SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : can I pray?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Oh Jesus, how truly you are my Redeemer, my Rescuer. When I was lost and drowning in my sin, You had mercy. I forget sometimes Lord, how truly awful life was without You. I forget sometimes the emptiness and wretchedness of that life. And I forget to be thankful for what You have done for me. But then you will bring something across my path to remind me, to draw my thoughts back to how great a deliverance You have wrought in my life and it reduces me to a puddle of tears. Because it was so awful Jesus and I was the last one that You should have loved, but You loved me anyway. And I cannot understand a love like that. It humbles me so deeply and right at this moment Lord Jesus I feel that my heart would burst with thankfulness. What a remarkable love this is………

2007/8/26 0:45Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

what words do want me to speak? My heart is to heavy to speak can you hear the words within my soul? By grace lead through these tears. Hear my heart I carry it to you. Can you save me from my ways, when I feel I am too drowning in my own ways. When I am drowning in the sorrow of the sin around me. My heart is braking at the love of sin. In my heart, let not be. Let me be broken. hear this hearts crys. Let me pray. Let me not put this aside Let me pray. Have mercy and hear my sorrow. Help me to battle in prayer.Let not take this on my own. I bring what you are showing me, all you put on heart to prayer. When my heart is broken and crushed from what I see. My heart is racing can't I be still, when it is crying out. You say pray.. You say turst me and pray. Give all your heart to me, so when you can pray, then pray and when you can't pray anyways. I must pray. Do I dear say let my food be my tears? Why does my heart feel so crushed? To this I must pray. draw me closer that I might hear your heart. Make this heart feel as you feel, Brake me, bring me to my face..
Humble this proud heart. Whatever do don't let me lack pray. Help me I beg, help me to always pray. DOn't let lose the vaule the power of when I am on my knees. Let me pray..

blessing
In his love
charlene

2007/8/28 18:21Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Oh this question came again to my mind today..
Oh God can I pray? Do I fear you when I pray?
I am I really face down? My heart is weeping with a longing it seems it can't meet. What has kept me praying?

I came home to my brothers house, and I have been having trouble praying.
What sin keeps me from being on my face?
Do I desire this time?
I was sorrow I have prayed to little. I started saying oh God I can't do this, with out you.
I see I have been enslaved to my sin once again. Could you come and help me.. Oh how I need your grace.
I started praying two sisters, It was good. But my heart wasn't right. God cut it off. I was had stop and think of my heart. I am praying but you are looking at my heart.
It was as if he was saying go and repent.
and so I did and I came back. and Got online and started praying with another sister. It was then I felt Holy Spirit filling me with fire again to pray for others. I had joy again. God made it clear I can't let anything come in between my time with God. So once again I could pray by Gods grace.

So what hunger is in my heart? what longing do I have to pray? Oh God please come and bring this Holy Fire aagin. Let my fire only grow stronger. Take this life of mine and make it holy fill me up with your grace, let my passion be for your holy name. Teach me to know how to pray. Teach to love others, by how I pray.

I don't want to pray a list. I want to pray with my heart. Oh that my face will show that I have prayed.

His goodness shines with brightest rays when we delight in all his ways
His glory overflows its rim when we are satisfied in him
His radiance will fill the earth when people revel in his worth
The beauty of God’s holy fire Burns brightest in the heart’s desire John Piper

Whom have I have in Heaven but thee?
And there is nothing upon earth that I desire besides thee
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion for ever, Ps 73

In his loVe
charlene

2007/9/3 23:38Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I set in my heart I was going to pray more for SI and this conf coming up... I went to pray and I was weak and weary.. I again I said oh God how can I pray? I feel so weak.. But his voice said in my heart pray.. I lay my head down and cried Lord it is my heart to pray, yet it seems so hard. This sickness makes it so hard to fouse. I feel you are calling me to pray, yet part of me doults I can..Whom I oh Lord? I said oh what a fool I am, to think I could go Ohio and pray if I can't even do it here? For moment I felt this way but as soon as I started to pray, then he raised me up and able me to pray. He again showed me, it isn't me but him through me. He gave me faith today that his grace can lift and carry me through.
But I also learn it is nothing less then a fight and determation to pray. and His grace that allows me to pray

May God help us to fight to pray.. Even when life sickness and all the others that come to keep us from this time, may it be God work through us and help us to fight.

in his love
charlene

2007/9/15 1:16Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Oh Charlene, I understand this. How many times do I come to prayer with a cold heart? Knowing the needs that I am about to bring before the Lord, I should be brokenhearted and weeping. But my eyes are dry and my heart is cold. I can only look toward heaven and confess, Lord, I am wrong.

But we must pray. How can we not pray?

How can we not pray?

So I ask – Lord, stir my heart. I have no desire in me right now to seek You. Would you put it there? I should want to pray to You more than I want to breathe.

You are right – it is Him through me.

And this makes me glad.

Danielle

2007/9/15 2:17Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Thank God he helps when we are cold and weak..

To this let us pray until we can pray..

In His love
charlene

2007/9/15 3:18Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Amazing thing.. I have been so weary from this sickness. I was really struggling to pray..
The another day I ask Joy to pray I would have power to pray.. I went to pray I laid my head ask Gods help. Then I started to pray. God came down and lifted my spirit I was awaken to pray. Praise God.

Blessing

2007/9/20 17:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy