]

Oh, and it's a joy to meet you! :-)

2007/8/24 23:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Knowing God is a wonderful experience. Try
not to depend upon what you feel or how you
feel, rely upon what God has promised to
you in His Word. I would recommend you read
the Gospel of John and look at the
relationship John had with the Saviour.
He saw Jesus as the light of life, the very
love of God, and the way, the truth , and
the life!!

2007/8/24 23:34Profile

Welcome Ilya!

A godly man who has greatly influenced my walk with God, particularily in the aspect of the Word of God in my life, is Keith Daniel. I would encourage you to check out some of his sermons that are found here on Sermonindex.

Here are a few good ones:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=144&min=100&orderby=titleA&show=20]The Word of God[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=8193&commentView=itemComments]The Influence of the Holy Spirit Through A Believer[/url]

One of the main emphasises that brother Keith preaches is that we soak ourselves in the Word of God. It is our 'source of survival'.

May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.

[i]Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.[/i]

~Joy

2007/8/24 23:40
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hi Ilya,

Am certainly glad you found yourself here, there is endless resources to help you throughout this life.

Keep at it. That might sound entirely too simplistic but a large part of being a disciple is simply discipline ...

Prayer, read some of the great men of prayer. And then pray.

Try reading the book of John ever so slowly, taking in the thoughts and concentrating, pondering on them, praying that the Holy Spirit would open them up to you. The same with all the books, the Psalms for instance. Small doses, long dwelled on ... take your time.

There are a number of really good threads on reading the Bible here, we will have to drum them up for you.

Here is an exceptional and short accounting that may be of a great help to you:

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/download_45.html] The Representative Man[/url] [i]By G.W. North[/i]

2007/8/24 23:47Profile
Ilya

Re:

Thank you all for your generosity. I'm part of another forum. So they helped shape me into what I am now. God bless them. But I just haven't been walking with God. I'm too busy talking to other people about their faith. And trying to gain knowledge through audio sermons that I completely ignore the most important part. Reading the Bible to know God more.

How do I post. All I can find is reply :(.

2007/8/25 2:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Help along the way

Quote:
How do I post. All I can find is reply :(.

From the home page under "Main Menu" go to "Discussion Forum". From there, click on one of the headings, for instance; "Articles and Sermons", in the upper right hand corner you will see "Post New Thread"

Quote:
But I just haven't been walking with God. I'm too busy talking to other people about their faith.

Hope you read the link there earlier brother\sister.

[i]It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.[/i] Joh 6:63

2007/8/25 7:57Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

i. Find a bible believing and Christ-centered Church.
ii. Pray regular
iii. Don't read your bible too fast, but slow and pray while reading and ask the Holy Spirit to enlight the Word in your heart.
iv. Read devotionals

Sincerely Magnus
:-)

2007/8/25 8:38Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Ilya, how are you doing? Welcome to Sermonindex and I hope that things are going well for you :)

I appreciate your honesty in what you shared Ilya. And I hope and look to God with you that He will lead you along and be your help in all things.

Something you wrote caught my attention, where you said

"I'm too busy talking to other people about their faith."

From my own experiences, this made me think that, perhaps sometimes we are eager to be engaged/busy in the things of God, like talking to others about God, for instance, as a way to avoid being engaged by God Himself; that is, as a way to avoid having God deal with us personally.

And one of the ways He could deal with us, is while we are reading His word. You may know this Bible verse already but I'd like to put it up here, in the book of Hebrews where it says

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Someone has said that the Bible is the only book that reads you back when you read it. I think that is a pretty neat statement. The word of God is searching, and revealing, and goes down to the deep things in our lives.

But in all that, we need grace from God. We need grace to be willing to open ourselves up to Him and to trust Him.

Well Ilya, whatever the case is for you personally, I wish for you that God may be your help and carry you through.

Grace and peace to you in Christ.

Christopher

2007/8/25 10:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy