SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To anyone out there

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
janiesmiles

To anyone out there

To anyone out there...

I'm 16 years old and I am pregnant. My boyfriend is 16 too. We both know who Jesus is but neither of us have a real relationship with Him. I mean he went to church with his parents, they are kind of strict so he keeps a lot of secrets from them. I don't go to church, my parents are not very involved in my life any more, they both work. I was pretty much raised a Catholic when I was a kid. My friends at school are all telling me I should just get an abortion and I am thinking about doing it. Two of my friends have already had them and it doesn't seem like such a big deal. I mean my boyfriend wants me too, he is afraid of his parents finding out. The thing is I kind of feel guilty, see their was this nurse who talked to me when I first found out I was pregnant. I asked her about abortion , my dad wanted me to. She was really nice, she told me it was my decision but that I should really think about it. She said that a number of years ago she had an abortion, like me she was young when it happened and that she just could not face having a baby on her own. She said that later on after she got married she became pregnant with her second baby, she said that it was both the happiest and most heartbreaking experience in her whole life. Every time she felt the life within her growing, moving, hiccuping, it reminded her of the child she aborted. She said after her baby was born she kept wondering about her first baby, was it a boy or girl, did she have dark hair, were his eyes blue???? So many questions that she would never know the answers too. She said as time past she was able to come to terms with the guilt but that every year at the time her baby would have been born, she would cry and think about the tiny little life that she had destroyed. It was kind of hard to listen to her talk about it like that, and I couldn't stop thinking about what she had said. Its so confusing though cause most everyone else is telling me that it is just a fetus, a mass of tissue, not really a baby at all and that I need to think about what is best for me. I mean I am only 16, I haven't even finished school. I am really confused and already almost 2 and half months pregnant. This morning I woke up so sick to my stomach. I couldn't stop throwing up, it was the worst. I guess it must be morning sickness or something. Been thinking about God and stuff, not really sure still what to do. Is it just a blob of tissue inside me??????? I just wish I wasn't going through this.

Hi...its me again. Its been a ruff couple of weeks since I started this letter.....Things have changed for me. When I started writing this I was all set to get an abortion, my boyfriend had the money and I even had an appointment set up, my best friend was going to go with me. Any way two days before I was suppose to go something happened, I had this dream. It was about a little girl and she looked just like my boyfriend with dark brown curly hair and beautiful blue eyes. I remember thinking that she was really a pretty little girl, all dressed in pink. I don't know if God sent me that dream or not but the next morning I woke up super sick, I started throwing up even before I could get out of bed. I grabbed my stomach and just whispered “ok baby you got to help mommy out in there, you got to settle down or something cause I can't take getting sick like this every morning.” After a while the waves of nausea passed and I sat down at the end of my bed on the floor still holding my tummy, it was then it happened. It finally sank in, I was having a baby, a real person was growing inside me not some blob of tissue, not just a fetus but a baby. Now I really am confused.....what do I do?????????

That was written by me about 24 years ago. I am sharing it with you because I read in a thread here that someone said that abortion is not black and white that some people do not believe that a fetus is a life until it is born and therefore not entitled to the rights that other people have. Thats a lie, a lie from the enemy to destroy life. See it does not matter the situation, or how a woman becomes pregnant, believe me I know there are horrible, vile things that happen in the world but that does not change the fact that when a woman becomes pregnant she is most certainly carrying a child, a human being just like you and I. In my case my daughter was born on December 1 of 1983. I did not go through with the abortion. I was 17 when she came into the world and my boyfriend, now husband was only 16. We have struggled along the way but we both came to a place were we gave it all to Jesus and decided that He was the only one able to see us through. We have raised our precious daughter and watched her grow into a beautiful young woman. She has dark curly hair like her dad although her eyes changed from the blue to more of a hazel green like her grandfathers. She and her husband recently had their first baby born on December 25th of 2006 and every time I hold little Jack I am reminded of how close I came to giving in to selfishness, fear, anger, confusion, and sin. I am reminded when I look into my grandsons beautiful blue eyes and see his soft curly blond hair that pregnancy is most definitely not carrying a fetus for 9 months but a very precious life that one day will have a purpose and a plan, just as God does for each one of us. You may read this and become offended, you may say that I had it easy or that I just don't understand all the gray areas, the pain the emotional turmoil, the victims,.... all I can say is this “Just because someone doesn't believe that a fetus is a baby doesn't change the fact that it is a human being. My daughter is proof of that... and so are you reading this right now!

2007/8/7 12:16Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: To anyone out there

thank you sister for sharing your experience with us. i believe that more young girls and boys need to hear a testimony like yours that a fetus/baby is a human being, not just some tissue. thanks sis.

2007/8/7 12:32Profile

janiesmiles,
You are dearly loved by God as more than you can even love that little Girl. Remember that. I pray the entire earth get a revelation of the true reality of abortion. But if one has had one, there is still time to come to Father God through Jesus and he will forgive and heal.
Someone I know recently made this poor decision. And I could see the blindness in which they were in. They said things come in two's since they had two children already they let go of the third to be born. This is not good, very sad, a terrible way to treat ones own flesh and blood. God help all these blind ones to be awake. In Jesus name Amen

2007/8/7 12:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Janie,
As I started reading your post I was eager to post and tell you to get yourself to the nearest Crises Pregnancy Center because they exist to help people just like you. But I sensed I needed to keep on reading and WOW! Lady, your testimony is awesome and inspiring. I hope you do not mind me copying/pasting it to my documents to share it with others?

God abundantly bless you and your daughter? BTW: did you have any more children?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/8/7 12:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

that is a wonderful testimony, one of the most wonderful experiences i had was when my twin daughters where born, that was so amazing to me, out of my wifes body there came these two bundles of life... the doctors placed them in my arms and i realized somehow in the condition of chock that i was a father... and i thought to myself, there must be a God! i thought that whole thing was so awesome, so incredible so amazing that it is impossible we evolved into this perfection.... and out of my wife came perfect life!

i was not saved then, but anyone who says that a unborn baby is not a life, lies,

Life is such a precious gift! it grieves me our society is so blind, because we are so sinful creatures so driven by our lust and refuse to acknowledge rhe responsibility by having sex,

how wicked and vile we as humans are, i praise God for you and your testimony.

2007/8/7 13:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Christian wrote:

Quote:
out of my wifes body there came these two bundles of life... the doctors placed them in my arms and i realized somehow in the condition of chock that i was a father... and i thought to myself, there must be a God!

This reminded me of an experience I had at CPC. We were required as volunteer counselors to view selected videos to keep us informed about issues, reproduction, abortion and such like. One of the videos was titled (if I recall) "The Miracle of Life." This is a very long one that discuss in detail conception and fetal growth. Actually, I thought it was boring because it was so detailed. The phone would ring and I would let the thing run when I answered the phone....less time spent being bored! Anyhow, I was required to view it so I tried hard to do my duty. As I sat there and watched it, eventually it showed the birth of this child. I was taken completely by surprise by my reaction: I cried - it was so sacred! so holy! Here minutes before I was dreadfully bored and now a little later I was so taken by the birthing process it left me in tears! Awesome, is it not?! (BTW, this reaction came from a woman who had already birthed five children....)

Reproduction is amazing, is it not? Only God could create something so wonderful as this!

ginnyrose

2007/8/7 13:29Profile
janiesmiles

Re:

Ginnyrose,

Thank you for your post. I do not mind if you share what I wrote with others. Feel free to do so. To answer your question, yes I have had four other children, all boys. SO I had five in all and each one of them is a blessing from God that I desire deeply to help teach to follow Jesus and live for Him only.

God bless you
Janie

2007/8/7 15:55Profile
janiesmiles

Re:

hmmhmm

Thank you so much for sharing about the birth of your daughters. I was not born of the spirit living my life for Jesus at the time of my daughters birth but God had a hold of my heart and my husbands as well. Even though we were young He brought us through many trails and together we have a deep desire to lay die our lives daily and live for Him. You are right in saying life is a precious gift!

God bless you
Janie

2007/8/7 16:04Profile

Wonderful testimony! Praise be to God for His intervention in saving the life of your child. It brought a tear to my eye to read of the sovereign Hand of God in your life and the lives of your husband, daughter and grandchildren.

This was good. Thank you, sister, for sharing it. I was blessed indeed in reading it.
May the blessing of the Lord be with you and your family.

~Joy

2007/8/13 14:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy