Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : you remind me of those dogs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

you remind me of those dogs

AN INFIDEL REBUKED
There was an infidel blacksmith who was always carping at professors of religion, especially when he could get a Christian to talk to, or knew there was one near enough to overhear him. Some choice morsel of scandal was sure to be served up about an erring minister, or a sinful deacon, or a Sabbath School superintendent who had fallen from grace. One day he was dilating with uncommon relish on his favorite theme to a venerable elder, who stopped to have his horse shod. The old man bore it quietly for awhile, and then he said:

Did you ever hear the story of the rich man and Lazarus?"

"Yes, of course I have."

"Remember about the dogs -- at the gate there -- how they licked Lazarus' sores?"

"Yes; why?"

"Well, you remind me of those dogs -- always licking the sores. All you notice in Christians is their faults."

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=6436]Soul saving by George Kulp[/url]

2007/8/10 8:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: you remind me of those dogs

As it is, Christians do have faults, sins are a different matter, and the world does gloat when Christians fall into sin.

However, the word of God tells us in 2 Cor 7v6, 'Nevertheless God who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus'.

God sees, and He sees when we repent.

Thank God for repentance.

God bless.

2007/8/10 10:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy