SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Story Of Soul

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

The Story Of Soul

[b]The Story Of Soul[/b]

There once was a man named Soul who was walking in a garden. He was whistling a real sweet tune; for he was saved and had the Joy of the Lord, but he was a baby Christian. As Soul was walking, a beautiful and seductive woman came out from behind a tree. Soul was very startled. He said, "Hello, I'm Soul, what is your name?"

She replied, "I am Temptation, I have what you want."

"What do I want?" replied Soul.

"You want to do all things which are of the flesh," said Temptation.

Soul replied, "O.K., lead me."

So he and Temptation went off and fulfilled the desires of the flesh. When Soul returned to the garden, he met a man named Condemnation. Condemnation said, "Hey, I see you have met my friend, Temptation."

Soul said, "Yes, who are you?"

"I am Condemnation, I come after Temptation. We work hand-in-hand." Then Condemnation jumped on Soul's back and began to beat him. He hit him in the face and kicked him when he was down. This went on for several days.

On about the third day, a man named Mercy came running and said, "I command you, Condemnation, to stop beating Soul."

Condemnation snickered, "Make me."

So Mercy unsheathed his sword and cut Condemnation in two.

As Soul watched in astonished pain, he was overtaken by the power of Mercy. Mercy walked up to Soul and said, "I have dealt with Condemnation before. He should not show up around you anymore....and if he does...just call on Jesus' Name!"

Soul replied, "How can I ever thank you?"

"Well," replied Mercy, "I was sent here by God, and He told me to introduce you to a dear friend of mine. His name is Redemption."

Redemption walked up and said, "Hello Soul, I see that you are not doing well."

Soul replied, "Not until Mercy came along. It is a pleasure to meet you, Redemption."

"Well", said Redemption," I am glad to meet you. Are you ready to accept me?"

"What do you mean?" asked Soul.

Redemption said, "Well, when you accepted Jesus and decided to walk with Him, you chose to accept the things of Him and His love. I am a part of Jesus' love. I help you know His forgiveness. You will never have to deal with Condemnation again...in the same way, for I have given you power over him. Temptation may come around, but I have someone I would like for you to meet who can help you with that. Her name is Grace."

Grace walked up to Soul and said, "Hello, Soul, I have been waiting for you. As a matter of fact... Mercy, Redemption, and I have all been waiting to meet you; and I will help you find the right path away from Temptation. God gives me to you as a gift when Temptation tries to get you to hesitate on your journey along the path of righteousness. And by the way...the last person Temptation wants you to meet is another friend of ourse. Her name is Faith."

"Hi, Soul, I am Faith, and I will help you stay strong and keep your beliefs strong. As you fellowship with us, you will not want to spend any time with Temptation and Condemnation." said Faith confidently.

Soul began to cry, and when he did, Redemption said, "This is what we are here for. Jesus bought Redemptation for you with His Blood. He saved you by His Grace...and through Faith He gives you His Mercy. Jesus loves you, Soul."

Soul said from his heart...., "I love you, Jesus!"

Author Unknown...but PRAISE GOD....KNOWN to us who have "received" Jesus' Life-giving "friends"!!!!

2004/5/2 11:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Story Of Soul

This is GREAT!
Much thanks Chanin, you find some of the greatest things... :-)

2004/5/2 13:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Soul began to cry, and when he did, Redemption said, "This is what we are here for. Jesus bought Redemptation for you with His Blood. He saved you by His Grace...and through Faith He gives you His Mercy. Jesus loves you, Soul."

Chanin that is a great article! It reminds me so much of "pilgrims progress" by John Bunyan and also "hinds feet in high places" by Hannah W. Smith. There is such great power in allegories thank God for bringing us Mecry! Our God is a merciful God. :-)

2004/5/2 13:32Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

"Grace walked up to Soul and said, "Hello, Soul, I have been waiting for you. As a matter of fact... Mercy, Redemption, and I have all been waiting to meet you; and I will help you find the right path away from Temptation. God gives me to you as a gift when Temptation tries to get you to hesitate on your journey along the path of righteousness."

How does Grace direct Soul as he comes across Temptation?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/5/3 18:14Profile
moreofHim

Re: Story of Soul

Honestly I can't answer that question 'theologically'. I can talk from personal experience, though. :)

Quote:
And He said to me, "My [b]grace[/b] is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor.12:9

Quote:
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find [b]grace[/b] to help in time of need. Heb.4:16

Though I feel that I have used 'self-discipline' in the past to overcome temptation- it is still nothing more than the grace of God who allowed me to have this discipline. I cannot do anything good of on my own. I can't really call it "self" discipline because it isn't.

The more i grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord and his truth- the more He pours out this grace upon me to overcome.

Quote:
Through Him we have received [b]grace[/b] and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, Romans 1:5

It seems here that they received grace for obedience- It takes being obedient to overcome temptation.

I could be completely wrong here because i am not a theologian. :) But I do know that by God's grace, I have overcome temptations and other things many, many times. I certainly can't take credit for it.

Satisfied in Him alone, Chanin

2004/5/3 19:30Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Chanin wrote:

"It seems here that they received grace for obedience- It takes being obedient to overcome temptation."

I agree. Jesus said, "I have come to do your will oh Lord." If we follow Jesus He will teach us to do His will. He is our forerunner. His creation will rejoice in their Creator.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/5/4 10:28Profile
dougkristen

It's amazing how when truth is told in story form, it is so easy to understand God's truth for our lives. No wonder Jesus told in story and parable form. Thanks for sharing this!

Grace,
Doug :-)

2004/5/4 11:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy