SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Barack Obama a Muslim?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski
Member



Joined: 2006/9/11
Posts: 294
North Pole, Alaska

 Re:

Barak Obama supports abortion, this is consistent with Christ?

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2007/7/18/obama-strong-women-made-him-pro-choice.html

bad tree, bad fruit

 2007/8/4 23:07Profile
davidt
Member



Joined: 2006/5/21
Posts: 326


 Re:

Quote:
A universalist? Do you have a source for this? From what I have heard and read, President Bush claims to be a Methodist with strong Baptist leanings.



Yes, Chris, I do have a source. I will post it on a seperate thread though. All you have to do is do a you tube search for "george bush universalist".

 2007/8/4 23:08Profile
HomeFree89
Member



Joined: 2007/1/21
Posts: 797
Indiana

 Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Barak Obama is a Christian, and a member of the United Church of Christ. His profession of faith is in the name Jesus Christ -not Mohammed.



He supports abortion and other things that aren't biblical. How can you be a real, Bible believing Christian and support abortion?

Jordan


_________________
Jordan

 2007/8/6 21:10Profile
HomeFree89
Member



Joined: 2007/1/21
Posts: 797
Indiana

 Re:

Quote:


Yes, Chris, I do have a source. I will post it on a seperate thread though. All you have to do is do a you tube search for "george bush universalist".



You really believe everything you watch on YouTube? You can find stuff against Jesus and Christians if you just search for it.

Jordan


_________________
Jordan

 2007/8/6 21:11Profile
jordanamo
Member



Joined: 2006/11/23
Posts: 397


 Re:

Quote:

HomeFree89 wrote:
Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Barak Obama is a Christian, and a member of the United Church of Christ. His profession of faith is in the name Jesus Christ -not Mohammed.



He supports abortion and other things that aren't biblical. How can you be a real, Bible believing Christian and support abortion?

Jordan



Ask yourself, what is salvation based upon? I've been thinking of this. Is it based upon your political views? Abortion? Abortion is a very contentious issue, it's not as "black and white" as some make it out to be. It's not like someone supporting outright "murder." Some believe it isn't really that bad, and honestly believe that a fetus is not a real human being (and thus does not deserve human rights nor have a soul), etc. I do not believe that means they cannot be saved.

 2007/8/6 22:58Profile
reformer
Member



Joined: 2007/6/25
Posts: 764


 Re:

We have had such a strong christian vot in the past elections. If these canidates can claim they are a "Christian" they hope to get your vote!

I would like to hear a real political believer stand up and say I am not just a christian, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus.

 2007/8/7 14:04Profile
davidt
Member



Joined: 2006/5/21
Posts: 326


 Re:

Yes, Reformer, that is right. It is no question whether these guys are serious Christians or not. The question is not whether Obama is a serious Christian but whether he is a Muslim.

 2007/8/7 14:20Profile
Santana
Member



Joined: 2006/8/17
Posts: 286


 Re:

Obama is part of the UCC and the UCC supports homosexuality. Obama supports anything that will get him votes...just like the UCC supports anything that will get their seats filled.


_________________
Leonardo Santana

 2007/8/7 14:53Profile
tjservant
Member



Joined: 2006/8/25
Posts: 1658
Indiana USA

 Re:

jordanamo wrote:

Quote:
Abortion is a very contentious issue, it's not as "black and white" as some make it out to be. It's not like someone supporting outright "murder." Some believe it isn't really that bad, and honestly believe that a fetus is not a real human being (and thus does not deserve human rights nor have a soul), etc. I do not believe that means they cannot be saved.



Are these your views on abortion?

Statements like "isn't really that bad", and "not a real human being" reek of Relativism. I hope I am missing something here.


Grace and Peace


_________________
TJ

 2007/8/7 15:14Profile
jordanamo
Member



Joined: 2006/11/23
Posts: 397


 Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
jordanamo wrote:
Quote:
Abortion is a very contentious issue, it's not as "black and white" as some make it out to be. It's not like someone supporting outright "murder." Some believe it isn't really that bad, and honestly believe that a fetus is not a real human being (and thus does not deserve human rights nor have a soul), etc. I do not believe that means they cannot be saved.



Are these your views on abortion?

Statements like "isn't really that bad", and "not a real human being" reek of Relativism. I hope I am missing something here.


Grace and Peace


No they aren't my views, I said "some [i.e. abortion-supporters] believe" that.

I think I'm digging myself in a hole here though. I can discern bad from good fruit, but with a person like Barack Obama, I just don't know. Maybe I'm trying to defend my post, which I wrote hastily and left it rather vague. Why am I defending Barack Obama anyways? He calls evil good. But I just don't think I can say, without a doubt, that he's not saved.

 2007/8/7 15:42Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy