SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do You Preach The God of the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Do You Preach The God of the Bible?

Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Do You Preach on these scriptures when you preach the gospel? Paul did.

Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Do you read preach this portion of Romans 9? Paul did.

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor? Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Do you preach on these following verses? The spirit of God breathed them and God's holy prophets preached them. Does the God you preach have power over the clay? Do you preach the God who is "...willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, [and]endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction?"

Psa 59:5 Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah. Psa 7:13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors. Psa 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them. Isa 27:11 When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will show them no favor. Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.Psa 53:5 There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them. Psa 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision. Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; Psa 52:5 God shall likewise destroy thee forever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah. Psa 52:6 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him: Psa 52:7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness. Psa 58:9 Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath. Psa 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked. Psa 58:11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth. Psa 37:12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. Psa 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. Psa 37:14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation. Psa 37:15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken. Rev 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God: Rev 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. Rev 19:3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up forever and ever.Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honorable. Isa 46:8 Remember this, and show yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Does the God you preach have power over the clay? Do you preach the God who will "...make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory?"

Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. Psa 136:11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth forever: Psa 136:14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth forever: Psa 136:22 Even a heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth forever. Isa 14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

2007/8/21 23:12
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Do You Preach The God of the Bible?

Quote:
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Alongside those who chose not to live by faith, we find that in each generation there exists a remnant elected by grace and not of works...

Romans 11:

4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

Like those in the OT there are those who chose to walk away from their Lord and Savior...

Philem. 1:23 Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you, 24 as do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow laborers.

We find that Demas chose another path...

2Tim. 4:9 Be diligent to come to me quickly; 10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.

God desires that none perish, therefore we know that because man is fallen, God must extend grace to enable man to find the "ancient path."

The path that is narrow has always been through faith in the "Holy One of Israel....

There are two fathers of men, Satan and God Almighty. All men are given knowledge of both through the spiritual world. All men are given both the knowledge of good and the knowledge of evil. Most choose to become the seed of Satan. Few choose the Seed of the woman.

God Bless
Jeff

2007/8/23 6:34Profile

Re:

"God desires that none perish, therefore we know that because man is fallen, God must extend grace to enable man to find the "ancient path."

Past tense here: God has extended His Grace to ALL mankind. Mankind is without excuse.

2007/8/23 8:14
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Quote:
by Ormly on 2007/8/23 23:14:45

Past tense here: God has extended His Grace to ALL mankind. Mankind is without excuse.

So why is the state of man in today's generation is still in bondage and there are so few that seem to be truly partaking of divine Grace? The reason has to be more than just one of naivety and ignorance.

2007/8/23 8:40Profile

Re:

Shouldn't this thread be called "Do you preach the God of the Bible in a way that supports my doctrine?"

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/23 8:47

Re:

Quote:

intrcssr83 wrote:
Quote:
by Ormly on 2007/8/23 23:14:45

So why is the state of man in today's generation is still in bondage and there are so few that seem to be truly partaking of divine Grace? The reason has to be more than just one of naivety and ignorance.

Indeed and we find it ever so true within the "Christian" community, don't we? Many are called and respond only to find themselves fooled-disappointed by the false message: "Come to Jesus and He will change your life because you are powerless to do it". What does that say except the message is wrong; poorly presented if not qualified to mean something more than a magical experience one is invited to enter into. And those who mostly respond want no further demands placed upon them that might speak of surrendering their lifestyle.
Bondage indeed and it will remain so until people "in Christ" [so called] begin to realize the error in their presumptous ways.

"Many are called, few are chosen".

2007/8/23 9:16

Re:

Quote:
Shouldn't this thread be called "Do you preach the God of the Bible in a way that supports my doctrine?"

In Christ - Jim

It would be considered "my doctrine" if I have spoken of myself or sought my own will and my own glory.

If I speak of myself or seek my own will and glory, then mark me and avoid me.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings.
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed:

You are also to charge me to teach no other doctrine than what has been delivered to you. So if it is my doctrine and not our Lord's, you are to charge me to teach no other doctrine.

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Tit 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, especially they of the circumcision:
Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

You are also to put the Brethren in remembrance of our Lord's doctrine (The Word of God).

1Ti 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

1Ti 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If I am in error, you are to gently correct and warn me as a brother.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Those who teach, reprove, rebuke, or exhort... are to preach the word.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Let all Jerusalem and all the world be filled with our Lord's doctrine.

Act 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

You are dearly loved,
God bless you brother!
-Abraham

2007/8/23 14:52

Re:

Dear brother-

I am not suggesting that you made it up, just that SO MANY are getting hung up on a theological position that causes them to FOCUS on certain scriptures while downplaying others.

The God of the Bible is revealed in His complete word, not just select scriptures. Thats all Im saying.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/23 15:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy