SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Matthew 24 Watch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Of course, if you take a strongly Calvinistic view, it doesn’t make any difference to our personal salvation if we are watchful or not. But is THAT a reason for disobeying the Lord and neglecting to watch?

Jeannette, Are you suggesting the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant is Calvinistic? How silly.

I'm not a Calvinist, and I don't know any Born Again Jews who are, personally. I do know Salvation IS OF the Jews, as Jesus clearly said. Calvin wasn't a Jew and was anti-semitic along with Luther. ( I'm leary of any religion who names it after a person anyway)

To also suggest The Covenant sealed in the Blood of Jesus NEGATES suffering and Tribulation is also not found in Scripture...( maybe in Calvinism...but like I say, I am NOT a Calvinist.

This Everlasting Covenant sealed in the Blood of Jesus Christ is to WHOSOEVER WILL.

Not Only ***DO WE SUFFER***, as we are called to suffering..." THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS"
Please read Philippians 3 very closely,
(and also get in your minds it's not the sufferings of this world, but the fellowship of HIS sufferings...(but only those who are IN CHRIST and belong to Him can partake of THIS suffering, and understand the difference)

But also consider the following scripture to the CHURCH of SAINTS who are WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB,

Colossians 1:12-14
12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2 Corinthians 7:4
Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

Ephesians 3:13
Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2 Thessalonians 1:4
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ

You are teaching we endure IN THE WORLD"

Those who are redeemed and washed in the Blood of the Lamb, who are partakers of Jesus Christ hear Jesus Words...

Jesus Teaches, we In Christ have OVERCOME the World.

Consider Paul's warning very closely:

Philippians 3:18-21
For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ,
who's end IS distruction, who's God is their appetite, who's glory is in their shame, WHO MIND EARTHLY THINGS.

FOR OUR CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN, FROM WHICH WE LOOK FOR THE SAVIOR, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,

WHO SHALL CHANGE OUR LOWLY BODIES, THAT IT MAY BE FASHIONED LIKE HIS GLORIOUS BODY, ACCORDING TO THE WORKING BY WHICH HE IS ABLE EVEN TO SUBDUE ALL THINGS UNTO HIMSELF.

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-did

Discern your sufferings!!!!! It could mean the difference between LIFE or death.
Anyway, we are not saved by suffering. We're saved by the finished work JESUS ALONE did at Calvary. The Christian suffering is our sanctification.

Yours however sound more like survival and hopes you will be saved if you endure. What if you should die before your put to task? Did you miss out on proving you could endure it all and save yourselves?

He who is IN YOU is stronger then he who is in the world. Those who are Christ have overcome the world. WE are MORE than Conquers( Overcomers)!!! Romans 8

Oh and PS,
To the Christian who is Washed in the Blood, and have have the Promises of the New Covenant AKA New Testament...The CHRISTIAN warefare is NOT against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities and rulers in dark places. This is OUR personal battlefield, as we overcome.

2007/9/8 6:17

Re:

Jeannette and Others
Part 2

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath TRANSLATED us into the kingdom of his dear Son: AS WE SPEAK!!!!
Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was TRANSLATED that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had TRANSLATED him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

It would appear the Saint has already been TRANSLATED, AKA Raptured, and is only waiting for the redemption of our bodies.

Paul said, I am crucified to the world, and the world is crucified to me.

We are dead to the things of this world, another reason Paul instructs the Saints:

Colossians 3
1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

With Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did ;-)

PS: Added/Edited for Content:

PS: It’s also very important to discern your KINGDOMS.

Acts 1:5-7

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
[b][color=CC0000]6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again THE KINGDOM TO ISRAEL? [/color][/b]

[b]*****Referring to Matthew 24,[/b]

OF which WAS NOT restored in 70AD. To say such a thing would be to suggest Jesus was suffering from Schizophrenia, (Schizophrenics will begin telling you about the weather and end the sentence with the ingredients on how to bake a cake) or your concern for Matthew 24 would be no concern to us now at all, thus being fulfilled in 70AD. The 1000 years would be over, satan in the lake of fire, and we would be now in the New Heaven and New Earth.

7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

2007/9/8 7:19

Re:

And just wanted to say this is an EXCELLENT Article:

The Laodicean American Church in Bed with another Lover
The Deceit of Unholy Alliances; an African Perspective
By Kato Mivule
http://www.cephas-library.com/church_n_state/church_n_state_us_loadicean_church_in_bed_with_another_lover.html

Dominion Theology believes you have to endure to the end to be saved.

True Christianity believes those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are saved.

Romans 10:9&10

Kato Mivule is saying exactly what I am saying...the PROSPERITY teachers are the Kingdom NOW/ Dominion/ Replacement Theology Teachers, who believe Matthew 24 is speaking to the CHURCH.

The Church is a New Creation, neither Jew or Gentile, but a New Creation. Ephesians explains that the CHURCH has a HIGHER Calling, and it was Paul's heart desire that "we" the Church understand and know THE HOPE OF OUR CALLING.

And that is to Preach the Gospel of Salvation before these things come to pass, of which they will.

We do more then *watch and pray* or sit and watch Fox News and think we are being sanctified just by the wonder of it all.

How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Gospel of Peace ( with God) and bring Glad tidings of Good things...

Well, Matthew 24 sure isn't glad tidings of good things is it. But the message of Salvation IS to give hope to those going through tribulation.

Salvation is not a message of I hope so's!

Jesus Christ IS OUR HOPE, PERIOD, no matter what we go through or may go through!

So, NO, I didn't miss the point at all!

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-did

2007/9/8 17:22

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Yes brother Moe, HE DOES REIGN. :-D
Thank you!

Thank you BrokenOne for noticing our concern.
Praying she's a Happy Granny.
Also praying she'll be back to tell us if it's a girl or a boy and all about her new proud and joy.
God Bless you and Moe and LittleGift and brokenvessel.

Yes, thankyou for that news. There are many precious, QUIET brothers and sisters (unlike some of us :-)) who tend to be overlooked.

jeannette

2007/9/8 17:59

Re: to Katy

Dear Katy

I had wondered about sending you a pm, but think this is best said in the open.

I am not going to attempt a response to your last two posts, because of your confrontational and aggressive manner.

It seems as if you are deliberately trying to start a quarrel.

Is that really your aim - to divide, stir up bad feeling and destroy any hope of reasonable discussion?

I'm not angry - maybe you actually don't mean any harm - but harm is being caused (not to me, or in this thread only) and I'm concerned; not only for you, but lest any "little ones" on SI are caused to stumble.

The Lord is able to deal with all our prickles and wrong reactions, and the underlying reasons (and maybe deep wounds) that only He knows.

He loves each one of us, including you and me.

Yours in that love

Jeannette

2007/9/8 18:31

Re:

My Dear Jeannette,

If we want to look back at the posts, I believe it was YOU who made a rude comment to my post concerning the GOSPEL of Salvation. Funny how things get twisted around.

You didn't need to say anything at all to me, but you post was rude and confrontational.

To call someone a *Calvinist*, and the way YOU put it was a derogatory comment , because of our eternal security preached by none other than Jesus Christ Himself. If you don't believe in your eternal security, then I'm really sorry.

Quote:
I am not going to attempt a response to your last two posts, because of your confrontational and aggressive manner

I'm sorry but the Truth is confrontational. But I don't believe that is not why you don't want to respond.

I asked you several months ago on another post if You believed in the Millennial Kingdom Reign, Jesus returning to take the throne of David, and the Church called to Reign and Rule with Christ during this time.

You refused to answer then and said it was too complicated to explain, and that you would PM me to explain what it really meant.

I didn't ask for an explanation...simply a Yes or NO. It's a very simple question.. Yes or No.

You can tell those who believe in Dominion/Replacement Theology by their answer.

If in fact you don't believe in the Kingdom Reign, and that the Kingdom will be restored to Israel, Acts 1:6&7, and also the fulfilling of the Prophecy of Isaiah 14, that has yet to come to pass, then you in fact believe God is restoring this lost and dying world to the Church...Replacement Theology/ AKA: anti Semitism.

SO, the next time I place the GOSPEL online, The preaching of the Cross, the Blood of Jesus, and the Covenant Promises , maybe you will be polite enough not to be rude and confrontational.

Quote:
Is that really your aim - to divide, stir up bad feeling and destroy any hope of reasonable discussion?

Actually Jeannette, I thought YOU were the one doing that....destroying the HOPE of a reasonable Gospel!!!!

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/9/8 21:32

Re:

Katy, why are you so angry?

Do you want to get this thread locked?

Jeannette

2007/9/9 5:03

Re:

Jeannette, I am not angry at all. But I'm confused as to why you keep wanting to keep baiting me, and trying to bring this into something personal?

Please STOP doing that!

I've presented scripture here to the Church and our calling. Also showing Matthew 24 is not to the CHURCH, but Prophecy concerning the end times, Daniel's 70th week, leading up to the return of Jesus Christ as KING who will take the Throne of David.

Do you know Jeannette, the Two witnesses is a call of salvation before this horrible wrath takes place. I pointed out in Revelations, those IN CHRIST, IN THE ARK, are secure as you can see, will not be tramples by the Gentile world power that is going to come crashing down....Mystery Babylon and all that is in that.

I'm not angry at all Jeannette, only concerned that we preach the Gospel of Salvation, before these events take place.

As you see in Matthew 24, it will be a terrible time. We can do more then watch and pray...as that was instructed to the Jews going through this time. This is not a message to the CHURCH, the Body of Christ. I showed the differences in the two messages.

So, Lets stick with scripture, as I have, and leave any personal comments, RE:(Calvinism) etc, out of it. That way, the thread won't get closed down.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

PS Edited for Content

1 Thessalonians 5
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness

Keep in mind here YE, WE, .....THEY, THEM!!!

2007/9/9 5:41

Re:

Matthew 24 actually begins in Matthew 23. God doesn’t write in Chapters, that is man’s doing, put together in proper context, seeing the SAME scripture in both 23 and 24, This Generation.

Well, we know this did not happen in 70AD. No recorded history of any of these events happening in 70 AD.

Matthew 23: 36

Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Matthew 24: 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

What things ?

Matthew 24 a continuation of Matthew 23

1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

But again, Paul Comforts the CHURCH with these words:
1 Thessalonians 5
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness

Keep in mind here YE, WE, .....THEY, THEM!!!

With Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did

2007/9/9 7:08

Re: The Matthew 24 Watch

[b][u]Watch! For The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold[/u][/b]

[b]Matthew 24:11-13[/b]
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

[b]Watch and be not taken by the love of this world…[/b]
As we approach the Tribulation Period, many Christians are being led astray by focusing on the perishable things of this world and as such they are chocking their love for Christ Jesus. We sadly have many Christians setting their affections not on Christ Jesus but the material things of this world.

Jesus Christ gave us a very clear warning that in the last days, the love of many would grow cold. This warning is very imperative that we all watch and take heed that we don’t become part of those who fulfill this scripture. Regardless of who you are spiritually, the Devil is all out attacking Christians, right at the cravings of their hearts.

The Devil is simply giving Christians a fake love, a love for this world and as such killing the love of Christ in the believers. We are to take heed because those who loose their love for Christ and those whose love for Christ grows cold in these last days are not destined for good but have their reward with Satan in Hell.

So, in this article we take a look at how one comes to loose their Love for Christ or how their love for Christ grows cold. Also, what type of love does the Bible speak about, is it Man’s love or Christ’s Love? The Bible is very clear and shows this to us.

We are therefore to be aware of the traps that Satan would set in order to cause us to loose our love for Jesus Christ.

[b]The Rise of False Prophets…[/b]
Matthew 24:11-13
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
We see that there was a rise of False Prophets…
They shall deceive many…
Iniquity shall abound…
…As a result the love of many shall wax cold…

The rise of false teachers and prophets has been and is a catalyst to the coldness among many Christians today. Simply feeding at the feet of false teachers will certainly bring about coldness to the love of Christ Jesus in many Christians.

So, this is a warning that we awake and use scripture to discern what is right from what is wrong so that our faith and spiritual eyes will stay focused on Jesus Christ and not man. Those who continue to feed at the feet of false teachers and prophets risk having their love for Christ grow cold.

The Bible clearly speaks of a time when the love of many will grow cold. This coldness is in context with the rise of false prophets who come to deceive many. Always deception will be accompanied by a coldness and lukewarmness of a Christian. Truth in Christ Jesus will always set us free from satanic bondage and set us on fire for God.

So, it is imperative that Christians today take discernment based on God’s Word very seriously as not doing so will certainly cause one to feed on leavened bread and adulterated word which in turn will cause you to set your spiritual affection after things of this world – idols of this day and age.

[b]Deception in the last days…[/b]
Deception will not come upfront as ‘deception’ but rather a cover-up. Many times deception comes with half truth and half lies. The devil will use the half truth as a packaging mechanism to sell his lies to the church. However, we are to reject all false doctrines and expose them as false, having nothing to do with them.

The deception in this day and age is to sell sin, lies, and evil as being ‘okay’ and normal, not just in the world but in the Church too. Remember, it takes little poison in food or a drink to kill you, having a preacher teach 70 per cent truth and 30 percent lies will kill you spiritually. The 30 per cent poison is enough to put you to sleep as they say…in other words to kill you…

[b]Iniquity shall abound…[/b]
The Bible identifies the period of time in which iniquity shall abound thus the love of many growing cold. We live in a time when evil abounds… The Lord Jesus Christ was referring to the end time saints and giving us a warning that when we see the rise of false prophets and the abounding of iniquity, then we are to take heed that we don’t get caught up in false doctrines from false prophets and thus participation in the abounding iniquity, leading to a coldness of heart and lack of love for Christ but instead an increase in the love of the world.

[b]If You Love Me, Keep My Commandments…[/b]
However, knowing Truth alone is not enough, we must act on that Truth we know; we must be doers of God’s Holy Word.

[b]John 14:15-18[/b]
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

The Lord Jesus Christ says that if we love Him we should keep His commandments. So, it is very important to know that loving Jesus Christ in Truth involves us keeping His commandments. It is in this context that The Lord says that “and I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another Comforter that He may abide with you forever…”

The Lord will pray to the Father that we get the comfort of the Holy Spirit but in context of keeping His Word and that means keeping His Doctrine. The Love of many is growing cold today simply because they keep not the Commandments of The Lord. They abide not in the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. Therefore they abide in the false doctrines of false prophets and false teachers filled with the love of this world.

[b]Loving Jesus Christ means obeying Him…[/b]
John 14:21-24
(21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
(22) Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
(23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
(24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Brethren, The Lord Jesus Christ is very clear that if we truly love Him, then we shall keep His sayings, we shall keep His Word, and we shall keep His commandments. You cannot separate your love for Christ from obeying and Keeping His commandments.

Don’t be deceived by Christians who claim that they Love The Lord yet don’t keep His sayings… Brethren, such Christians don’t love The Lord enough to keep His sayings. They simply like The Lord but Don’t Love Him! As a matter of fact The Lord Jesus Christ says that those who keep not His Commandments are NOT His! Brethren, if we truly belong to The Lord Jesus Christ, then lets keep His sayings and Doctrine.

I have of recent been visiting some Pastors and Churches here in Uganda and found out that most Christians are not up to keeping The Lord’s Commands. They pick and choose what they want to believe in and reject all sayings of Jesus Christ that call to carry our cross and follow Him. Many Christians simply want messages that will have them get material prosperity in the world. Brethren, this is clear deception and one which is currently causing the love of many to wax cold.

[b]The Rich Young Ruler and His love for the world…[/b]
Luke 18:18-25
(18) And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(19) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
(20) Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
(21) And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
(22) Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
(23) And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
(24) And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(25) For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

From the above scripture we see that this Young Rich Ruler loved his riches more than he loved The Lord. Though he obeyed some of The Lord’s Commandments, he became very sorrowful when it came to forsaking the love of this world and love for riches in this world. Many Christians today are likened to the Young Rich Ruler who loved his wealth more than The Lord.

Love for the world and the things of the world are the greatest cause of love growing cold among Christians today. Many false Church doctrines are engineered toward making Christians conform to this world and love the things of this world.

The Prosperity Doctrine, Dominionism Doctrine, Doctrine of Balaam, Jezebel Doctrine, are set up to conform Christians to the Love of this world. As Christians living in these last days, we must watch out for this. If your love for Christ is growing cold, then certainly there must be an increase for the love of the things in this world and disobeying The Lord’s Commands.

[b]The Greatest Commandment...[/b]
Matthew 22:35-40
(35) Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
(36) Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
(37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(38) This is the first and great commandment.
(39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Greatest commandment that Jesus Christ spoke about in this verse above talks about our Total Love for Jesus Christ and then love for our neighbor. It is interesting to note that we don’t love our neighbor with our own fleshy love that is so limited and selfish.

However, when we love The Lord with all our total love then being filled with The Love of Christ we can truly love our neighbor. The Love spoken about here involves our obedience to Christ and our keeping of His Commandments, for those who love Jesus Christ keep His sayings and obey His commandments.

This is the Love that the Devil hates and wants to destroy in our lives by enticing us with the Love of this world. Brethren, we are to watch against this and make sure that we are not being enticed from obeying The Lord’s Commands.

[b]You Abide in His Love If You Keep His Commands…[/b]
John 15:9-10
(9) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
(10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus Christ is clearer here when He says that if we keep His commandments, we abide in His love. Brethren, don’t believe in those who lie and deceive that Once Saved You are Always Saved regardless of how you live. If you really love Jesus Christ then you are going to keep His sayings and obey His commandments.

Many today are ashamed of the Words of Jesus Christ, they are ashamed of the cross, they are ashamed of words of Christ that call for death to self and enduring shame and suffering for His Name.

I know Pastors and Church leaders who don’t want to hear anything message they deem ‘negative’… They don’t want to hear any message that speaks about suffering for Christ…all they want is messages that speak about getting rich, church growth and having dominion over this world.

Brethren, this we are to watch out for, the devil will use the love of this world and the things of this world to kill the love and obedience for Christ in the undiscerning believer.

[b]Be Grounded in The Love Of Christ Jesus, in His Doctrine…[/b]
Ephesians 3:17-19
(17) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
(18) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
(19) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

We are to be grounded in The Love of Christ, with Christ dwelling in our hearts fully, that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. The love of Jesus Christ involves our keeping of His sayings, sayings being His teachings and Doctrine, and also obeying His sayings and Teachings. This love of Christ that fills our hearts then overflows in obedience to Christ to love our neighbors as we do ourselves…

2 Timothy 1:13
(13) Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

We are to hold fast to the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ, the sound Doctrine of Jesus Christ, this is what will keep our hearts from growing cold.

[b][u]Love towards Jesus Christ and All Saints…[/u][/b]
Philemon 1:5
(5) Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;

We see here again a similar pattern in which Paul speaks about the love and faith first towards our Lord Jesus Christ and to all saints, or for that matter to our neighbor. So, the more we relate deeper to Jesus Christ and get grounded in Him, in His word, then certainly we shall love the brethren and our neighbor…

This love for Jesus Christ involves fully obeying His commandments, and this is what will keep us from growing cold.

On a side note, some Christians claim that they are on fire for God because they shout and scream a lot in prayer meetings and when preaching. Yes, one could be totally charismatic in their preaching but their love for Christ Jesus is all dead cold.

Simply being a ‘preaching machine’ or an eloquent preacher does not mean one is on fire for God. For most part, it is the opposite; such folks tend to be cold hearted towards the commandments of Jesus Christ and love for the saints, only seeking accolades and vain glories from man.

[b]Love for the world is enmity with God…[/b]
James 4:4-6
(4) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
(5) Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
(6) But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

James warns us against love for the world. This is total enmity with God. So, if one does not love Christ Jesus, then they certainly are in love with the world and the things of this world. The devil will try as much as possible to entice undiscerning Christians into this kind of love…the love for the world, which is friendship with the world.

Brethren, this is what we are to watch out for, in our jobs, homes, children, friends, etc there is always a pull towards loving the world and being a friend of the world, so we don’t offend them. Brethren, flee from such worldly love, this type of love is worldly and deadly, only causing you to grow cold hearted towards The Lord.

[b]God’s Love in us perfected when we keep His Commands…[/b]
1 John 2:3-6
(3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
(6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

We are warned and exhorted again that if we say that we know Jesus Christ and don’t keep His commandments, then we are liars and truth is not in us. However, if we keep His word then is the Love of God perfected in us…

Brethren, if you have read this article this far, you are sure now that our love for Christ Jesus requires us to obey His commandments and also keep His sayings…and this is what will keep us unstained from the world and on fire for Jesus Christ.

[b]Love not the world, neither the things of the world…[/b]
1 John 2:15-17
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

We are not to love the world, neither the things in the world, the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life are not of the Father. Such love is sensual and leads to hell. Such worldly love is what has captured the hearts of many Christians today making their love for Christ grow cold and finally leading to apostasy.

We are to watch against this worldly love daily and examine ourselves daily according to God’s word to see if we are still in the faith…the True Love of Christ.

[b]The Holy Spirit Abides with those Who Keep His Commands…[/b]
1 John 3:23-24
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

When we keep His commands and doctrines, no matter how hard they seem to be or sound, then we dwell in Him and as such know that His Spirit abides in us. I have heard of preachers claiming that they live in a “Holy Spirit Generation” but they are very disobedient to the commands of The Lord. They forget that The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth and will abide with those who obey and keep the commandments of Jesus Christ.

[b]This is love that we walk after His commandments…[/b]
2 John 1:3-6
(3) Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
(4) I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

It pleases The Lord that we walk in Truth and Love, certainly John is speaking about The Love of Christ here that leads us in obedience to His commands and keeping His sayings or doctrines. This is love that we walk after His commandments. The love of the world will always lead us to walk against the commands of Jesus Christ…as such causing our love of Jesus Christ to grow cold…

[b]Many Deceivers have entered the world, they love not Christ…[/b]
2 John 1:7-11
(7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(8) Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
(9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
(10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

John finally warns the saints that deceivers have already entered this world and confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh…they reject the authority of Jesus Christ in the life of the believer today.

They reject the notion that Christ Jesus abides in us if we abide in Him and obey His commandments. These lairs abide not in the doctrine of Christ and therefore they have not the Love of Christ in them because Christ abides not in them… Their hearts have grown cold towards The Lord and are filled with love of this world.

We are to stay away from such. Many Pastors and Christians today abide not in the Doctrine of Christ and as such have become enemies of Christ Jesus. Brethren, we ought not to walk along their path that leads to destruction…

[b]Thou Has Left thy First Love…Repent!!![/b]
Revelation 2:4-5
(4) Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
(5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Finally Brethren, many claim to be part of the Remnant Church and movement, they properly discern false brethren, and false prophets, yet, they have lost their first love for Christ Jesus. Brethren, we are to examine ourselves daily with God’s Holy Word to see if we still stand in the faith.

Many claim to be true Christians but are slowly loosing their first love for Jesus Christ. The world is slowly eating at their souls. They are being taken by the love of the world, lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life. Brethren, this is what is causing many to have their love grow cold.

[b]~~~~~~~~~~~[/b]

The Church at Ephesus was had lost their first love yet continued to do the works of The Lord, they continued in discernment and other good ministry deeds yet they were getting cold hearted.

How can it be that one serves The Lord yet they are cold hearted? Yes, brethren, it can happen, that is why many will come to The Lord and say, Lord we cast out devils in your name, we did miracles in your name, yet The Lord will tell them to get out of His presence and that He never knew them because they were workers of iniquity.

Brethren, this sounds harsh and terrifying and yes, it should. We are to work out our salvation with both fear and trembling before The Lord.

So, simply calling yourself a remnant Christian and with a good discernment ministry will not be of help eternally to you if you loose your first love and cease obeying the commandments of The Lord and keeping His Doctrine and sayings. Brethren, lets watch that we loose not our first love for Jesus Christ [and one another].

In Christ Jesus
Kato Mivule
June 3, 2007
http://www.yesumulungi.com/index.htm

2007/9/9 7:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy