SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : KJV - yes, thats the version for me!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

KJV - yes, thats the version for me!

I am finding myself quickly losing interest in this forum lately... it's becoming a place where people come in and want to beat us over the head with political agendas, protests against this social problem, or that movement over there...

I long for the good ol' days when we actually addressed matters of substance. Theological issues. Stuff like that.

So I thought I would remind you all that I am still solidly 100% in favor of the KJV.

:-)

Krispy

2007/8/22 15:48
BlazedbyGod

Re: KJV - yes, thats the version for me!

Me to Krispy, I am soley in favor of the Word of God KJV.

God is one God, thus he only has one Word.

2007/8/22 15:54Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Quote:
So I thought I would remind you all that I am still solidly 100% in favor of the KJV.

Haha! Me too.......... almost :-P

2007/8/22 15:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
God is one God, thus he only has one Word.

I understand exactly what you mean by that, but some here probably wont. Just be prepared to do a lot of clarifying, bro! lol

Krispy

2007/8/22 15:57
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hey brother,

It is what we make of it though ...

Quote:
I long for the good ol' days when we actually addressed matters of substance. Theological issues. Stuff like that.

If I could say anything it would be that I don't think a lot of the newer members really know how truly wonderful those days were. It may lie somewhat in that gray area ... Brother it has grown much and needs a lot of patience, hopefully those of us who are veterans might do more to draw them in to deeper, more substantive matters.

And that may mean we have to let some things go without answer or reply.

Found another gem from Philologos that falls into this must read arena ... There is some remarkable and life altering things to be brought forth. Let's bring them up brother!

2007/8/22 16:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
If I could say anything it would be that I don't think a lot of the newer members really know how truly wonderful those days were. It may lie somewhat in that gray area ... Brother it has grown much and needs a lot of patience, hopefully those of us who are veterans might do more to draw them in to deeper, more substantive matters.

Guilty... I havent been very patient. Big surprise, huh? lol

Thanx for the word, bro. Timely as usual.

Krispy

2007/8/22 16:07
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Yes, I know. I faced that in another post that I was posting on today-

I gues people don't understand....like David said, Psalm 62:11 "God hath spoken ONCE..."-did they forget that?-lol

2007/8/22 16:09Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I am finding myself quickly losing interest in this forum lately... it's becoming a place where people come in and want to beat us over the head with political agendas, protests against this social problem, or that movement over there...

Krispy

Yes, Yes
I have debated over taking a long break from the forum (reading & posting) for a while now, & I think today is the day...

I have much reading to do.. IN my Ol' Scofield KJV

2007/8/22 16:12Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
There is some remarkable and life altering things to be brought forth. Let's bring them up brother!

Do I see the sun trying to peek through a cloud? :-)

Amen! Yes let's bring them up, and nurture their substance. This was what initially attracted me to these forums...and I so miss those discussions. Even when there were disagreements, the entire community was still blessed and prospered.

Quote:
And that may mean we have to let some things go without answer or reply.

Yes, brother. We need discernment in these areas, we need to identify the little foxes that would destroy the grapes. This will require the mending of the garden walls to keep out infectious varmints of politics and vain janglings and the like. It should also require the yanking-up of the weeds of personal agenda.

Speaking of KJV superiority, I am an ardent KJV lover; and I love it so much that I've gotten into the habit of reading it parallel with other versions to accentuate its conveyance in certain verses. I think we should let all the other versions work in our favor, taking the example from God Who uses the extraneous circumstances in life to work for the good of His children.

Which of us, while panning for gold in a creek, would not stop to pick up a emerald glistening on the bank? I've found that reading different translations parallel to the KJV can yield such profits. If anything, a lucid paraphrase from the NLT can be like a charge of dynamite that blasts away the crust of Jacobean verbiage to reveal the hunk of gold gleaming beneath the surface. Let us be shrewd and resourceful and fastidious in our mining! We are living in a most wonderful day and age of limitless provision and wealth to help us understand the breadth and scope of God's Word. All we need is the fire of the Holy Ghost to ignite the charge.

Brother Paul

2007/8/22 16:40Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

A good friend of mine, during times of distress, used to tell me, "[i]Don't worry -- it will all come out in the wash[/i]." At the time, I used to hate such advice because it was soooooo simplistic and felt like placing a rhetorical "bandaid on a cancer." However, it does make a lot of sense.

Sometimes, I sit back and watch the world (ala third person). The hearts of men are waxing worse and worse. Sin is becoming "acceptable" and "normal" at an alarming rate. And the Church seems to grow more worldly while having fallen into a much deeper sleep; or, the Church seems to have strained a gnat while swallowing a camel. But you know what? Jesus is [u]still[/u] Lord. In the end, He will still have His own way. Regardless of how utterly hopeless things seem -- the end has already been recorded in the books of eternity.

Christ wins.
Satan loses.
Believers rejoice.
Unbelievers wail.
The Heavens and the Earth are destroyed.
A new Heavens and a New Earth are created.
All tears will be wiped away.
No more death.
No more sorrow.
No more pain.
Everything will be made new.

There are times when I feel exasperated by the treatment from fellow believers. If I enter a disagreement with someone concerning a particular doctrine or issue, I am accused of "[i]being deceived[/i]," "[i]trusting in man[/i]" or "[i]spreading a lie[/i]." Try as I do, I still find myself entering into discussions where individuals make bold claims about everything from doctrine to politics -- simply to present a "[i]your-view-is-not-the-only-view-or-the-only-view-that-matters[/i]" perspective on an issue. I constantly wrestle with sharing my beliefs because I fear the anger that results from the presentation of a differing opinion.

Even though we don't agree on everything (well, mostly about the issue of KJV or Textus Receptus supremacy), we agree on that which really matters. Personally, you have always been thoughtful, even if a little rough, in the way you have dealt with such differences.

So be encouraged! Life is far too short to worry about the petty "grumblings" of others. And it is also far too short to neglect the vital "grumblings" that truly matter.

:-)

By the way, I still consider the KJV as the best translation taken from the Textus Receptus and the NIV as the best translation taken from the other sources.

2007/8/22 17:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy