SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Last week in Washington DC - of 'Christian' Zionism?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Last week in Washington DC - of 'Christian' Zionism?

I realise we have touched on this topic before but some of us never calmly.... so I honestly hope that those who have a prior opinion will read well into this article, thinking very carefully about the account presented.

Note that neither all Christians nor all Jews hold the questioned views, and that's why I'm posting this relatively objective statement, in case you fear to be isolated by abandoning them.... No.... You would not be alone....

So... please reach for your Bibles, where the truth undoubtedly lies, and don't take anyone else's word for your beliefs in this area.

That's Berean... ok? :-D

Paul said: But the word of God is not bound. (2 Timothy 2:9)

Matthew 10:8 Jesus said
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons.
[b]Freely you have received, freely give.[/b]

[This 'giving' is not about money!]

Romans 8:32
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also [u]freely give us[/u] [b]all things[/b]?

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, [u]that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God[/u].

OK. The article is called:

[b]The Christian Zionist Lie Must Die[/b]
by Charles E. Carlson Jul 24, 2007

Find it at [url=http://www.historicist.com/]http://www.historicist.com/[/url]

These three paragraphs struck me.

[i]It was at the Washington DC gig where John Hagee actually admitted — perhaps for the first time — that his actions are not driven by his religious beliefs, but by his political motives. In so doing, he not only denies Jesus Christ by his words, but followers of Christ now have every reason — in fact, a duty — to question what he is up to using Christ’s church and teachings to effect his personal political will within his congregation and under false pretenses.[/i]

and

[i]But this is the exact opposite of what Hagee, and thousands like him at pulpits all over the USA, have preached thus far, and for which Hagee was showered with tens of millions in donations. Hagee's followers do support Israel for religious ‘biblical’ reasons that they learned from Hagee were inviolable. Hagee’s followers have told us so at many encounters during vigils held at four A Night To Honor Israel extravaganzas. Two of Hagee’s followers took the trouble to write and call us to explain it, and try to convince us again, this very week.

The next crack in the leaking Christian Zionist dike will break it: When tens of thousands of God-fearing Judeo-Christians from thousands of churches nationwide who allow themselves to be classified as "Christian-Zionists” without thinking once about the horrors they are advocating realize they’ve been conned by political Israel's agents, they will leave CUFI, Christian Zionism, and the hundred-year-old movement called "evangelicalism" in droves.[/i]

2007/8/3 9:14
Rahman

Re: Last week in Washington DC - of 'Christian' Zionism?

First off let me say that i like Pastor Hagee a whole lot ... i love his preaching, and i get goose-bumps everytime he booms "Let us give glory, praise and honor to the Lamb of God in the house of the Lord"! ...If i was living in Texas anywhere near Hagee i'd attend his congregation more than likely ... Not many preachers today proclaim the glory of our now risen Savior, sitting at the right hand of the Father, with ALL POWER in His hands ...

i also pray for Jerusalem, the peace of Israel, that as many of the Jews as shall be saved be saved on this side of grace, as i am also supportive of Israel in it's right to exist as a nation, and unlike some here on SI believe that it's resurrgence in 1948 was of prophetic fulfilment, and that even tho we the Church are enjoying now our part in the fulfilment of God's plan, prophecy clearly shows that in the trib, and great trib, the tiny nation is the lynch-pin for causing the wrath of God Himself to annihilate nations on her behalf, and i don't believe in Replacement Theology! ...

For this Christian, even tho appearing as secular and non/anti-Christian as today's Israel appears, according to Rom. 11 there's are reasons far above my own understanding why she is as she is ... To me that's between her and God, as i also still believe that tho it may seem the He curses her, it's not my prerogative to do so too, as the Word also says who curses her shall be cursed of God, and who blesses her shall be blessed ... i choose to do the latter in ways that i feel led of the Bible and Holy Spirit to do, and while attending Pastor Hagee's rally was not one of them, in times past i have felt led of God to participate in matters political beginning first in Falwell's Moral Majority back in the early 80's, and voting for Prezes Reagan, and George W. Bush (an interesting side note being that i sense no such unctioning whatsoever toward the "08" election) ... And lastly i might add that i'm the type of Christian who has much more tolerance and admiration for any fellow saint who by faith believes our Lord is motivating them in attempts to do something toward the benefit of the kingdom, than for the many arm chair quarterback saints who won't even pray in intercession if they believe another saint is mis-guided, but would rather sit on their butts altogether and just criticize ...

Now the article says ...

QUOTE:
"It was at the Washington DC gig where John Hagee actually admitted — perhaps for the first time — that his actions are not driven by his religious beliefs, but by his political motives. In so doing, he not only denies Jesus Christ by his words, but followers of Christ now have every reason — in fact, a duty — to question what he is up to using Christ’s church and teachings to effect his personal political will within his congregation and under false pretenses."

If this is true then i'm saddened by it, and will pray for Pastor Hagee, tho i'd like to point out something that i've noticed from a few Christian men of international prominence ... i'm a firm believer in the scripture "whatsoever is not of faith is sin" and so to me when any saints steps out on a "personal faith" limb, believing led of our Lord to do so, i think the worst thing that one can do is later on, because of the heat of opposition being turned on and up, to either alter or retract one's stance ... Now it's different if our Lord brings one to the realization that one is wrong, but if He has not and we buckle to opposition then it presents a real problem, and i think opens the vision and calling up to failure, destruction, and the stumbling of many ... i thought this to be the case when Dr. Falwell retracted his 9/11 statement about it's occurence being a sign of God's protection being taken down from America, Pat Robertson did similar, and now alledgedly John Hagee has altered his stance from one of a purely spiritual motivation to that of political! ... That's dangerous, and tho i'm sure Rom. 8:28 will also apply here, will still have some negative consequences ... Like Christianity needs any more negative publicity ...

Lord Jesus please help us SOON by setting us back on Your right path, because we seem to have lost Your way ... :-o

2007/8/3 13:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy