Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Teen Abortion Epidemic Sweeps UK

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Teen Abortion Epidemic Sweeps UK

[b]Teen Abortion Epidemic Sweeps UK[/b]

AN EPIDEMIC of teenage abortions is sweeping the country, a News of the World investigation reveals.

Despite a government scheme to cut pregnancies by dishing out morning-after pills to youngsters, a record 18,619 girls under 18 had terminations last year.

Our figures obtained from the Department of Health show the number of under-18s given a SECOND abortion rose to 1,341. Shamefully, one 18-year-old even underwent her SIXTH.

read more: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news5.shtml

2007/8/6 13:43Profile

Re: Teen Abortion Epidemic Sweeps UK

Last year in a Bible class study at my church home, a class members ask the teacher the question, is abortion acceptable in God's eyes, when the pregnant Mother's life is a stake because of a medical condition? The teacher's answer was no, at least I can't find in HIS WORD where it would be. The teacher stated the woman can be forgiven at a later time, if she is convicted and truly confesses and repents and follows Christ. We know she can't bring the baby back not in this life, on this earth. The same holds true with a man who takes another's person's life. The same with any sin. Adultery is no different. Jesus came to save sinners. The problem with sin is, when one starts trying to find a loopholes to justify sin, instead of comdemning it, and confessing it, even in our own life, that is when the debate begans. I think all Biblical subjects become debatable, when one looks for loopholes to justify sin. And of course, if one says, that sin is sin, then they are called a legalist and on certain subjects even called being political and a Pharisee.

2007/8/6 23:36
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Moe wrote:

Quote:
I think all Biblical subjects become debatable, when one looks for loopholes to justify sin. And of course, if one says, that sin is sin, then they are called a legalist and on certain subjects even called being political and a Pharisee.

Excellent point!

ginnyrose

2007/8/7 12:58Profile

Re: Teen Abortion Epidemic Sweeps UK

Quote:
Shamefully, one 18-year-old even underwent her SIXTH.

As you all know, this kind of judgment 'Shamefully' upsets me deeply. Where are all the people who are supposed to be caring for and nurturing this girl - the people responsible for making these decisions at her request... responsible for protecting her best interests [i]better[/i] than this?

2007/8/7 14:19
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

dorcas wrote: ,

Quote:
As you all know, this kind of judgment 'Shamefully' upsets me deeply.

And why is this so? Because you have assisted females in their abortion and now you are fighting the guilt? I, too, am upset.

ginnyrose

2007/8/12 18:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy