SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Our Attitude To Corrections ~ Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Our Attitude To Corrections ~ Zac Poonen

Reply to Mike
King David comes to mind. Can you imagine what would happen to Shimei if he threw a rock on a couple of the threads on this forum. And we are all humble and with out pride in the flesh.
Eddie

2 Samuel 16
Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head. And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the Lord hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so?
And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him. It may be that the Lord will look on mine affliction, and that the Lord will requite me good for his cursing this day. And as David and his men went by the way, Shimei went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast dust.
And the king, and all the people that were with him, came weary, and refreshed themselves there.

2008/2/4 7:19Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
by tjservant on 2007/7/28 20:54:52

Excellent word from brother Poonen. This should not be made into a sticky note…it should be glued and stapled!

Better yet, let it be inscribed our hearts!

We are commanded to be a people without reputation. Public correction is a test to see how we're doing in this area. Pride and ego have no place in the Christian's life. Correction is for our protection, as they say.

Thank you for the good word, brother Mike!

2008/2/4 7:59Profile
Jesudoss

Re: Our Attitude To Corrections ~ Zac Poonen

Very useful article.

Peter! He was not offended when Jesus his Lord rebuked him. He was not offended even when a junior apostle (Paul) rebuked him in front of others. What a humble apostle he was!

2008/4/16 9:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy