SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Dangers of the Gospel of Accommodation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
probably it's some magazine from AG, I'm don't know much about AG.[

The Enrichment Journal is the official magazine for all licensed ministers in the A/G of America.

2009/1/30 11:57Profile

Jim

Quote:
Sadly the AOG has largely hardened their hearts since this time and gone further into apostacy.

How so?

Don;t mean to be contentious, but can you give me some examples and/or your opinion on this?

neil

2009/1/30 13:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Rebecca,

Have you considered this scripture from 2 Corinthians 6:14-18:

14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL )DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

17"Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.

18"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty. (NASB)

And how about this scripture from Ephesians 5:3 ?

" But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;" (KJV)

Rebecca, I feel so sorry for you...it is indeed tragic to go to worship service and see the devils' ways worshipped instead...is this description too strong? From your description this is what it sounds like to me...

Come back and give us an update or you could PM me...

ginnyrose

2009/1/30 15:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Rebecca,

14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL )DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

17"Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.

18"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty. (NASB)

" But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;" (KJV)

Rebecca, I feel so sorry for you...it is indeed tragic to go to worship service and see the devils' ways worshipped instead...is this description too strong? From your description this is what it sounds like to me...

ginnyrose

Well we got kicked out of our first church today and have no regrets. We wrote the pastor and the elders of the church telling them about the videos of the kids in the youth group dancing to the vulgar non-christian rap music, halloween, the hip-hop, the kids mixing with the muslim and buddist gangster crowds at night on church grounds and still had not had a chance to talk to them about the sexual promescuity when they decided that if we don't want to keep our mouth shut and go along with it than we should leave.

David Wilkerson, if you were ever to read this you were so right!

I still would like to take this to the Assemblies of God, headquarters but I still am not sure where God would have us take this from here. I will leave that up to my husband.

2009/1/30 19:06

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Rebecca,

ginnyrose

Just saw this ginnyrose. No, it's not too strong. We never knew what we were facing exactly when we went here but when we did we knew we had to go to leadership before we left which is what we did.

I just saw your post when I was about to post this, below. :-)

2009/1/30 19:35

Re:

Oh, and I forgot to add we also mentioned the Buddah statues on the missionaries' conference tables.

2009/1/30 20:29
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

RebeccaF,

Your description of your former church brings to mind Ezekiel chapter 8, when the Lord shows the prophet the hidden abominations in the sanctuary. It sounds like the spiritual corruption has become so pervasive that it can no longer be hidden--and that church leaders are so far astray they don't even have sense enough to TRY and hide it! I'm glad you and your husband got out of there.

There was a time when pastors used to worry about worldliness creeping into the church. The new breed of pastors go to great lengths to make the church as worldly as possible so that sinners will find it agreeable. Sheer lunacy.

Pentecostal/charismatic churches are notoroiusly prone to sexual sin, doctrinal error and other excesses. This is doubly tragic because for a lot of believers it confirms the doctrine that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are not for today, and if we "earnestly desire the better gifts," as the Bible tells us to, we're probably just opening ourselves up for some kind of demon infestation. We can find a more measured, Bible-based analysis by Jessie Penn-Lewis, T. Austin-Sparks and Watchman Nee in their numerous essays about Soul vs. Spirit. Nee especially explains how churches that emphasize ecstatic experiences and use stage gimmicks to whip people into an emotional state end up with a church life that is soulish rather than spiritual. From there it is a step away to the carnal and demonic.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=14829

2009/1/30 23:11Profile

Wayne man

I'm going to try and be as graceful as I can in response to your self-opinionated post, which veers very close to slander:

Quote:
Pentecostal/charismatic churches are notoroiusly prone to sexual sin, doctrinal error and other excesses.

Does Ted Haggard ring a bell? Do the roman priests resonant with you?

Or is it that you go to the "better Church", and follow the "better doctrine"?

Your whole post smacks of "religious pride", ecclesiatic superiority, and I for one find it a stench.

You know this faith of ours, the Church of Jesus would be such a beautiful powerful Body, if it just wasnt for some of his "followers".

and some of you wonder why you dont draw in those poor souls who dont know the love of Jesus, its precisely this hard-hearted, cold, little exclusive country club for the "saints" that passes off as "evangelical" in America. If it doesnt look like you, think like you, sound like you, say "yes and amen" at the proper points, then you cast it aside as in "doctrinal error and excess".

Even the lost can discern hypocrisy and self-righteouness. The Lord rebuke you.

2009/1/31 5:43

Re:

Quote:

wayneman wrote:
RebeccaF,

Your description of your former church brings to mind Ezekiel chapter 8, when the Lord shows the prophet the hidden abominations in the sanctuary. It sounds like the spiritual corruption has become so pervasive that it can no longer be hidden--and that church leaders are so far astray they don't even have sense enough to TRY and hide it! I'm glad you and your husband got out of there.

There was a time when pastors used to worry about worldliness creeping into the church. The new breed of pastors go to great lengths to make the church as worldly as possible so that sinners will find it agreeable. Sheer lunacy.

Pentecostal/charismatic churches are notoroiusly prone to sexual sin, doctrinal error and other excesses. This is doubly tragic because for a lot of believers it confirms the doctrine that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are not for today, and if we "earnestly desire the better gifts," as the Bible tells us to, we're probably just opening ourselves up for some kind of demon infestation. We can find a more measured, Bible-based analysis by Jessie Penn-Lewis, T. Austin-Sparks and Watchman Nee in their numerous essays about Soul vs. Spirit. Nee especially explains how churches that emphasize ecstatic experiences and use stage gimmicks to whip people into an emotional state end up with a church life that is soulish rather than spiritual. From there it is a step away to the carnal and demonic.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=14829

My husband and I were listening to his sermon online and discussing it together last night. The whole time he preaches he will say throughout his sermon "you need to progress in your walk with the Lord" or "you need to move on in the Lord" but NEVER does he ever tell you how do you get there, what does it mean to progress and what are we aiming for. The only thing he ever mentioned once was "socially and economically".

I told my husband it is so empty that you could take a pin and pop it. It's all air, empty, meaningless and it will not get you through the tribulation or perilous times we are facing. There is no meat to this. It's all prosperity preaching. No life and no substance here. It's meant to not offend and keep you comfortable and happy. It's deluding and will rock you to sleep. It so subtle which is why it is so dangerous and so demonic. Satan does not make an announcement when he decides to visit your church. He comes as an angel of light. It's antichrist, another gospel and it's everywhere!

We are living in perilous times. These are landmines waiting to be stepped on. This is a spritual battle and we need to arm ourselves with the word of God like never before!

2009/1/31 6:19
wayneman

Michigan

Re: Wayne man

Quote:

Natan4Jesus wrote:
I'm going to try and be as graceful as I can in response to your self-opinionated post, which veers very close to slander:

Quote:
Pentecostal/charismatic churches are notoroiusly prone to sexual sin, doctrinal error and other excesses.

Does Ted Haggard ring a bell? Do the roman priests resonant with you?

Or is it that you go to the "better Church", and follow the "better doctrine"?

Your whole post smacks of "religious pride", ecclesiatic superiority, and I for one find it a stench.

You know this faith of ours, the Church of Jesus would be such a beautiful powerful Body, if it just wasnt for some of his "followers".

and some of you wonder why you dont draw in those poor souls who dont know the love of Jesus, its precisely this hard-hearted, cold, little exclusive country club for the "saints" that passes off as "evangelical" in America. If it doesnt look like you, think like you, sound like you, say "yes and amen" at the proper points, then you cast it aside as in "doctrinal error and excess".

Even the lost can discern hypocrisy and self-righteouness. The Lord rebuke you.

This is your attempt at being "graceful"??? Gee, I'd hate to catch you in an ungracious mood! :-P I don't want to fight with pentecostals--I've just pointed out that sexual misconduct is very, very common in their churches and I think they need to ask themselves why. Griping at me for pointing out an unpleasant truth isn't going to solve the problem.

2009/1/31 7:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy