SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Yonghi-Cho - Tabernacle Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

David Yonghi-Cho - Tabernacle Prayer

After a discuss with Greg, I'm presenting this model for prayer that benefits me immensely in my quest for a deeper knowledge of God. Below is a decription of Tabernacle Prayer. I have presented it for open discussion. Please feel free to express your opinions (whether positive or negative).

TABERNACLE PRAYER:
A knowledge of the Tabernacle as seen in Exodus Chapters 25; 26 and 27 is absolutely recommended for this prayer! Pastor Cho prays this "Tabernacle Prayer" every morning and "The Lord's Prayer" at night. - Worship God through your Body, which is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. (see 1.COR 6:19).

You worship firstly at The Bronze Altar = The Cross of Jesus Christ = The Precious Blood! This is deeply meaningful and emotional. You speak to God about The atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
Now you are at the "Laver"... God is to make me forgiving & loving. It is easy to forgive but harder to love! We are to be made meek & humble! Don't be very rough = be tender and meek! Deliver me from covetousness etc. This is where you pray to "be washed" by God's Word! = "The Laver" = French "to wash". I use the 10 commandments, or Finney's list, from "Revival Lectures"
Then you enter into "The Main Sanctuary"... Candles = Light of the Holy Spirit... have only the Light of God = Golden Candlestick... without the Holy Spirit there is no burning Light! = no anointing! Here the self-image in Christ needs to be built up - he who condemns himself and has no respect with revelation of whom he is in Christ, destroys himself and turns into an animal! God is our Power; our Knowledge - we are equipped through God for all things... no matter how we have missed out on things in this world or whatever our circumstances fleshly-seen - e.g. born poor; illegitimate; etc., etc. ... God is our image (2.COR 3:18) and the Holy Spirit helps in every way!
Then you come to The Table of Shewbread = This is The Word. I thank Jesus for His word.
Then you come to The Incense Altar = Praise God; Creator; Almighty God. Spend long here
Then you go into The Holy of Holies = Through Jesus = The Ark of the Covenant Here we fellowship with God, and make our supplication to Him

It is hard to pray less than 1 hour using this model. I am not saying that this is the only way to pray, but that it can be a usefull tool, to help us come to the place where we can "pray in the Spirit".

2004/5/5 9:08Profile
moreofHim

Re: David Yonghi-Cho - Tabernacle Prayer

Hi Aaron,

I am only giving my personal opinion and what I believe about prayer and "formulas" for prayer.

Jesus gave us the example of how to pray when the disciples asked Him how should we pray. The model was the Lord's prayer. If i stick to any one model of prayer- it is that one- even though I rarely say it word for word or in that order.

Those were the important things that He knew we needed to know about prayer.

I am very leary of formulas or set ways to pray that are supposed to bring forth a certain outcome. Example- the Prayer of Jabez.

I am also not so sure about Yonghi- Cho. But I am just me.

If you want to enter more into the Lord's presence and experience Him more- just follow His example- carry your cross daily and surrender all (and I mean all rights, dreams, wishes, wants, self rule, your will) to the Father. I guarantee more of the Lord in your life!!! :-)

Just my thoughts...

In Him, Chanin

2004/5/5 9:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: David Yonghi-Cho - Tabernacle Prayer

Once again I am in agreement with you Chanin.

Perhaps for some a outline is helpful to bring forth the discipline necessary to [i]begin[/i] if you are not used to prolonged periods of contemplative prayer, but it seems that the danger is that it would become ritual, form.

I don't like formulas either nor things that begin with "Step 1..." "5 ways to..." and this has been touched on in some older threads, but the reason is, [i]they don't work for everybody[/i]. We are individual people with individual personalities even though we belong to one Lord.
I am not talking about some kind of 'Lone Ranger' kind of Christianity but we are all on different parts hopefully of the same narrow path. There are things now that I am beginning to be able to grasp that last year I just looked at with stupendousness and the reverse is true as well. For instance, as it stands right now the whole 'predestination' issue seems to be a colossal waste of time and energy to me, trying to grasp something that some of the greatest minds have been divided over for how many years now. But 6 months from now I may come across it again and have a completely different understanding and see some validity in it's importance. Who knows?

So how does this all relate to the issue at hand?

Wish I could remember who said this it's logged in my thoughts, that "in a sense, we should not really know our bibles", meaning that we shouldn't come to it with our preconceived ideas and let it speak to us as if it was the very first time we ever read it (hmmm, maybe it was T.Austin Sparks) there may be some things we missed or need correction on, we may have to chuck everything we were holding dear if need be and why wouldn't we? It's happened before, I really thought God was going to make me rich in material things for a long time because of my ignorance and what I had been learning, I 'spoke' many things into existence and sowed my 'seed money' that were mere delusions (maybe they just haven't shown up yet).

I have consistently made a fool out of myself here at times and it's O.K. I just want to know the Lord as [i]He is[/i] not as I perceive Him to be. So if I need to be rebuked, challenged, encouraged, laughed at, scorned, what does it really matter? I want to learn, to grow and to be of some help to the Body for [i] Christ's sake[/i] because I love Him.

So it is with prayer and 'study',(it's not really study to me, it's a delight) this morning for example. Got up and said "Lord, what would [i]You[/i] have me to do? Prayer first? Your Word? Today it was prayer first. What did I pray? Praise God it's different every day, still struggling to just [i]shut up[/i] and listen. I asked the Lord to just speak to my spirit, "Lord what is on [i]Your[/i] heart? I am not going to divulge what I believe the Lord was telling me, but part of it may be this, all this rambling; Maybe I could sum it up this way, "Go and do likewise" Share your heart with the Lord, but more importantly ask the Lord to share [i]His[/i] heart with you...Uh oh, starting to sound like a formula....

Praise, thanksgiving, gratitude, intercession, worship, so much just wells up and spills forth in adoration. Stranger still, there has been times where I can remember that it seemed like only a few minutes had gone past in prayer when it was really hours. This morning it was the opposite, which was a joy, it had seemed like I had been just caught up in fellowship with the Lord for so long and I thought I hate to leave this intimate time Lord, but I better get going, and I found it had been maybe an hour. Praise God, I can read some scripture and then go blab on the site :-)

So there's my 'formula', I don't have one. But if the Lord want's me to follow one...would I say no?

Quote:
If you want to enter more into the Lord's presence and experience Him more- just follow His example- carry your cross daily and surrender all (and I mean all rights, dreams, wishes, wants, self rule, your will) to the Father. I guarantee more of the Lord in your life!!!

And I will back up that guarantee! Lord, take it all, change it all, let us come with our hands and our hearts open to You to take out or put in whatsoever You choose.

Quote:
I am also not so sure about Yonghi- Cho. But I am just me.

Well, you are not totally alone there. I had seen him preach at my old church (of the WOF/Prosperity kind) a couple of times, I don't recall exactly, but I know there is some warrant for being careful with him. The church was very fond of him and there was some teachings that were...something to do with this "fourth dimension"...could always do some back tracking if need be.

I want to add a couple of things though that shouldn't be overlooked;

Aaron said:
Quote:
...that benefits me immensely in my quest for a deeper knowledge of God.

Praise God brother, I do hope that what we have said is in love and only reflects what you said here:
Quote:
I have presented it for open discussion. Please feel free to express your opinions (whether positive or negative).

There is really nothing inherently wrong with it in itself.

Quote:
I am not saying that this is the only way to pray, but that it can be a usefull tool, to help us come to the place where we can "pray in the Spirit".

Certainly, I do hope that we all may come to that place where we "pray in the spirit" as naturally as breathing.

[i]"Eph 6:18 Praying [b]always[/b] with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"[/i]

Well there you have it, spilled my gut's all over the place, pardon the mess....

2004/5/5 11:45Profile
moreofHim

Re: Yonghi-cho/prayer

Mike,

Very good points - even if you call it rambling. :-)

Quote:
Praise God it's different every day, still struggling to just shut up and listen.

I laughed when i saw this. Even when I go to prayer and tell myself- "I am just going to listen/be quiet"- I catch myself rambling on about things/anything. I have to keep saying "shut-up" to myself. :-D

The quieting of the spirit- sometimes takes some practise and a few minutes of struggling with myself.

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/5/5 11:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Tabernacle Prayer

Thanks for your comments, Chanin and Mike. Mike, sorry to say, you don't know the meaning of the word 'rambling'. (You've read my testimony :-))
I'd like to thank you because, God has been challenging me along these lines (formular="no no"), over the past few days. It's like, this was a good tool in the begining, but anything can become a mere "Rote" before too long. I put it down to, this served its purpose, now move on. Tozer made an interesting comment, that if you recorded the praying of any preacher, himself included, over the a six week period, you'd find repetion, in spite of our claiming to not need a prayer book to pray. I think consistancy will enevitably breed repetition. The question is, do we change just for the sake of changing.
Interestingly, I posted this article under Revival Prayer, without mentioning Yonghi-Cho, and got no response. (Mmmmmmm...)

2004/5/5 12:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

"Be [i][b]still[/b][/i] and know..."

It is a process, especially for such a spaz as myself...probably why I tend to write such rambling discourses. Trying to get this runaway mind to slow down and shut up, need some kind of 'brain muzzle'. 'Silence in there! You can't all talk at the same time' :-)

It is getting better though, little by little...

2004/5/5 12:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Aaron,

Missed this reply earlier, think I must have pulled a 'post and run'...

Thanks about the 'rambling', it's good to know your not alone. :-)

Quote:
Tozer made an interesting comment, that if you recorded the praying of any preacher, himself included, over the a six week period, you'd find repetion, in spite of our claiming to not need a prayer book to pray. I think consistancy will enevitably breed repetition. The question is, do we change just for the sake of changing.

Good thought's, it's true, I can instantly think of a number of repetitions, not of the 'vain' sort (I hope)..."I don't know, I just don't know Lord"
Quote:
The question is, do we change just for the sake of changing.

As the Lord leads (?!)
Quote:
Interestingly, I posted this article under Revival Prayer, without mentioning Yonghi-Cho, and got no response. (Mmmmmmm...)

Thought I remember seeing this before, sometimes post's just drop off and get 'lost in the shuffle', but that did get my attention the second time around after I noticed Chanin's comments. I don't think that colored my thoughts any differently though, what I know of his 'theology' is vauge at best, it was a number of years ago now.

Thanks Brother

2004/5/6 0:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy