SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : can I pray?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

can I pray?

I ask how much I am I willing to give to pray?
How much?
Can Pray through the night?

Do I pray with all my heart?
How much do I love others? would I give up my sleep for them?

I can't say I never prayed through the whole night, I have went late but and early but all night never.
Have I never prayed God if you want wake me and let me pray?

Oh I am done in by my sin, what hours I wast, when I could be doing kingdom work.
I confess mind can't say on track without Gods word on my mind, So I can't pray apart from the Word.

But this I am growing and learning what a great love for a brother or sister is, I lay awake with their names on my heart. I pray for lost, but family of Christ is what lays most heavy on my heart.

I guess it is good to know what it mean to give our lives for our brothers and sister. I have known I have paid the cost of my health many times because I prayed. But then I have let the world grip me and pull me away.

I am told you must take care of your body
I agree a 100 % I do try in many ways. but what do I do when I feel I must pray?

I ask the Lord to help me, I disobey so much and wast so much time..
teach us how to pray long hours for you...not fill hours, but the hours slip by....

blessing

2007/8/21 5:34Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: can I pray?

I read this post this morning [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18981&forum=40]We are going to the mountain to pray[/url]. And I feel such a desire to spend extended periods of time in prayer like that. But the flesh is weak. It would rather sleep or even spend that time here on SI.

To answer your question - can I pray? Sure
But do I pray????

I'm tired of deceiving myself by reading about prayer, thinking about prayer, desiring prayer and somehow thinking this means I have prayed.

I need to pray and seek the face of God.....

2007/8/21 5:44Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I think you are right, as I was praying
it hit me. Would I rather hear the voice from man then God. wow is me. I want to hear the voice of God. Dear let us put away all that keeps us from praying, even that what seems good. I agree don;t let us be deceived. I pray but I wonder did I put my all my heart into it?
I can pray, But I ask the same question Do I
Oh sister. God help us to pray.. Help to not love mens words more then yours. WE want to hear from you. To meet with you face to face. Father for all those who are starting there days. Please I pray let you be frist. father, help us we cry to pray with all. To just pray. We come asking you rule our hearts our time our minds.
Father what Can I bring? Father please help us seek your face.. Now Oh God Now Now I ask let us not wast our time...

2007/8/21 6:11Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

I have been thinking about this all morning while getting ready for work. How David said:

And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price:neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver. 2 Samuel 24:24

But so often I give God the leftovers of my day.

I frequently have to make appointments to go see clients during the month. When I tell my client I will be there at a certain day and a certain time, I make sure I am there. But I have often made commitments to the Lord regarding prayer and then just not showed up. I have given more honor to my clients than to the Lord of glory who poured out His very life blood for me.

A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? Malachi 1:6

I am sick at heart as I consider this and repenting even now. Brothers and sisters, let us pray for one another that we would seek the Lord earnestly; that we would become a people of prayer.

Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God? Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet. Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God? Joel 2:12-17

2007/8/21 6:44Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I will pray and keep praying,, I need pray too..
amen God is puting a greater need for prayer in our hearts, May we obey...

blessing In Christ
charlene

2007/8/21 8:36Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

God can help indeed to pray.. I had a wonderful time of prayer..

Oh Father make us humble,, let your peopel pray..amen

what keeps us from praying?
I know it is sleep...
sleeping in or staying up late..
can sleep be better then being with Christ?

2007/8/21 12:34Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I have to say there are times, No I can't pray, yet I can. It is only Gods grace that keeps me praying. It is Gods when I have nothing. I can't hold on. I would fall to my face. But he holds me and keeps me. I need his grcae. I found at times am just crying help, help, please.

2007/8/21 18:38Profile
swsojourner

Re:

Speak thou to Him for He heareth,
And spirit with spirit will meet!
Nearer is He than breathing,
Nearer than hands and feet.

2007/8/21 20:25Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works. Psalm 73:25-28

2007/8/25 6:17Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

"Be still before the lord and wait pastienty for him fret notnot yourself over the one who prosper in his ways" Ps 37

Let our heart be still and wait on the Lord.

2007/8/25 23:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy