SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:
Would you not agree that that requires a revelation of Jesus Christ?

Quote:
i would definitely agree.

Quote:
Great! So it is by persuasion we might win some and regeneration by the Holy Spirit that would be the result of their hungering and thirsting if conversion resulted in a "poverty spirit", if I read you correctly.

Quote:
i would also agree with this again. i am curious to see where you are going with this.. :-)

Quote:
Indeed! So what is the sustaining message of the gospel except that by revelation from Him, is that which speaks of Sonship and Heirship and Throneship; union with the Father. Certainly this MUST be the vision that sustains the revelation He gives upon regeneration.

Quote:
i need you to clarify what you mean by this. i think i understand what you are saying, but i want to be for sure..

What I believe the message of the gospel is to be what I stated above. Hell most probably would be the result of rejecting it. Redemption is the restoration of it as a possibility in the one redeemed; the doorway to it, if you will.

BTW, What sustained Jesus when the Cross awaited Him?

Quote:
Now, if I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach? Assume much here. You would [b]soon[/b] find out who was who wasn't "poor in spirit"..

Quote:
what do you mean by "you would so find out who was who"?? what does that mean??

Please note my corrected remarked.. Sorry 'bout that.
Quote:
thanks for talking brother. this is a little better than the other thread. :-P

Amen! Its nice to have objectivity and honest inquiry coming back at me. :-)

2007/7/28 13:33
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:

the joy set before Him (hebrews 12:2). that He might reconcile God and man and thereby ensure sons and daughters for His Father. (that what i would say)
Quote:
Now, if I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach? Assume much here. You would soon find out who was who wasn't "poor in spirit"..

that by preaching this message of the crucified life, you would find out who really wanted God and who really didn't? is that what you are saying?? i believe that.
Quote:
Amen! Its nice to have objectivity and honest inquiry coming back at me.

brother there is so much that i admit, i don't know. it is a freeing thing to not think you know everything, because then you have no prideful image of yourself that you have to keep. :-)

talk to you later.

2007/7/28 13:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:

the joy set before Him (hebrews 12:2). that He might reconcile God and man and thereby ensure sons and daughters for His Father. (that what i would say)
Quote:
Now, if I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach? Assume much here. You would soon find out who was who wasn't "poor in spirit"..

that by preaching this message of the crucified life, you would find out who really wanted God and who really didn't? is that what you are saying?? i believe that.
Quote:
Amen! Its nice to have objectivity and honest inquiry coming back at me.

brother there is so much that i admit, i don't know. it is a freeing thing to not think you know everything, because then you have no prideful image of yourself that you have to keep. :-)

talk to you later.

Amen to all you have written.

Though finding no fault, the one phrase you used "Crucified life" would be changed by me to read, "the way of the Cross" since I believe that was always in the Mind of God from the beginning, His beginning. Desired in Adam who failed it was realized from/in the Man, Jesus.... the very Character of His Father.

Thanks, Phillip.

:-)

2007/7/28 14:16

Re: An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

I maybe speaking for a mass of believers that would like to go and preach the gospel, however, they know that they have not been called to be sent out.

We are not to beg people to go and win the lost, we are to ask the LORD of the vineyard to put more labourers into the harvest. Without the anointing of the holy Ghost and the laying on of hands it's pointless. Thats why many do not enter the harvest, they are waiting for the LORD to tell them to go.

We have a mess in the fields today because men have gone into the fields when they have not be sent.

God ordained Paul to be an apostle and Paul immediately after his conversion went out preaching Christ and Him crucified. Why? because that was God's calling for him, he became empowered to do that. If you go to the field and you haven't been sent, you'll only make a mess of it.

God is in no hurry like we are, He knows who are His and who shall be His and He'll have his man right there to bring them in at the appointed time.

Yes, let us pray to the LORD for more labourers to work in his vineyard. Amen

2007/7/28 14:20

Re:

Quote:
I know about that but that is not the question I asked you. You have not addressed anything I submitted to you. If you don't have any answers, say so. That's not a crime. What is a crime is preaching without knowledge.

I'm so sorry friend, Please forgive me. I wasn't able to spend much time on the internet this morning. If you study the book of Romans and preach that... You can't go wrong there. I was trying to keep it simple, without having to get into a theological debate. But, I'll try to help you a little further. Please forgive me, if it's not what you're looking for.

Quote:
What is the message of the gospel that should be preached?

Jesus said go and make disciples. How do you make a disciple out of an unbeliever? One has to be believer, right? If so, then when you preach, how should you preach? What should be your message?

1st Question: How do you make a disciple out of an unbeliever?
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1Co 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.

2nd Question: One has to be believer, right? Yes.

3rd question: If so, then when you preach, how should you preach?

1Th 2:1 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:
1Th 2:2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
1Th 2:3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
1Th 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
1Th 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness:
1Th 2:6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
1Th 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
1Th 2:8 So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
1Th 2:9 For ye remember, brethren, our labor and travail: for laboring night and day, because we would not be chargable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
1Th 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblamably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
1Th 2:11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
1Th 2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

4th Question: What should be your message?

(this isn't everything, but here are some very important points that should be in your message.)

1. The Righteousness of God
2. The Wrath of God
3. The Law of God
4. The Unrighteousness of Man
5. The Judgment of God
6. The Day of Wrath and Revelation of the Righteous Judgment of God
6a. The Faithful Enter Heaven and the Hypocrites Go To Hell
7. God’s Hell Is Preached
7a. God’s Heaven is preached
8. God Shall Judge the Secrets of Men by Jesus Christ
9. Sin Is Personalized
10. Preach the Gospel of Grace

“Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.” [Psa 34:11]

1. “The Righteousness of God” [Rom 1:17] …
I am not ashamed to preach the righteousness of God to “a generation that are pure in their own eyes” [Pro 30:12], to men who “will proclaim every one his own goodness” [Pro 20:6], and a people who are “ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness.” [Rom 10:3] “My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.” [Psa 71:15-16] “The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.” [Isa 42:21] “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.” [Psa 40:8-10] “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever.” [Dan 12:3]

2. “The Wrath of God” [Rom 1:18] …
I am not ashamed to preach “God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.” [Psa 7:11] The Word of God says, “Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee” [Psa 21:8], “God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.” [Nah 1:2] I am not ashamed of these words. Are you? Do you preach the wrath of God? I am not ashamed to preach “Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?” [Psa 76:7] “Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.” [Nah 1:6]

3. The Law of God
“But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.” [1Ti 1:8-11]

A. The 1st Commandment “they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful” [Rom 1:21] …
I am not ashamed to preach the Word of God. “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” [Exo 20:3] “thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” [Mar 12:30] “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” [Mat 6:24] “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” [Mat 10:37] “And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they show much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.” [Eze 33:31]

B. The 3rd Commandment “but became vain in their imaginations” [Rom 1:21] …

C. The 2nd Commandment “And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.” [Rom 1:23] …

D. The 2nd, 7th, and 10th Commandment “uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts” [Rom 1:24] “…covetousness, which is idolatry.” [Col 3:5] “…I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” [Rom 7:7]

E. The 9th Commandment “Who changed the truth of God into a lie” [Rom 1:25] …

F. The 2nd Commandment “worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.” [Rom 1:25] …

G. The 2nd, 7th, and 10th Commandment “burned in their lust one toward another” [Rom 1:27] …

H. The 1st Commandment “they did not like to retain God in their knowledge” [Rom 1:28] …
“The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.” [Psa 10:4]

4. The Unrighteousness of Man

“Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication,
wickedness,
covetousness,
maliciousness;
full of envy,
murder,
debate,
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenant breakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful” [Rom 1:29-31] …

5. “the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.” [Rom 2:2] … “With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.” [Psa 119:13] “The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.” [Psa 37:30] “I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.” [Psa 119:46] “My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.” [Psa 119:176]

6. “the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God” [Rom 2:5] …

6a. The Faithful Enter Heaven and the Hypocrites Go To Hell
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life: Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

7. God’s Hell Is Preached
“But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile” [Rom 2:8-9] …

7a. God’s Heaven is Preached
Rom 2:10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

8. Paul preached of, “the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” [Rom 2:16] …

9. Sin Is Personalized
Paul made sin personal to the hearer and used the Law of God to bring the knowledge of their personal sin. “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” [Rom 7:7]

“Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonorest thou God? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.” [Rom 2:21-24]

10. Preach The Gospel of Grace

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

I trust this will equip and help those who desire to preach the gospel. God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/29 0:15
theopenlife

Re:

For real, that was one of the best guides for gospel preaching I have ever read. Praise God for His word!

I may modify it into a tract.

Erin went out witnessing tonight too.

2007/7/29 2:25Profile

Re:

Sorry, my friend, none of that is what should be preached unless called for.

Your starting point for understanding the message of Jesus Christ is obviously wrong consequently your message can be nothing but wrong if attempting to make disciples. You apparently don't realize the gospel message is not about redemption but what redemption accomplished for mankind; for the one who can hear; whose heart is already to receive before you ever came on the scene.... and you don't know that one who has ears to hear. You don't know whose hearts have been prepared waiting to hear what you [b]aren't[/b] preaching.
In your ignorance you present a condemning message, while demonstrating your Bible prowess to a people you presume to be religious. About Jesus Christ, they aren't. And you aren't either if you believe Jesus came preaching what you preach.
When John the Baptist preached it was to a religious people steeped in self-righteousness. They knew the terms and the scriptures. Your crowd doesn't. With exception, John never preached a message of hope but rather rectification to an already religious people. You/Our message must be one of hope to a sick and dying world that is outside the knowledge of the Father Jesus revealed....

I hope you will consider my comments, not as belittling your effort, which I applaud, but my attempt to bring rectification into your preaching that discipling for you will be more profitable.....And I believe it will be if allowed by you.

2007/7/29 4:16
theopenlife

Re:

Ormly, would you please do a similar presentation of what you present the gospel as, or in a way that you have recently presented it?

I'd like to see the balance between each of your views.

Thanks!

2007/7/29 4:20Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Ormly, would you please do a similar presentation of what you present the gospel as, or in a way that you have recently presented it?

I'd like to see the balance between each of your views.

Thanks!

It's very simple. Own Jesus Christ. He is the sustaining message any preacher should present to a sick world. He came to save the lost and dying, not condemn them.

Anyone can stand on the street corner and shout hellfire and brimstone messages readout of a book most everyone believes contradicts itself.

Show them Christ. Reveal to them the Father's intent by restoring man to fellowship with Him. What does Father have in mind by doing it except to bring about His family of sons to rule and reign with Him. Assume everyone wants to know that and you are telling them for the first time. You will soon discover who is interested and who isn't. ... You will also find out if you left Jerusalem too soon. [Acts 1]

2007/7/29 4:43

Re:

Quote:
It's very simple. Own Jesus Christ. He is the sustaining message any preacher should present to a sick world. He came to save the lost and dying, not condemn them.

Anyone can stand on the street corner and shout hellfire and brimstone messages readout of a book most everyone believes contradicts itself.

Show them Christ. Reveal to them the Father's intent by restoring man to fellowship with Him. What does Father have in mind by doing it except to bring about His family of sons to rule and reign with Him. Assume everyone wants to know that and you are telling them for the first time. You will soon discover who is interested and who isn't. ... You will also find out if you left Jerusalem too soon. [Acts 1]

Ormly, how do you get this across?

I recently heard a sermon by an older preacher who lamented our generation. He said something to the effect of, "back in those days, everyone knew the Bible stories because they'd been taught it in school. Preaching was exhorting them to remember what they'd already been taught. Nowadays, you have to explain, step by step, the need for the Law, the need for repentance, and the need for Jesus..." (paraphrased)

How do you get through the barriers and arguments these people have been taught in school (like "people in the Bible believed in slavery", "were cruel to women", etc?

2007/7/29 5:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy