SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Man cuts off hand for Hindu goddess offering

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Man cuts off hand for Hindu goddess offering

[b]Man cuts off hand for Hindu goddess offering[/b]

KATHMANDU (Reuters) - A 23-year-old Nepali man cut off his right hand after morning prayers and offered it to Kali, the Hindu goddess of power, the Annapurna Post local daily said on Wednesday.

Rajesh Tajpuria, who runs a drug store in the southeastern town of Rangeli, is undergoing treatment at a hospital, it said.

More than 80 percent of Nepal's 26 million people are Hindus who frequently sacrifice animals such as goats, buffaloes and roosters in temples.

read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN0132193220070801?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true

2007/8/2 12:12Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Man cuts off hand for Hindu goddess offering

Wow -- this man is so committed to his false god that he would cut off his hand as a sacrifice. Believers in the West are so uncommitted to the one true Living God that we won't even cut off an offensive television program. We don't cut off our hate, our discord, our pride, our lust, our greed, etc...

Ouch!

I was reading Keith Green's [i]Total Committment: Communism vs Christianity[/i] message at [url=http://www.lastdaysministries.org]Last Days Ministries[/url]. It is more relevant today than when he first wrote it! God help us to be even more committed to our Lord than the people of this lost and dying world!

:-(

2007/8/2 12:30Profile

Re:

true, so true ccchhhrrriiisss... but we WILL go to church on Sunday though... that's gota count for something.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/2 13:09
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

hey! I thought you didn't go to "church" :-P

2007/8/2 14:39Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Good one MSeaman. :-P
Is not a matter of Going to Church, but is a matter of being the Church. Although I understand what jimdied2sin was trying to say.

2007/8/2 18:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy