SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Zimbabwe's economy grinds to a halt: Essential staples are not to be found.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jordanamo

Zimbabwe's economy grinds to a halt: Essential staples are not to be found.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/08/01/africa/zim.php

This guy is crazy.

2007/8/2 9:14Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Zimbabwe's economy grinds to a halt: Essential staples are not to be found.

These people need PRAYER before their government kills them.

You are right, he's nuts.
:-o

2007/8/2 11:11Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

dear saints Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

As our Lord leads do pray for our brethren in Zimbabwe which is my home away from Home. Indeed things are dire and much suffering has been going on for a long time and it is worsening. My brother in law James (Jimm on S.I.) returned there about 2 yrs ago as God sent him back to preach the gospel. It has been quite an experience for him having come all the way here and finding what God had called him for, that is his destiny, which was to spread the word of God back home. In spite of all the suffering or perhaps to some degree, because of the suffering, men are finding our Lord's Grace in Salvation. There is this Spiritual awakening and for some revival being worked out that God be Glorified forever.AMEN. Now there is also in the wings an economic recovery or restoration of things which God has in Mind to do for which i must return to my home next year to partake in. our Lord showed it to me in this way, Ezra and Nehemiah's return to Jerusalem from Persia. Ezra (my brother James has been given a ministry along these lines) returned first to deal mainly with the issue of the temple and worship and until that was sorted out, Nehemiah (my ministry given me is similar to Nehemiah's as it tends with things other than the temple) for couldn't come and do the rest.

i remember my youth there. My parents having returned from America and the other countries they had gone to school for that they may return and partake in this new nation which had come out of about 14 yrs of civil war. So i grew up there and a teacher of mine in grade 7 would oft say our nation is going to the dogs and i didn't know or understand why he would say that...now i see. Even my parents, themselves very accomplished had to leave and come here and work to be able to pay for my sister's education and such. you know dear saints, when my parents came here, i learned how brutal this place could be. They were often mistreated at they jobs for being Africans in spite of their accomplishments but all the same it was a period of humbling in preparation for something much better which God has in Mind.AMEN. God gave Grace and they are doing well. Even my in-laws left home and went to the U.K. if i thought America was brutal, the horror stories from their stay in England let me know of the wickedness which is rampant in that land which once was used so mightily to spread the Gospel of God. How the enemy has turned it into a major staging area for his assault on manknd!Bless God there is yet a remnant there, i bless God for bro Dom, sis Enid and bro Ron who yet hold up the Light of the Gospel amid such darkness.God extend Grace to these saints to continue.AMEN.

a part of all this in Zimbabwe is a Judgment for our own partaking of dark arts of various kinds, demon worship and rejection of God. if you look at Africa, such things are rampant, part of the culture wherever you go, from ancient Egypt even through to this day, things like ancestral worship are still practiced. one of my mother's sisters (who passed recently) had upon her, the spirit of one of their forfathers, which realy is a demonic spirit. Witchery is also rampant. of course many in the west think this to be foolishness but i know what it is to be afflicted by such. i bless God that even though i was unsaved, by virtue of His own Mercy i was spared much because He had in Mind a work for me. Every experience and event in my life has been orchestrated by His hand to the end that my destiny which He had beforetime Written would be Fulfilled that His Name would Receive Glory and HOnour in Heaven and Earth Forever.AMEN. Even those of my father's generation still hold to these traditional beliefs which have become for us a snare, the worst of it is the fusing of Catholicism or Christianity with these beliefs which is an affront to God. Yes indeed there is a Judgment which has been working on our nation for some time. it began when men strayed from God and were then given over to reprobate mind and all manner of idolatry, divination, witchery and so on were practised. Then the Europeans came, however with the nations which are used of God to Judge, they tend to go overboard and the Judgment then falls on them. i see Europe now and think on the culpability of these sons of Japheth in some of what has become of Africa in terms of the Japheth mentality (prophesied by Noah) of "get rich by any means necessary...or as 50 cent would say, get rich or die trying" which has befallen many Africans, especially heads of state...You have before you the example of Mugabe in Zimbabwe or this Japheth mentality (the worst of this mentality is how it has affected the preaching of the Gospel from God-Centred, to man centred) has been adopted, not only this but perfected to a point that a whole nation is held hostage and left in tatters. yes i see what Europe has become now and i see part of it being Judgment from God. Men being given over to reprobate minds due to idol worship, witchery and so on...the same as what my own ancerstors were guilty of...Now Europe is such a dark and dreary place. Those wicked spirits which were chased out of Africa because of the Gospel in those days had to go somewhere right?

many saints have been fasting, praying, suffering and dying eagerly seeking God for revival and restoration in that little country...Some have not lived to see even the beginnings of it but through the shedding of their blood and the sacrifices in prayer and petition before God in fasting and such, the seeds for sown for the work which bro James is doing now and for which i shall return to partake of next year.

Zimbabwe is the last in the list of nations in the world. It is quite possibly the bottom of the barrel in Africa and perhaps the world even in many respects. There is something Divine about this placement because GOd has a tendancy to take such which is base like coal, and turn it into a diamond...in this way He is Identified as the Author and Finisher of such a work and is Glorified forever.AMEN. for many, being left with nothing leaves no alternative but to seek God and therein He is found. Before it is all said and done and we leave this place for Home, Zimbabwe will become a Jewel in God's Crown, a Testament to His Grace, Mercy and Mighty Power as this land is Restored and made a greater place than it ever was. Who would think anything good could come out of that place or ever happen to it? The odds are this nation is done...God likes such odds...Thriving on them that He may use the foolish to upset the wise, the weak to undo the strong and the things which are not to upset those which are, and the base to upturn the esteemed. Men will marvel at what will happen economically and study it in institutions of higher education and probably figure out all the nuts and bolts stuff and yet not come to an understanding of the Truth, that God did it...*sigh* anything and everything but the Hand of God...anything to pat man on the back. i guess i'll just have to say at every turn, "God did it"

Eagerly awaiting what God has shown others and myself about what He has in store for Zimbabwe.

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' Name.AMEN.

2007/8/2 11:42Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

A friend of mine told me about this...
It is SO sad!
Ugh- we cannot afford to be prayerless! So much is going on in the world... and people need Jesus Christ!
I feel as though no matter what I've made myself think recently that I am worse than a sinner because I have not prayed for Zimbabwe and other countries with oppressive governments, and spent more than a few minutes praying for persecuted churches.
I think I'd rather die than live one more day knowing that evil like this is going on and I don't have the compassion of God in my heart.

2007/8/2 23:51Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thank you so much IRONMAN for sharing that post with us.
God bless you and your brother!

2007/8/2 23:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy