SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing the soul

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
All that is needed is faith and obedience to split the Jordan.. …. And yet, the Israelites could hardly boast about their faith and obedience. It was God’s mercy.

Trusting in the help of God (The sufficiency of Christ) is the only faith and obedience I am referring to Roadsign. Mercy and obedience (according to faith in that mercy) are not at seperate poles. We are all imperfect, but we all must keep walking up the steep grade as you say.

Obedience, and even holiness still has a place in the New Testament Christian's life...even the hurting ones. Our 'obedience' doesn't earn us salvation...but the Lord's grace is sufficient for us to keep moving on inspite of our failures and pain. When we cultivate an obedient heart, flawed and immature as we are, we have a testimony that our souls are free of the burdens of sin. The Christian has a "righteousness" that is indicative from the Gospel, but also one that is imperitive of the Gospel all at the same time. I have tried to insist on one without the other for years...with little success.

This is why we always comes back to the person of Jesus. He has sorted these things out.

----------------------------------------------

I find we are speaking too many generalities, and then applying them to specific circumstances the other isn't aware of. "Pain" to one person comes from their victimhood, and to another person it comes from the their corruption within. "Obedience" to one person leads to life...and to the other it leads to condemnation.

I'm familiar with how bewildering the swirl of all these feelings, doctrines, and consequences can become when trying to sort out life. I am not indifferent or insensitive to any point of view, because I often hold all of them at the same time! Alas, our moral and spiritual compass needle is spinning in trying circumstances!

I believe we feel, or have felt, pretty much the same way about these things. In my clumsy way I want to see Jesus as an eternal and present anchor for my soul, a benchmark for my conduct as a brother, and a father to me, a father with sons and daughters of his own. My behavior and life has contradictions to all those descriptions...but I believe them nevertheless.

But I do not espouse hopeless ideals to the people in my church. In fact, if we hold onto hopeless ideals we may avoid church because ideals don't do very well with real Christians. (Some of us know all too well the burden of looking for ideal people...)

Yet, in the forum here, we can only talk in ideals in our text. The textual fossils we leave behind, removed from the flow of the Holy Spirit, is perhaps the last dynamic a brokenhearted person needs to be exposed to. I fear this is one of the pitfalls of an internet community...tempting people to believe there are super apostles and wonder workers out there in cyberspace.

Just for the record...there are no ideal people on this side of the computer screen. (I could find multiple hostile witnesses who would happily go on record affirming this.) Indeed, I believe I have already caused someone to stumble just from the little I have said in this thread, and I am sorry for that.

When we talk about discipline we hurt those who need mercy...and when we talk about mercy we offend those who see only sin in the church. Frankly it's exausting, when we dispute over things we all agree on. We agree on the policies of mercy and obedience, and love and holiness...it's just that our feelings and circumstances are out of sync with others feelings and circumstances in the moment.

Looking forward to meeting each of you one day dear saints. One day we will be healed, removed from corruption and...well, we'll be ideal people. We shall see him as he is.

MC

2007/8/4 11:59Profile
roadsign

Re:

Compton, I marvel at the way God has gifted you with an eye for antithesis/polarities and an ability to point them out without creating new polarities. I realize this can be a never-ending, exhausting task. Just when one antithesis is cleared away, we plant another. Thanks! Yes, you are right, it’s not a case of mercy OR obedience, but both working together.

Quote:
the textual fossils we leave behind

Oh, my! .. but yes….. what we leave behind doesn’t sprout, or bloom, or reproduce.

Truly, our words can be so limiting - especially “out there” in the real world. My drama children taught me a lesson this week. I was trying to instruct them with clear, simple English words – straightforward instructions. You would think that they’d understand what you mean when you say “Raise your arm”, or “Turn around”. But, some kids simply could not “get it”, or they’d forget next time around. I don’t think some even knew where their arms were.

I am thinking of a 7 yo from a home that is splitting at this moment. She may be numb. I discovered that if I literally went to the child, and literally put her body through the moves that I was trying to explain – not just once, but a few times, she would get it – and not forget. For a few of the kids, it seemed that their brains could only internalize what their body actually DID repetitively.

I see a close parallel when it comes to explaining the truths of the Lord and his instructions – especially to wounded people, those with little experience of the love of God, and godly behaviors. We cannot assume that they are able to change their life patterns and go through the right motions, or even walk in faith, just because they’ve heard the teachings or instructions.

Is it not the Christian way of love to walk through some of the “steps” with the broken ones. Of course, in a culture that watches life go by from our arm-chairs, ie, the TV or discusses it on the internet, or sings it from our padded pews, there is not enough living it for real. Many are left holding a huge bag of verbal fossils – and are merely tucking them away with all the rest – still unable to go through the “moves” of life.

Jesus actually walked WITH the people, ate with them, went down the dusty roads with him, spit in their eyes, etc. His parables of real life situations, and even actual situations - at on-site locations helped their minds connect with less concrete (spiritual) ideas.

That makes me think about all these confused and messed-up people in my life – who cannot connect with my words – such as love, mercy, obedience, God, etc. How do I as a Christian help them learn the meaning of those words except by being willing to walk through life with them? Yuck. That means getting muddy feet and dirty hands.
But I remember that others have done that for me, and I’m deeply grateful.

Mind you, I see value in words too, in studying people’s minds and behaviours – even if it may include some jargon from “out there”. It helps me understand (and marvel at) Jesus’ teachings and instructions – and participate with the Spirit in the lives of others.
Diane

2007/8/4 14:08Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks for the pick-up Roadsign. It was timely and so helpful...not a textual fossil at all.

Quote:
I am thinking of a 7 yo from a home that is splitting at this moment. She may be numb. I discovered that if I literally went to the child, and literally put her body through the moves that I was trying to explain – not just once, but a few times, she would get it – and not forget. For a few of the kids, it seemed that their brains could only internalize what their body actually DID repetitively.

I see a close parallel when it comes to explaining the truths of the Lord and his instructions – especially to wounded people, those with little experience of the love of God, and godly behaviors. We cannot assume that they are able to change their life patterns and go through the right motions, or even walk in faith, just because they’ve heard the teachings or instructions.

How do I as a Christian help them learn the meaning of those words except by being willing to walk through life with them? Yuck. That means getting muddy feet and dirty hands.

Your reference to the children in your life reminded me of appropriate story for this thread. Pardon the details, but after reading your post, I feel these details in this little episode are very illustrative to some of the points you raised, as well as the issues this thread is about.

My wife has been carpooling some local children to biblecamp this week. One of the children, a boy, has a consistent problem with soiling his pants, and for some reason is unable to visit the bathroom, or even alert an adult. The result was unpleasant for everyone...even my cheerful wife who scrubbed and sprayed our van seats to combat the persistent odor. As you said...yuck.

Now this boy presented a delimma to us. We are endeavoring to be witnesses to some of the familes in our neighborhood. We want to convey the love of God to them...but a big boy shouldn't be soiling himself like that!

Our first solution was to approach the parents, who we count as friends, and gently explain our concern, and recommend that the child bring a change of clothes with him to camp every day. Well, his parents didn't respond and sure enough, the boy continued to soil his pants.

So my wife decided to provide some of our son's clothing.

This little story contains some wonderful illustrations of the Gospel for the hurting and brokenhearted.

First, we obviously recognize that this child shouldn't have to walk around all day in his own filth. Yet, he did not want to outgrow his condition...at least not on our time table!

Secondly, we recognized he needed a change of clothes that neither he nor his parents could or would provide.

Much like this little story, any compassion we have for broken people wearing their own misery, creates a similar delimma for us. We want to intervene...yea even meddle in hopes of helping those whose are lost and confused, but in the process we do not want to shun them, or wound them further by being simplistic, self-righteous or unloving!

Quote:
We cannot assume that they are able to change...

There does seem to be a basic instinct to tell others to change their behavior...press them to reach deep inside and find the emotional and spiritual resources to change themselves. Or perhaps we might pull out our flashlight and help them look through their closet and attic for some clothes they might have misplaced or forgotten about. But they are children of Adam, and alas he does not have a change of clothes for them. All they have to wear are the soiled clothes they have on.

Thankfully, God has provided them new clothing from his son! There is a spotless robe given for all those whose only clothes are soiled and stained.

Herein lies both the indicative and the imperitive of the Gospel; first we see the perfect spotless robe is provided for us as a gift but then we see we must want to be clothed in it.

And so, those of us who carry this spotless robe to sinners and to the brokenhearted are not being judgemental of their sin or indifferent to their pain at all. This clothing is all we have to offer them that will remedy their condition! Our compassion may touch them, but only clean clothing actually comforts them!

Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
Zechariah 3

But the father said to his slaves, Quickly bring out the best robe and put it on him,...
Luke 15

You, however, did not come to know Christ that way...You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ,...
Romans 13

This is how I believe we move forward from sin and brokenheartedness. I certainly did not have have a change of clothes for myself. I could not change out of my sin, or my hurts...they were woven into the fabric of my soul. Occasionally I tried turning my clothes, which by the way looked pretty nice to some people, inside out in hopes of hiding some of the stains...but that didn't hide the smell. Eventually, in dispair, I understood that there were new clothes available for me.

I admit there is much learning, and even revelation needed to take hold of this mystery revealed in scripture...we need to help one another understand it. We might compare this help to a parent or older sibling who patiently teaches the younger how to get dressed. This help in understanding what it means to put on Christ, in essence, is descipleship.

Of course, putting on Christ is not always as visible, and as immediate as cleaning up a little boy at a biblecamp, and training a child's will isn't the same as healing a broken heart. Nevertheless, God has provided new clothing for all of us...we need not feel dirty or naked. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted. We are learning how to wear Christ's peaceable and gentle nature daily...and perhaps assisting those brethren who have suffered injury; gently lifting their weary arms as they place this perfect robe over their bruised and broken bodies.

Blessings,

MC

2007/8/4 23:20Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: Healing the soul

My Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As I've read through each post here I've been a bit overwhelemed with thoughts coming and going and the desire to respond to so many comments. I will do my best to work through each post and see how far I get.

Linn wrote:

Quote:
Hurting people also need appropriate direction towards opening themselves to God in a real way, even if it is just by opening the door of their inner being by a 1 mm crack. I think that's pretty much how I had started out at first.

I received a PM from a brother who hasn't posted here thanking me for this starting this thread, especially in regards to helping men open up and find healing. He expressed how for years he was afraid to open the door to those painful places for fear of rejection from the body. This is a tragedy, yet all too common. I know so many people who have created an emotional wall to hide behind for fear of getting hurt further. And what of those who have ventured out and dared to be vulnerable, only to have a brother or sister fail to understand their neediness and end up adding to their woundedness.

This is a serious problem throughout Christendom, with no easy solutions. The love of God is supposed to be the distinguishing characteristic that gives silent testimony to the truth of the gospel, yet with so many walking wounded in our midst, wearing those I'm OK masks, our churches are better known for being full of phony people with shallow relationships. Ach! Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the weight of it all.

(bunny trail coming...) Which reminds me of another post that quoted... that I may know Him...and the fellowship of His sufferings. I was thinking on this recently and it occured to me that fellowshipping with his sufferings does not (necessarily) entail physical persecution, but can also be the suffering caused by empathy for the lost souls around us and/or for those wounded souls that seem beyond our reach to heal. I literally ache inside over the state of the church, the utter lostness of this society in which I live, my best friends personal trauma et al. Somehow I think maybe that this pain is almost touching the heart of God as He grieves at an even deeper level over these same things.

Mike wrote:
Quote:
I''m not dismissing any ones pain, but if we think we can groom our inner-selves, extracting all the bad stuff and leaving only the good, we are only going to be frustrated. (One sister recently described the sensation of trying to scrub clean a dirt floor...) At the risk of sounding glib, we can't be fixed...we need to be replaced with Christ Jesus in our character, and this is a transaction that modern counseling is not set up for.

This brings up one of those things I wrestle with a bit to understand. It is the flesh-aka the old man, that is corrupt beyond repair. Scrubbing a dirty floor indeed. But [u][b]we[/b][/u] are new creations in Christ. Even if it were possible to fully attain to that high calling Paul speaks about, we do not cease to exist as autonomous individuals. This does not mean that full maturity ever means anything less than walking fully clothed in Christ, and yet, the uniqueness of each individual is never written over and eradicated. There is a viable inner being that can be fixed, healed, cleansed, strengthened etc. Else how could Paul pray that the inner man be strengthened by the power of the Holy Spirit? (see Eph 3)

I look at it this way: Just as a branch cannot bear fruit without having it's life attached to the life giving vine, the individual branch is still the bearer of the fruit. This is one of those areas that is so delicately balanced in the infinite wisdom of God that we may never (at least on this side of eternity) fully comprehend. However, I do agree that counseling in general is an attempt to repair the corrupted old man and is therefore useless in terms of any [i]real[/i] healing.

As I wrote this a thought crossed my mind. Another way of defining this 'inner health' is simply to say a fully healthy child of God is one who has received the fullness of joy, the peace that passes understanding, and the righteousness that comes by faith, in Christ, and by the Holy Spirit. This then is what healing may boil down to; coming alongside a brother/sister and helping them discover for themselves the wonderful truth of the kingdom of God.

Linn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without this inner wholeness though, I am convinced that Godly character is impossible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'impossible' is too strong a word here, brother.

In reviewing this statment, I think I am using the wrong terminolgy. To clarify, in so far as our pain causes us to run from God, to refuse to surrender to Him unequivicably, to acknowledge our brokeness and be filled from on high...in so far as this pain holds power over us, I feel it creates such a hindrance that true Godly character is impossible, at least in its fullness. It is the power the pain holds over us that must be broken, healing in these terms may be a bit of a misnomer. This holds true no matter if the source of the pain is from guilt or past hurts or even current flawed relationships.

This is not to say that someone who still has some unresolved childhood pain (for instance) cannot be filled with the love of God and walk in some measure of maturity and Godly character. For some even, the very presence of this inner pain can aid the individual in remaining humble and contrite in their walk with the Lord, but again, in these cases, the power the pain held over them has been broken, and what is left is Godly brokeness.

I think here would be a good time to interject these thoughts. I am now fully convinced that pain is inevitable in life, [i]and[/i] that God purposesly allows us to experience it. Allow me to give an analogy that I believe is from the Lord.

I spent many years of my life living in the northern California wine region of Sonoma county, which geographically lies parallel to the better known Napa county region. I learned a lot about wine during those years. California produces a great deal of wine. Some of it can be purchased by the gallon for $5.99. The grapes used to make this swill are grown in the San Joaquin valley of California. This area has some of the best agricultural growing conditions of anywhere in the U.S. California leads the nation in agricultural output because of this vast growing region. Please note: Perfect growing conditions- inexpensive wine.

The conditions in Napa and Sonoma counties are quite different. This is mountainous land. The soil is full of clay and quite rocky. In addition, the weather during growing season has rather odd patterns. Days often reach to a searing 100-105 degreees (farenheit), while nights often drop all the way to the mid to upper thirties.

No one in their right mind would plant a field of corn on the side of a hill with nothing but clay and rock to subsist on, in an area that has such temperature extremes, and yet, when it comes to wine, this is the ideal place to plant a vineyard. You see, the best grapes for winemaking come from vines that are [i]stressed[/i]! In addition, I find it interesting that the main thing that seperates costlier wine from the jug wine is its [i]character[/i]. Hmmm, interesting...

I think it's important to note here how often wine, vineyards and vines are mentioned in the New Testament. Jesus very first miracle was turning water to wine, [i]very good wine[/i] at that. Jesus used wine to represent His blood when instituting communion. There are many more examples, I'm sure you can think of several without even trying.

One final note on the things we suffer through, it is said in scripture that even Jesus [i]learned obedience[/i] through the things that He suffered. How then can we expect to avoid the pain of suffering?

Mike said:
Quote:
Much of my pain was caused by poor moral choices. Yes there were corrupt people in my life who hurt me. But in truth I was often attracted to corrupt people...because I believed their ways could help me more then God's ways.

I think this is important and not to be glossed over. My own testimony bears witness to this. While I can point a finger at my parents divorce when I was thirteen as a major causal factor in much of my ensuing emotional trauma (oh please please feel sorry for me, please! :-? ) in reality as much blame must be placed on my role in response. The anger and outright rebellion may have been triggered by circumstance, but the sin was my own. No one forced me to hang out with the druggies and take that first toke. I have to own my choices. I cannot blame my parents for my not getting a college degree or any other regret I may have. Unfortuneately for many though, this need to lay blame on someone or something becomes a huge blockade in the process of destroying the power our past holds over us.

Linn said:
Quote:
Unfortunately, some Christians who think they know something about what is necessary for someone else to 'do' to be healed, are often armed with words like you used above, at the very beginning of their encounters with a brother or sister who does need healing from the Lord, but could not cope with all of it at once.

To a person who has already been hurt more times than they can count, and who can't feel most of how that affected them originally any more, this kind of analysis offered prematurely, is terrifyingly unnerving.

In fact, unless it is left to the person in need, to set the pace of these spiritual transactions, yet more harm can be done - not by the doctrine itself, but by turning it into a system applied externally..... when truly only the Lord is able to unravel in the right sequence, each individual's hurts and painful reactions.

When it comes to ministering to someone who exhibits obvious emotional pain, I am convinced that it must begin in intercession. You are so very right that many well intentioned people end up exacerbating someones pain through ill timed and insensitive comments. Often times even solid biblical principles can sound like empty platitudes to the wounded. Many already know the scriptures quoted. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that healing for these people must come from someone who has prayed a good deal for them first. When the Holy Spirit opens a door, then it is evident to the one in need that you are speaking truth to them out of a sincere love for their well being. I also agree that this process of growth is a step by step process, often taking longer than we'd like. Praise God for His longsuffering patience and grace. Phil 1:6 ..He shall continue that good work He began in you until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wow, I've only scratched the surface here. Hi Dian and Paul, welcome to the discussion! I hope others to will decide to share their testimonies and insights. I truly believe this is a topic that the body needs to grow in understanding.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/8/6 22:06Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: Healing the soul

I wanted to write a quick note to those of you who [i]are[/i] hurting. I am well aquainted with the extreme levels of despair emotional pain can leave you in. Please know this. NO MATTER WHAT, GOD STILL LOVES YOU. If you've come to Jesus and have been born again, He will NEVER let go of your hand. I can't begin to tell you how many times it felt like God had abandoned me. He never has. Please brothers and sisters, cry out to Him, even in your anguish, don't be afraid to weep openly before Him in prayer. He understands it all. HE is the Great Physician.

Never give up hope. If you feel overwhelmed, I encourage you to join the discussion board here. There is a section called "Miracles that follow the plow." It is specifically for prayer needs. When I first joined SI, I was going through a deep depression, despairing of life. Through this community I was able to reach out for help while maintaining relative anonimity. I could not trust anyone I knew face to face with my pain. What I got back was some great encouragement and godly wisdom as well as without doubt some powerful intercession from some of the dearest saints on the planet.

If you want to read this pain riddled thread for yourself [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15201&forum=44]follow this link[/url].

Again, please don't let the defeated one rob you of the joy Jesus died to give you. Reach out to Him, and reach out here if you need to.

[color=990000]"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." [/color]Matt 11:28-30

In His Incomprable Love,

Doug

2007/8/6 22:42Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Hi Diane,

I'd like to take a moment and respond to your first post. You said,

Quote:
Quote:

For those of us who truly desire to walk in the fulness of God's ways, bearing eternal fruit, being Spirit filled/lead etc, It is absolutely imperitave that this pain buried in our soul be removed.

Is it really? Can we not be used by God even in our woundedness - even in some way – even when the hurt comes back.

After reading several challenges to my black and white statements about the necessity of inner healing, I've come to alter my perspective. There are many sincere Christians who have wounds buried deep in their soul. Some of it is so deep they are completely unaware of it. I do not believe ignoring painful issues is God's way. I believe that until we allow God access to those painful areas in our hearts that we are severely hindered in our ability to grow in grace. I believe that in many ways, the very process of confronting our pain is one of the methods God uses to show us more of Him. When we are willing to confront our pain, we discover not only pain from childhood hurts, but also the pain of facing our own inadequacies. But this is where we grow in grace, we cannot grow in grace without having a deeper recognition of our desperate need for it. I believe pain is one tool that God uses to teach us His ways. So, getting healed of passed pain isn't as imperitive as I initially expressed. Exposing it to the light of God's love and truth, and allowing it to do the work within us God intends is. And ultimately, I do believe that God intends for us to grow in His grace to the extent that old wounds no longer hold any power over us.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/8/7 10:06Profile

Re: Healing the Soul

This is one of the oldest threads I've hoped to get back to. It is worth reading right through - which until I've done, I won't post again. For now, here is good place to start.

Doug said:

[i]'Again, please [b]don't let the defeated one rob you of the joy Jesus died to give you[/b]. Reach out to Him, and reach out here if you need to.'[/i]

[color=333399]"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matt 11:28-30[/color]

In His Incomprable Love,

Doug

2008/2/14 19:18
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

Interesting.. When I came to the Lord years ago, I had a deep emotional issue that hindered me from believing God; one that had kept me in bondage for several years in different types of fear, victimizations, unforgiveness (even though I thought I had it put away from me), anger ..... and a reason in my mind for my own moral imbalance.

But, just a few days after I committed myself to the Lord, I had this tremendous need to express to my husband (my new husband at that time, we had only been married a few weeks) some things I had never told anyone. I literally felt as though my tongue would not work; and though it was a great struggle, I spoke it all out, even those things I had great guilt over. He as just quiet and caring, not really ever being confronted by such a thing before.

(Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed..)

It was a great freeing experience to me, but, it was really only the beginning..

Now, after many years, many tears, many prayers, many stumblings, many reprimands (from both the Lord and my husband), many places of feeling desperate, I can honestly say: I am utterly thankful that the mercy of God has been extended towards me in such a way that I know that I know, that regardless of any pain, or any sorrow I feel in this life, His goodness, His love, His unbounding grace is never failing!

"For we have a high priest which can not be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points was tempted like we are, yet wihout sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and to find grace to help in time of need."

Many years ago I ran across this hymn in an old hymnal and one of the verses says this:

"Only this I know I'll tell Him all my grief, my doubts, my fears; oh how patiently He listens and my drooping soul He cheers. Do you think He ne'er reproves me, what a false friend He would be, if He never ever told me of the sin which He must see."

(I hope I didn't combine verses, it's been a long while since I've sang it and I don't have the words nearby)

Regardless of what I think, regardless of what the person next to you thinks, regardless of what the world thinks, the Lord Jesus Christ knows every single sorrow of heart that could ever enter the human soul or emotions (or whatever).

He alone knows how to pull the thorn from our hearts in order for healing to begin.

He alone pours on the healing balm in such a way, that the sweetness of His presence FAR superceedes anything heartache world can dish out.

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment(in comparison to eternity), worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory"

Christ alone knows how to speak to us, so that in every season, every step in our walk, we can be helped, we can be a help, we can be made whole. As whole-ness is in Christ, the author and finisher of our faith.

I am thankful for the things that I have read in this posting, I know that there are many people who struggle greatly.

(Please forgive my futher continuing..)
One more thing quickly.. in this world we will have trouble, we will have sorrows, we will have trials, weather from our own hand or from the hand of another matters not, the cure comes from the same source, Christ.

AND ALL THINGS, all things are meant to bring us into a place of trust and obedience to our loving and righteous Father. Who loved us so much that He sent His Son who suffered.... suffered greatly at the hands of wicked men.... suffered greatly at the hands of a friend... suffered greatly in spite of all of His wonderful works, in spite of His love..
suffered greatly FOR US.

"He was despised and rejected by men, and acquainted with grief...

Surely He hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows....

But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities,

the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."

"Earth has no sorrows that heaven can not cure.."
-Come Ye Disconsolate

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall FIND REST unto YOUR SOULS."

a sister

2008/2/14 23:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy