SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Lutherans to allow pastors in gay relationships

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Lutherans to allow pastors in gay relationships

[b]Lutherans to allow pastors in gay relationships[/b]

CHICAGO - Clergy members who are in homosexual relationships will be able to serve as pastors, the largest U.S. Lutheran body said Saturday.

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America passed a resolution at its annual assembly urging bishops to refrain from disciplining pastors who are in “faithful committed same-gender relationships.”

The resolution passed by a vote of 538-431.
“The Church ... has just said, ‘Do not do punishments,’” said Phil Soucy, spokesman for Lutherans Concerned, a gay-lesbian rights group within the church. “That is huge.”

read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227563/

2007/8/14 0:19Profile

Re: Lutherans to allow pastors in gay relationships

I guess men can allow this, but does God allow this. Rom 1:23-28

2007/8/14 10:06

Re:

The Spirit of God left the Lutheran Church a long time ago. I'm sure there are still some true believers in the Lutheran Church, but scripture tells us that God is calling them to come out and be seperate. To do otherwise is disobedience.

Krispy

2007/8/14 10:12
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Lutherans to allow pastors in gay relationships

False shepherds... leading flocks straight into the maw of hell.

I'm not so sad about the Pastors, but I want to weep for the shame that this brings upon the name of our God. Let's be jealous about the glory of God, that his name wouldn't be slandered and dragged through the mud.

Let's pray for all those that will be decieved by these wicked false shepherds.

2007/8/14 11:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
False shepherds... leading flocks straight into the maw of hell.

True... however, the sheep have the Word of God available to them. They bear responsibility for their own destruction.

Krispy

2007/8/14 11:10

Re:

Quote:
The Spirit of God left the Lutheran Church a long time ago. I'm sure there are still some true believers in the Lutheran Church, but scripture tells us that God is calling them to come out and be seperate. To do otherwise is disobedience.

Just as in other denominations, there are sects within the Lutheran Church. This one happens to be the Evangelical Lutheran Church. I would not paint with so broad a brush, there are other divisions within the Lutheran Church that still love His Word. (Missouri Synod, etc.)

2007/8/14 11:53

Re:

Fair enough... let me get a more narrow brush. :-)

But on a whole, I am correct about the Lutheran Church.

Krispy

2007/8/14 13:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy