SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Message to Woman

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Personal

I didn't "accuse" --- Paul did.

This is not "personal" to me, just a discussion over this post .... as every other thread is on this Forum and not me moderating but answering as every other poster does when discussing the lead Post.

I may defend myself now for being falsely accused because that is also biblical.

I am not moderating, but doing the same thing that goes on on every thread here, and politely.

Paul said this poster may not know God, etc., I never said that.

Motes and beams are flying high when a person is just posting their opinion on an issue brought up on a thread. You have just falsely accused me again. Please read this thread more closely and get the "Personal" out of it. Thank you Mike if you will. I've posted here no differently than most and less critically than Paul did.

God Bless.

2007/7/28 19:57
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
you judged me severely for mimicking that brother's laugh.

No Annie. That whole post was about you advising Corey that it was time to "bail" because people (presumably I?) wasn't staying on track and making him feel good with his renegade Christian loner appeal. I told Corey the truth yesterday, the absolute truth about being broken and humbled and shaped by God...and that God does it through submitting to man. I greatly encouraged Corey to find a church, to seek God to find a fellowship where he could submit to an elder or pastor and let God begin breaking him.

My advice was sober, Annie. Sober and true. The last thing he or anyone who desires to be a lone flying maverick Christian needs is support in their "woe is me" mindset. But that's what you gave him, because you also seem to have issues here as well. That fleshy, defient laugh said it all. And now with this thread, opposing sound correction, loving correction. Again, why are you fighting this?

Quote:
I normally only come on if I come back to a harmless brother's posting and see him ribbed and then get ribbed myself for my reaction to the ribbing.

This brother may be harmless, but his post wasn't. I'm not judging him; I'm judging the post. For all I know, he didn't read it throughly, or maybe he's not mature enough to see what other saints can see in it. I'm not judging, and certainly not "ribbing" anyone. This is the problem, you can't correct error without someone getting their feelings hurt, especially if they're new and unbroken in trials. Everyone cries "ribbing!" or "cruel and judgmental!" when all you're doing is putting the spotlight on error.

2007/7/28 20:00Profile

Re:

LiveforGod, there was no "arguement" on my part here, but a discourse of opinions over your post.

Glad you've come back to explain yourself.

I mentioned the few good things I did see in it in my first post.

Lord Bless.

2007/7/28 20:02
MaryJane

Re:

I have to say I agree with what Paul said concerning this post. As a woman in Christ this post actually bothered me a great deal. It almost seemed as if it was trying to glorify women in a way that only Christ should be glorified. It also bothered me because I have never seen myself as the guardian of my husbands heart, that is the Holy Spirits role in his life not mine and I would never want to usurp that authority. This is just my take on this and what came to my heart after praying about it today.

God Bless you
Mary Jane

2007/7/28 20:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Paul,
I agree with your evaluation of this piece. You described my initial reaction very well. Personally, I hate it when people write pieces that impose human emotion onto God, making him like some fat cuddly Santa Claus. Whenever I tell the LORD, You are GOOD, I am always stopped with this question: By whose standards do I call God good? It is my own because that is ALL I have personally witnessed. And that is woefully inadequate to judge God by.

Quote:
Adam walked with me in the cool of the day and yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me.

How does this writer know Adam did not see him? What is the sourse of this knowledge? I always thought Adam saw God face to face....I believe the account in Genesis about Adam walking with God in the cool of the day was literal.

Annie, I hate to disagree with you....I still love you, ok?

ginnyrose

2007/7/28 20:04Profile

Re:

Paul, you said the right word, "Presumably".

That was not directed at you from me, but what I said on that thread was that the others who had argued all day with him, were not reading neither of our posts and even another two folks posts that joined in later.

You took my post personally to you when that debate had gone on all day.

And I told you all that I agreed with us all finding a Fellowship and what I had gone through to find one, I just didn't feel badgering by several folks at a time would help him, but that that we should take it to prayer for him and the others who can't find fellowships that they can agree with.

The thread is locked now so none of us were able to come to an understanding about what "Church and Fellowship" really is. That whole day was sad because I had to say from the first post to about the last that I agreed with Both sides.

As far as this thread, he cleaned up his post just now on this previous page.

Too much motes and beaming here and that will stop Personal Revival if we don't look closer at ourselves and love one another.

Love.
Annie

2007/7/28 20:09

Re:

I don't mind if we disagree at all, it was just this quote that shouldn't have been said in the first reply.

I don't normally read allegory at all, I only said what I got out of the end of it.

But to say the following to this brother is not hitting just the ball but the man.

Quote:
First, only a person who doesn't know or fear God would dare speak as God Himself in the First Person, and, what's more, speak such sensual, conjectural and unscriptural breathings as this.

Love to you all.

Annie

2007/7/28 20:16
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Annie,

Here is the issue. Stop arguing with how this forum is conducted, you are creating constant problems by your intrusions into matters, especially those not directed to you.

This forum has undergone a drastic shift from it's intentions and purpose and we are attempting to steer it back on course.

2007/7/28 20:19Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
First, only a person who doesn't know or fear God would dare speak as God Himself in the First Person, and, what's more, speak such sensual, conjectural and unscriptural breathings as this.

Annie, I directed this comment to the author of the article, just like I would to the preacher if I heard a man say this. The actual poster here seems very gracious and understanding, I was under the impression he cut and pasted it from somewhere else. He admitted there was error in it. The only one getting upset now is you.

Please let's end this and move on. Error was exposed, and I did it as graciously as I could. I will try better next time, sister.

Peace?

Brother Paul

2007/7/28 20:21Profile

Re:

Hi Paul, I wouldn't have answered again now, but I just noticed your question mark after 'peace' on my downloaded copy.

Of course Peace! I ended my second post to you with "Peace".

I wasn't upset at all and I said on another thread yesterday, I don't get "angry" ... that is a very dangerous place to go.

I thought LiveforGod wrote it and I'm glad he cleared that up also.

Yes, he is gracious and understanding.

Again, Love between us all is all I care about or ever will.

Annie

2007/7/28 20:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy