SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Vice President Dick Cheney's 1994 Prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother Paul, you either have tunnel vision or you are purposely trying to mislead. Read, this is just some of what has been said. Your accusations are unfounded.

Brother, you've lashed out on everybody in this thread who doesn't share your convictions on the reasoning behind posting this so-called "prophecy" by Dick Cheney. You first contest the moderator, then jump on Chris, then Krispy, and now me. You are a wonderful brother when nobody is in disagreement with you, but I have noticed a trend in how you speak with those who begin to challenge you.

I've also noticed that you and I always seem to clash on this forum, and I hate this. I know we can't possibly agree all the time, but I just wish you weren't so hasty with your accusations, telling brothers that they are "wrong" or "false" or "putting trust in man" or have "tunnel vision" simply because they don't share your views. Why play the man when you can play the ball?

(edit) The reason for my edit was to brush up the language, because I felt it might be misrepresented, dear brother, because I indeed saw it to be accusatory. I would also like to point out that the meat of this thread has nothing to do with God or the things of God or the building of His Kingdom. This was the reason our moderator rightfully alerted you. The claim of putting no trust in man and not being politically motivated came only afterwards, when you felt compelled to defend yourself and the purpose of this thread.

Brother Paul

2007/8/20 18:59Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brother Paul,

What do you call this:
Quote: Political posts dealing with the topic of God are fine, but political posts such as this that are
void of the mention and purpose of God and instead centralized on the whims of man are not.

Did you say this or not? “Void of the mention and purpose of God”
I did not put these words in your mouth Brother? From the very beginning I have stated that man is fallible and that we must put our trust only in the Lord. This is not an attack
On anyone, Chris and I have talked and I answered Brother Mike with the respect that is due him. You Brother have thrown the political into this and I have no interest in such.
If I have offended you please accept my apologies it was not intended, but please let each one speak for themselves I believe they are all well qualified to do so. This all has nothing to do with you agreeing or not, it has everything to do with what is trying to be interjected. This is not about politics and does a disservice to everyone to try to take it there. Please this is the only message this post is trying to proclaim:

Jeremiah 17:5-8
Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. [6] For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. [7] Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. [8] For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/20 19:34Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Did you say this or not? “Void of the mention and purpose of God”

Yes, I did. Is it not true? What does anything in that snippet interview have to do with the purposes of the divine other than show everyone that the war was wrong from the get-go? You speak of me wanting to interject politics, but I see this rather as a vehicle to bolster a specific personal agenda. Why else would you post it under the term "prophecy"?

Quote:
Please this is the only message this post is trying to proclaim:

I understand, brother. But the initial linkage to Jeremiah 17 is very unclear. I see it now, though. The very first post in the thread, however, didn't allude to this; it only surmized Vice President Cheney to be a prophet in a facetious way. Evidentally, I'm not the only one to have misconstrued this for another anti-war political wrangling thread.

Brother Paul

2007/8/20 19:52Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
“Did you say this or not? “Void of the mention and purpose of God”

”Yes, I did. I stand by it. What does anything in that snippet interview have to do with the purposes of the divine other than show everyone that the war was wrong from the get-go? You speak of me wanting to interject politics, but I see this rather as a vehicle to bolster a specific personal agenda. Why else would you post it under the term "prophecy"?

To show the fallibility of man and the hopelessness of trusting in the arm of flesh and that is exactly where Jeremiah 17 belongs:
Jeremiah 17:5-8
Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. [6] For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. [7] Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. [8] For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Enough said, have a good night Brother Paul,

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/20 20:13Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Enough said, have a good night Brother Paul,

Yes, dear brother. Enough said. Good night, and I embrace you.

2007/8/20 20:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A little late

Brothers, sisters, pastorfin ...

Am a little behind here ... Just for a point of clarification, here is the bit from the disclaimer:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]*Politics[/b]

We have found it necessary to curtail political discussion here for a variety of reasons. It is primarily out of step with the manner and thrust of Sermon Index in it's intention and we have found little good to come from an allowance of things based politically into the discussions. It is unfortunate, but the results have shown that policy and pundits of secular government are divisive enough inherently and while that is neither here nor there, it is again that which would have little to do with this sites intentions. Moreover, where we have allowed it in the past it is almost always that of the Western hemisphere and largely American politics that wish to be argued over. This is a ministry borne out of Canada and gone out into all the world, rarely has the politics of other nations been brought forth for discussion and overall very little of it has to do with spiritual attributes. For these reasons we ask you to not bring forth political matters.

It is inevitable that with an allowance of items and issues effecting us all by that which is happening in this present world that attributes of a political nature will creep in, this is understood. However, we will keep a very close eye on these things and may ask you to stop midstream or lock a posting if in our discretion we feel that it is out of place in the forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The word [i]unfortunate[/i] stands out because there are those who might be able to have some discussions in this arena without a meltdown of charity and what have you. If I might answer the last one first pastorfin;

Quote:
If I have broken a rule please accept my apology for it was not intentional.

Recognize that brother and the disclaimer had only recently been updated.
Quote:
Brother Mike,

When do words spoken in context from a leader’s mouth become agitation? The truth is the truth, there is nothing political about this clip it is simply showing the fallibility of man. You know I am not political and thus have no interest in character bashing.

To be honest I thought Paul's reply earlier expressed the situation sufficiently and didn't think anything else needed to be added.

Transitioning to some generalities ... We have struggled with this for a long time here and that is primarily why an addition was so long delayed in this realm. It has to do with the dynamics of this particular forum and the difficulty of trying to either redraw it back or somehow keep it to it's original inception. There is such a variety of age, experience, culture, spiritual longevity, confusion of misunderstanding, poor expression ... style of writing, I could go on for some time. We have always felt this forum was different as expressed in the disclaimer itself for those same reasons and have never wanted to lay down hard and fast rules for the most part, so it becomes much of a discernment issue as to things that fall somewhere in-between ...

We would rather be far more charitable I would imagine with such a wide possibility of subject matter, but it does just boil down to those things that are either out of place to the thrust of this ministry or those things that can be matters of unnecessary divisiveness.

Think this is as good a place as any to lock this thread.

2007/8/20 21:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy