Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a deeper love

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

a deeper love

can you hear my heart pounding wildly? Can you hear it beat? I am stirred within with a passion that prices my soul and consumes my heart. A fire that burns within yet contained, desiring to burst out. It is burning being kindled by Holy Spirit. The weight of this passion that lays heavy on my heart brings me to my knees. What on earth or in heaven do I desire more then thee? What a wicked thought to think of Him less treasured, less valued, less loved then anything else should make me sick. To forsake the treasured time with thee for worthless things.
So I fall and confess all my loves, all the time I have wasted.
Should not my heart wail in agony. Should not my heart cry out adulteress this I am. Is not my plea to be restored. Is not my desire to love Him even more? To love with all my heart soul mind. So I pray more Grace more Grace. I a dress this request with extreme earnestly that by His grace I will be able to do what I can’t do. That is to love with my whole being. To make anew in me my love for Him more dept and richness.
My heart contains a fire the stirs my passion of loving my King. Could I not speak of such a great treasure? Could I keep silent? Are not my bones on fire?
Is not heart also on fire? It is such a glorious thing loving Him.
Why would not be willing to give anything, He not more valued then all things?
More then family, more then any earthly things? Can really anything compare with the great love? So can you see my heart is wildly in love with the all Knowing King. There is no question he has swept me off my feet. " heart is overflows with a pleasing theme; I address My verses to the King ; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe. You are the most handsome of all sons of men;
O might one in your splendor and majesty! With joy and gladness they are led along as the enter the palace of the king. Time with Him is ever long enough has He become my very breath? Does He guide my every step? I know I would die with out Thee. To even think one day without his word I would wither in pain. How blessed to be in love. And if we love should not our desire be to follow and obey? I hope to sing of is love in my worship. So is it so that who loves is marked by their daily devotions? Love is not the most crazy and amazing thing that one would go sleepless night, and do unthinkable things without question. Would not be engraved on their hearts the one they loved? Therefore controlling every thought every action. Truly this for is not able through us, but my grace given freely to those who ask.
in his love
charlene

2007/8/18 19:14Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: a deeper love

Oh Jesus, I confess that I have not desired you above all things, my heart wanders at times. But thank You my Saviour, that You are so faithful to draw me back unto yourself. I am weak and easily distracted. My prayers so often are passionless. When I call to mind to Whom they are addressed, I am ashamed that I have offered You something so ordinary. But still you hear. But still you answer. But still you love. And though I am dismayed by my weakness, I am amazed by Your strength. The strength of Your love, the strength of Your grace. How can I not love You??? Let the fire of that love burn in my heart, igniting every prayer with passion. Bring me often to my knees in prayer Lord, to the place of communion, to the place of intimacy, to the place of intercession, to the place of repentance, to the place of tears. In Your presence let all things of the flesh be burned away and let Christ be formed in me. Let all things pertaining to me be unto Your glory Lord. Hide me away in Christ, that I am not seen, but only Christ. And I pray, give to me a deeper love. A heart that beats for only You. Be my one desire and passion. Consume me with Your love. For the glory of Your great Name.

2007/8/18 19:28Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Oh Father I agree, make this love in me. Please help to love you. Help me, I confess free from my ways. I want to awake with a fresh love for you way. Yes Lord Take this heart let it fall in love. I confess I have let lots of things take my time.. Please Father help use my time in more prayer. Help to endure, I can't do this. I need you. Help me to love more then all thing in this world. Be faithful to show my lovers. Now Oh Lord, we want to cast at your feet.. Come Father speak to our heart. Let me come and humble my heart. Face down I pray. face down I pray.
Come Father let us our people cry out and hear our prayers.
amen

2007/8/18 22:01Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Yes Father, face down, humble, at Your feet. This is my place. Let me take it gladly. And from that place, face down, let my prayers rise before Your throne. Stir my heart with a passion for the lost, with a passion for the body of Christ so that I will cry out to You in prayer with tears, desperate to see a move of God in the earth. Make me so desperate Lord, that I will not rest until I know I have taken hold of You. Teach me to travail and wrestle in prayer. I am so often too impatient to wait upon You as I should. How often have I left Your Presence too soon, just before the answer? Father, teach me to tarry in Your Presence, to be with you much.

Strip away from me every idol of my heart and everything that competes with the place that is Yours alone. Be ruthless in dealing with compromise and complacency in my life. Oh God, how I desire to walk worthy of my calling as a child of God, to be pure and godly in all my ways. Help me to always seek after Your will, Your plan, Your glory. Always You.

2007/8/18 23:00Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

"Lord give me deeper love,
That me, to thee compelleth.
Lord give me deeper love,
That every doubt dispelleth.
Burn, thou, within my heart
A passion beyond measure,
That I, to all, impart
This love, this priceless treasure.

Lord, give me deeper love,
So that no fear may bind me.
Lord give me deeper love,
That naught of earth may blind me.
May fervent, holy fear,
May holiness possess me,
And cause men to revere
Thy splendor and confess thee.

Lord give me deeper love;
Tis my petition daily.
Lord give me deeper love;
That I, in all, may praise thee.
Forsaking earthly gain,
To gain a prize more glorious:
Embracing needful pain,
To gain an end victoriuos.

Lord give me deeper love..."

2007/8/20 22:51Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

you are the lover of my soul would come and dwell within my heart
for your love is delighful I rejoice in Just knowing you
You tell me how beauiful I am
In your eyes I am " like a lily among the throns"
how beautiful I am " there is no flaw in me"
You support me you love me you embraces me
you now I rest in you alone

sweet lover would you come
let me rest in you alone
Let me love until the end
May I rejoice for your love is faithful
and everlasting

You are my lovley knight that took my heart away
Your fire of love for me burn brighter than any sun, would you burn my heart to love you with this a new passion
I long for the day we will meet for that will be the day of comletion

In His love
charlene

2007/9/20 18:12Profile

Re: a deeper love

Hi Charlene,

I was attracted to reply when I saw the superb poem you posted which reads like it must be a hymn.

I have questions though...

Is it possible to receive the love in place of the fears without defining the fears and consciously giving them up - letting them go - at the same time as Christ comes in with His love?

If one believes that fears will be afraid of love and move over for it without a whimper, might this be a recipe for an ongoing sense of spiritual failure and depression?

Maybe what I'm trying to say is... it's one thing to know that love is the answer, but what [i]exactly[/i] is the question?

(Next paragraph edited for clarity.)

I feel that unless the individual believer knows what they are believing God to enter in to their life and [i]do[/i] - to enter into their mind, soul and spirit and [i]change[/i] - one can hope that being plunged into the emotions of His love, or the purity of His love, or the power of His love (and more) will fix everything at once (and it may do for some people) - the enemy simply lies low for a while before reasserting a kind of dominance. In my experience, I've found understanding the enemy is key to being victorious.

The only way to by-pass the analysis I've implied is necessary, is to go the other way. Rather than asking for love to come to us, we press into Christ and let Him fix us [i]there[/i], as we abide restfully in Him.

Perhaps this hymn says better, what I was thinking. It only came to mind as I wrote the word 'restfully'. Here's a link:

[url=http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/i/jiamrest.htm]http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/i/jiamrest.htm[/url]

2007/9/22 4:45
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Hi Sister Dorcas,

Quote:
Maybe what I'm trying to say is... it's one thing to know that love is the answer, but what exactly is the question?

I have found that in my life, trying to understand the question only produces more problems. Being an analytical, problem-solving type of person (by nature and occupation) my tendency is to constantly try to figure myself out. I have spent endless amounts of time lost in my own brain trying to come to conclusions about whatever the current issue may be. But I have found that this only leads to a greater sense of frustration, as the focus is on myself instead of Christ. The conclusion I have come to can be summed up in these verses:

The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9

You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

Quote:
Is it possible to receive the love in place of the fears without defining the fears and consciously giving them up - letting them go - at the same time as Christ comes in with His love?

In my own experience, I have found the answer to this is yes. His love, His peace, His joy – they all so overwhelming surpass my fears, that if I can just get to the place where I take my eyes off myself and fasten them on Him………………

I’m posting that hymn that you referenced sister. It is wonderful

Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.

Refrain
Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Belovèd,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed!

Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ’neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace.

2007/9/22 8:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I sat in Church today. As they all where singing this question came into mind, who do I want to run after and love with my all. I had to sit down and pray. My friend was sitting next to me I reached over to put my hand on hers to pray.
" Oh God take our hearts and make them hotter for you, drive in us a passion for your name. Please cast away all our idols all our lovers. We desire for you to me number one. Come with your spirit and flam in us a holy passion for your name alone. drive in us a deeper love"

Today my heart us moved again to seek and pray I will love my God more. It seems I have been in a pit the last week, I am now starting to see the light again. Praise God for he is so good and wonderful to us.

again I ask, and long give a deeper love for you my King.

Let is be my beloved we will long and desire to know our God more and more. To let this love drive into us that it will bring us to our knees in praise and thankfullness.

Blessing my family in Christ
charlene

2007/11/5 0:29Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Are You only God on our mountaintops? Are You not also God in our valleys? Have You not chosen, O God, to draw us into a deeper place of love and dependence in these very desolate times of our lives, when all other means of support and comfort has been withdrawn? How quickly we look to other people and other things for our help. But Your love for us is too great, Your desire for a people too strong, to allow us to continue to place our trust in any other. And so we come to the valley of the shadow of death and you will not allow us to run through quickly to the other side, but You insist that we walk through. And there in the valley, as our hearts are stripped of independence and pride, we see that when all else is gone, You remain. Oh the wisdom of God! We would never willingly choose the valley, but You have set times that You have ordained it for us. How we murmur and complain as we begin to traverse it. How we pity ourselves and our miserable condition. Until that moment when You still our hearts and reveal to us the blessing of the wilderness.

Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.

"And it shall be, in that day,"
Says the LORD,
"That you will call Me "My Husband,'
And no longer call Me "My Master,'
For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,
And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
In that day I will make a covenant for them
With the beasts of the field,
With the birds of the air,
And with the creeping things of the ground.
Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth,
To make them lie down safely.

“I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the LORD. Hosea 2:14-20

In the dry desert places of our lives, may we find You Oh God. And let our hearts sing in that wilderness place as we discover that in You we have a love that is sufficient for all things.

Danielle

2007/11/5 5:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy