SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jesus is Lord over PMS and Icky Days (Formerly A Woman Question)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Jesus is Lord over PMS and Icky Days (Formerly A Woman Question)

edit: I'm going to change the title to better reflect what this discussion is about. ^_^

I believe in blamelessness... and holiness... and complete sanctification, and I don't exactly want to debate it, but I am open to you who don't believe in it to say things. Especially if you have scripture.
I guess I need an extra boost from the sistern.
This is quite a personal and icky question, but should I have faith that Christ will remove PMS (I'm definitely thinking yes... I just need help...)? Is it just something the world made up to make women feel better about their sin? I know that He CAN do anything, but we all know that some things He just doesn't take away.... See, I get depressed at that time and several ills result. I start thinking about suicide and how poorly I behave before God. I can barely get any initiative and I'm definitely unable to focus.
I try to look at it as an opportunity to deny the flesh, but boy is it hard when even your mind goes you know?
Maybe I need to pray more? X_x
Have any of you overcame PMS?

2007/8/16 1:04Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: A Woman Question (males can't really contribute much on this issue unless yo

Dear sister, though I am a male, I am married, and also have a sister.

My wife tends to have a one day period of PMS in which she can go from a coy little girl to a raging bull in two seconds flat. It has taken me much time to receive wisdom from God about this, and to not react in a fleshly manner towards her. I have to realize that there are physiological and hormonal imbalances at play.

I do not see anything in Scripture that would condemn a woman for this, though there should be a confession if there is sin.

The ground for your justification before God are not your works dear one, but rather Christ's alone. Thus have great confidence in Him, not necessarily to deliver from this, but rather to intercede for you, and mediate His work for you.

Perhaps this is why woman in Leviticus were unclean, and to be left alone for a time?

I will pray for you.

2007/8/16 1:15Profile

Re: A Woman Question (males can't really contribute much on this issue unless yo

Hey, another male here.

I have a certain "thorn in my side" as well (although I'm not so brave as to discuss it here).

Instead of taking my thorn away, He's proved His grace is sufficient. And whenever I whine in my head or heart about it, He proves it again.

The great thing about thorns is that they drive us to the Lord for compassion (if not comfort).

It may also be prudent to remember that when we had peace, immortality, and joy unspeakable - not to mention the Tree of Life for food - we sinned.

War, famine, plague, and suffering have a way of turning our hearts and minds to God.

May God Bless You, Sister!

2007/8/16 4:15

Quote:
I try to look at it as an opportunity to deny the flesh, but boy is it hard when even your mind goes you know?

I am a male also. I think males have the symptoms of it also. We also get to observe our wives and ask for grace to give mercy to endure. Life's problems stem from the fall in the garden of Adam and Eve. Although God has been so gracious to us through our Savour Jesus Christ which will one day completely reverse this fallen state of man and death and other punishment for the fall of man and restore us in in heaven. We can see that things still exists as the punishment today. If we are saved we have the promise we have already overcome but we are watching and waiting on our Blessed Hope to come and glorify us. Evidence the things still exist in Genesis. Women have pain in child birth, man earns his living from the sweat of the brow. It is appointed to all of once to die, exception on physical death being different maybe, maybe not, if Christ comes before physical death and then we will be changed to our glorified bodies. There are some other points of punishment that I won't go into for fear of starting a gender battle struggle. It is very evident all these all still exists and effect our lives today and they will continue until Jesus comes for his bride the church. He has given us pain medication for child birth, medication for PMS, many ways he has ease the pain for us beforehand. Some of those pains often bring us closer in a relationship with to HIM. Sometimes when we fight the punishment that stem from the the fall that still exists, instead of just asking for endurance and asking grace for mercy and watching and waiting on our Blessed Hope, then we makes it worse. I hope this has helped. We see dimly now, but when He comes we shall see clearly.

2007/8/16 11:41
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Thanks for all your answers, even the guys. ^_^
The verse "my grace is sufficient" did come up in my thinking. I wanted to make sure that He was actually saying that to me because unlike Paul, I'm not hardly pious enough to merit an audible voice from my Lord. Maybe one day! (note: not that I'm obsessed with experiences... it'd just be encouraging hehe)
Since I think that love is the fulfilling of the law, the reason I'm concerned is that I don't always act loving when my hormones act up (I get distracted when people are talking to me, impatient, self-centered, dreary). I agree with many that it doesn't seem that God would fault me with something that is biological and out of my control, but since it is in His control I was wondering if anyone had ever got rid of it. It would have been great if Richard Wurmbrand's wife or Keith Daniel's wife talked about it XD.
Unfortunately, I doubt the Levitical law was dealing with this because the woman would have already started bleeding and PMS happens beforehand. And the blood is most likely why I figure. But that whole being left alone thing sounds fantastic XD.
Yeah, the pain in the cramps is great. I have some of my best prayertime then. The depression and lethargia is not as fruitful... yet?
Thanks everybody! I am glad to be able to sort through this with you all because I want to do everything I can to live right before God. ^_^

2007/8/16 12:16Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings dear sister

You are not alone in this struggle. Yes I have had some similar struggles and yes Jesus has given me much grace and strength in this area. I have in the past struggled with sinful depression but also anger, intense anger during that time of the month. While I do believe there are hormones in the chemical make up of a woman that can contribute to these emotional mood swings I do also believe that the world and self have used this knowledge to justify sinful behavior. I know that I used the excuse for years to treat my husband terribly and to blow up in anger all the while telling myself that it wasn't my fault. For me I was able to overcome the temptation of giving into the sin of anger during those times by keeping my focus on Jesus. The more I began to see my anger as sin and understand how Father views it the more convicted I felt. Keeping my heart centered on Jesus and striving to live my life for Him was the one thing that has really helped me. I know that I have control over my behavior no matter what the situation, I can choose to give into self or live unto the Lord in all situations so for me it has become a choice each month. Now when I feel that way, I take it to the Lord at once, I do not give it any room in my heart and Jesus has given me victory over it. I still have some physical side effects that can be debilitating and painful but with a little bit of Advil and a lot of prayer each month that too passes. If you would like to talk about this more please feel free to email me or pm. Please know that I will be praying for you

God Bless you
MaryJane

2007/8/16 12:30Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thanks MaryJane ^_^
I also believe it would be a horrible thing to just accept it as insurmountable. Especially since I should never excuse treating others poorly or thinking disobedient thoughts.
Your testimony is encouraging.

2007/8/16 13:25Profile

Quote:

HopePurifies wrote:
I believe in blamelessness... and holiness... and complete sanctification, and I don't exactly want to debate it, but I am open to you who don't believe in it to say things. Especially if you have scripture.
I guess I need an extra boost from the sistern.
This is quite a personal and icky question, but should I have faith that Christ will remove PMS (I'm definitely thinking yes... I just need help...)? Is it just something the world made up to make women feel better about their sin? I know that He CAN do anything, but we all know that some things He just doesn't take away.... See, I get depressed at that time and several ills result. I start thinking about suicide and how poorly I behave before God. I can barely get any initiative and I'm definitely unable to focus.
Maybe I need to pray more? X_x
Have any of you overcame PMS?

Hi

As has been said, it's nothing to do with what you see as a lack of personal holiness. Jesus has enough holiness to spare, you don't need your own personal supply that you pump out of your own well, (Been there, done that)! Christ in you is holy, that's all the holiness you need. Don't let the Enemy bring you into condemnation at these times of emotional weakness.

I didn't have too much trouble with PMT and no real pain, but used to get get a bit miserable and "whiney", and also had migraine attacks which, until the menopause, got worse as I got older.

I know that in my case migraine [i]is[/i] due to spiritual attack, (thorn in the flesh?) even though there are also physical triggers, such as hormone changes, stress, lack of sleep or too much sleep, not eating when I feel hungry etc. These days, if a migraine threatens I immediately think there must be a spiritual battle going on, and start praying!

Thankfully these attacks have decreased a lot in recent years, and with the help of medication if necessary aren't too troublesome. Now I get hot flushes instead! A nuisance, but at least they don't make me feel ill.

I believe that PMT is mostly - maybe entirely - a physical problem. All illnesses or imbalances in our bodies are due ultimately (as I think Moe said) to the "after effects" of the Fall. Our bodies and souls (and even our spirits until the Lord comes into our lives) are out of kilter as a result, and there will be these things.

The Lord has also provided the skills and enabled men to prepare medications to help these disorders. If it's troubling you that much I think you should consult the doctor. Remembering that it is [i]the Lord[/i] who heals, but He's also provided such help through others.

...An example I read in a magazine demonstrates that PMT [i]is[/i] a physical disorder.

A woman wrote that her husband, normally a very even-tempered calm sort of man - came home from work one day saying he didn't know what was wrong with him. All day he'd been miserable and snappisn and altogether out of sorts for no obvious reason.

Later he discovered that his wife must have lost one of her HRT patches in the shower and it had somehow got stuck onto [i]him[/i]! :lol:

Blessings

jeannette

2007/8/16 13:45

Re:

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings dear sister

You are not alone in this struggle. Yes I have had some similar struggles and yes Jesus has given me much grace and strength in this area. I have in the past struggled with sinful depression but also anger, intense anger during that time of the month. While I do believe there are hormones in the chemical make up of a woman that can contribute to these emotional mood swings I do also believe that the world and self have used this knowledge to justify sinful behavior. I know that I used the excuse for years to treat my husband terribly and to blow up in anger all the while telling myself that it wasn't my fault. For me I was able to overcome the temptation of giving into the sin of anger during those times by keeping my focus on Jesus. The more I began to see my anger as sin and understand how Father views it the more convicted I felt. Keeping my heart centered on Jesus and striving to live my life for Him was the one thing that has really helped me. I know that I have control over my behavior no matter what the situation, I can choose to give into self or live unto the Lord in all situations so for me it has become a choice each month. Now when I feel that way, I take it to the Lord at once, I do not give it any room in my heart and Jesus has given me victory over it. I still have some physical side effects that can be debilitating and painful but with a little bit of Advil and a lot of prayer each month that too passes. If you would like to talk about this more please feel free to email me or pm. Please know that I will be praying for you

God Bless you
MaryJane

Amen Sister. That is the other side of the coin from what I just posted. PMT etc is physical but that doesn't mean there's never any need for repentance as well.

Just don't get into condemnation over things, that's all. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin - clear, incisive; and the bad feeling vanishes, and peace comes, the instant we repent.

Satan on the other hand condemns and plunges us into guilt and depression, and seeks to drive us away from God because of fear.

It's essential to know the difference. If your not sure ask the Lord to make it plain.

As it says in James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

In Jesus

Jeannette

2007/8/16 13:54

Re:

HopePurifies said

Quote:
The verse "my grace is sufficient" did come up in my thinking. I wanted to make sure that He was actually saying that to me because unlike Paul, I'm not hardly pious enough to merit an audible voice from my Lord. Maybe one day! (note: not that I'm obsessed with experiences... it'd just be encouraging hehe)

Sister, I hope you realize Who talked to you when you heard the scripture "my grace is sufficient" in your thoughts during your recent ordeal.

The Spirit responded to your calamity with Scripture just as He responded to Satan with scripture during his desert fast.

You didn't know?

2007/8/16 18:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy