SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Message to Woman

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Heya folks,

Grannie, you don't find anything remotely new age-ish or occultish about this post?

There are so many wonderful feminine aspects of spirituality in the Bible - Solomon personifies Wisdom as a noble woman in Proverbs; Zion, or the church, appears as a woman in Song of Solomon; the last proverb where a certain saint get's motherly advice; Deborah and Jael from Judges; the fact that women followed Jesus to the Cross after all his male disciples fled...

"You are special because you are the extension of me..." and "inner life" smack of new age, airy-fairy occultism.

I'd be wary about taking it too seriously.

2007/7/28 22:05
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
You are my perfect angel.

Really??

There seem to be some idealistic gender perceptions projected onto the Biblical narrative.

Quote:
Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity.

Really??

I suspect that there is a history to this article. Can it be traced to ancient practise - the worship of feminine deities?

Diane

2007/7/28 22:18Profile

Re:

Heya Corey, Brother now that I know that LiveforGod didn't write this thing, I will be completely open about this.

The end of it touched my heart about things as I posted in my first post ... I'll quote that part here ....

Quote:
Personally, this spoke to me greatly today, that I must before GOD "protect my husband's heart" and be "quieter when doing that" and that if I am "more tender" than I can use my womanhood to a greater degree to win hardened hearts to Christ.
That I need not be a macho-woman to be a Deborah.

But I did not post "to it" because of the parts that were slurpy to me, but I mentioned on another thread that it did put a tear in my eye and not for any other reason but what I just quoted at the end of that post.

I only came on to defend a brother from this one sentence, thinking he had written this woman thing in an attempt to help and that maybe he was young in Christ. He posts a lot on Devotions, so I didn't want him hurt by this statement. Looking at the 'heart' of a poster again, judging by what 'else' he's posted ... oh hum.

Again, this is why I came on -

Quote:
First, only a person who doesn't know or fear God would dare ...................

When someone posts a lot of posts that they think will encourage others and then has this posted to them for a mistake, I thought that was a bit hard, thinking as I said, that he had written it.

Had I loved the post from stem to stern I would have posted to it the first time I read it, when he first posted it.

Just tried to save what I could of this brother's attempt to say something nice.

Many could have come on and corrected it, but I did not feel led to. And neither did the others until .........

It's just "how" we correct each other here that is hurting us all. We can disagree all day, but not question hearts .... right ?

I believe we are to defend each other as The Body from things that are not handled Biblically.
"Ye which are spiritual ........", type corrections and to look at the heart of someone before we post what I quoted above and even then, those are hard words if LiveforGod 'had' been the author or even if he weren't.

Well, we choose to either pull for each other or not on here. Or falsely accuse people by bearing false witness against them. But GOD is GOD and there are eyes everywhere and His ways will be honored in the end, because He said so, not stupid me.

All I was hit with when I first came on line was apologetics. First having to defend the deity of Christ and the Trinity 'to' Moderators who felt differently. Then on and on from there, being forced to expose new age, etc, etc, "crossroad.to" .... for goodness sake .... yes, I sure do know off things when I see it, but I'm SICK of everyone digging at each other and that's all that I see anymore. I did the apologetic & discernment minstries debates until I just want to see The Elect get along now.

"Heya folks."

2007/7/28 22:48
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Yes, there are some things I didn't like nither but if you look at it trying to get somthing Good out off it, you will.

I understand what you are saying. Paul and some of the other brothers and sisters are just calling out a warning. There are lots of people that wouldn’t have noticed the problems with this article and that could lead to problems, for them and others. I always try to remember that there are good parts in a rattle snake; it’s the drop of poison that kills.

2007/7/28 23:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Correction

Quote:
'to' Moderators who felt differently.

You wish to contend and defend over every matter and refuse to look at your own contributions to the ongoing problem, that you create these things by constantly appealing to [i]your self[/i] and to what you are doing, and how and why ... You are not fixing things but making them worse with this kind of intrusion. Has it occurred to you that some things might just work themselves out without your help?

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=18390&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]Our Attitude To Corrections ~ Zac Poonen[/url]

2007/7/28 23:11Profile

Re:

There are two types of poison in the Body of Christ right now ... one is doctrine - the other is this type of correcting that goes on here ....

""First, only a person who doesn't know or fear God would dare ................... "

I wouldn't mind if someone said that to me, because I've been here long enough, but I don't think it's right to say these type things when correcting a good brother and not a full blown heretic like those who deny the Deity of Christ and such.

For this, I'm called names again too, but it doesn't matter.

The two type poisons within the Body are the lack of Truth And Love.

Have a great day at Church tomorrow y'all.

2007/7/28 23:12
LiveforGod

Re: God's Message to Woman

Hello again :-)

Is incredible how it is that the Devil has taken somthing like this to have his way around. The Devil knows that a devided house can not stand, so what he does is try to devide us so that we would not have strenghts to fight him. There are so many things that are wrong with it and I knew it before I copied it and pasted it here. Why did I do that? Because I tought That as mature Christians we would aprechiate what was right and leave that wich was wrong aside, in order not to make a dispute out of it. THe person who wrote this clearly has made some false statements, but are we eddifying in any way each other by pointing those things in the article wich are clearly known if we read the Bible? Are we Helping in any way? We should be praying for those that do think that every word in there was right. And if we cast judement upon those statements let us do it with love and compassion willing to show why they are wrong and allways with the ultimate goal of eddification and not just to probe that you where rite and thay whare Wrong. That leads to nothing but arguments. If you did't get somthing good of from it than you missed the Blessing. Don't worry, there are still many blessings God wants for you. LOve you all in Christ. Brother Sammy

2007/7/28 23:15Profile

Re:

Mike, all I know is that in the coliseums and where people like Richard Wurmbrand was and many other type instances similar ... that Christians would lay down their lives for others and I saw that one sentence I posted as a quote above as a potentially lethal use of words, else I would have stayed off of this thread.

Why do you look "into" hearts ?

Edit: just noticed the emphasis on "to" there Mike.

Because they came after me personally for believing what I did, and I could give you the name of the Site if you'd like.
The moderator's name was Marv and there was another and both were Unitarians on a site named "Christian Website". I had no way to know that I and others would be "jumped on" for what we believed.

2007/7/28 23:16
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

From the bottom up;

Quote:
All I was hit with when I first came on line was apologetics. First having to defend the deity of Christ and the Trinity 'to' Moderators who felt differently. Then on and on from there, being forced to expose new age, etc, etc, "crossroad.to" .... for goodness sake .... yes, I sure do know off things when I see it, but I'm SICK of everyone digging at each other and that's all that I see anymore. I did the apologetic & discernment minstries debates until I just want to see The Elect get along now.

Apparently I misapplied this though I must wonder at why it would need to be brought up here, seeing that you do wish to contend with this moderator regardless. But I was wrong in this application and for that I sincerely apologize.

Quote:
Why do you look "into" hearts ?

That is a faulty interpolation, is that not what you are doing and admitted to just a few pages back?

I am addressing those things spoken and you are drawing inferences of intent and motive and that is the great problem, creating personal effrontery when it is not there. What is the point of injecting the coliseums and Richard Wurmbrand as corollary to something like this? Do you not see it? You are creating diversions and controversies out of the simplest of things.

2007/7/28 23:37Profile

Re:

Mike, why you think that I am "contending" with you is very very hard to see or figure out, even still. That's a heavy word.

The reason I put "look into hearts" because that is what I was doing with LiveforGod. I thought that came across.

The reason why I brought up Richard Wurmbrand and all --- I already posted above.

This whole thread, once again, is not about me.

I don't know how many ways to say that or how to say it, except as always ... the thread itself bears whatever out.

Once again and always
His Love to you.

Annie

2007/7/28 23:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy