SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

A friend of mine recently asked me... "What do you mean when you said "Not every one is a child of God"? How can that be. I thought that when you are born, your God's child, even if you don't know who he is, your still his child, right? So how can not everyone, be a child of God?"

Is God the Father of all the little children?

I wanted to know what everyone here on the forums believe about this?

God bless you! -Abraham

Edit Addition:

I'm sorry, my mistake... The question is a little different from "Do babies go to heaven when they die?"

The reason why I'm asking the question "Is God the Father of all the little children?"... Is beacause, Some people believe that we are born children of God... and then we become children of the devil... and then we must become children of God again. I was wondering if anyone here believed that... and what are some scriptures that support their conclusion.

But, to be more specific, I'll give an age... say a 3 year old. (rather than in the womb) Is a 3 year old a child of God... and then later he becomes a child of the devil?

I don't see that any where in scripture. So, I was just wondering if anyone believes this and what scriptures support it.

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/26 19:53
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

If you are speaking of infants, then I believe that though they are under the effects of original sin, they have not committed any actual sin, and if they perish, are elected to salvation. This is based upon God's mercy and grace, and since I do not believe in baptismal regeneration, this makes more sense.

Now once one commits any act of actual sin, they are verifying their allegiance to their "father" Satan, as well as showing the state of their natural heart. Only by the new birth, does one become a child of God.

2007/7/26 19:59Profile
whyme

Look at John 8:31-42. Jesus speaks to the Jews and seems to indicate that some are children of the devil. Despite being created by God, they still may not be his children. the question is when did they become children of the devil. Being born that way is how some would answer. Some might say it is when they finally reject Christ.

2007/7/26 20:00Profile
LiveforGod

Good question Abraham. Well the answer is very simple. When one is born God's Blood covers the child even though he/she still has the tendency to commit sin, wich eventually will show forth itself. After some years pass the child's consciousness is awaken and sudenly he/she knows how to differentiate between Good and Evil. Then he/she makes the choice and after that he/she becomes the Devil's child. They are under the bondage of sin until the Redemer comes and brakes that chain when the person repents of their sins and start to live Holy lives that Glorify God. In that momment the person stops belonging to Satan and now is an adopted child of God allmighty.

2007/7/26 20:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
If you are speaking of infants, then I believe that though they are under the effects of original sin, they have not committed any actual sin, and if they perish, are elected to salvation. This is based upon God's mercy and grace, and since I do not believe in baptismal regeneration, this makes more sense.

I was wondering recently... If John the Baptist is an example of Regeneration in the womb. He was filled with the Holy Ghost from the womb. When people ask me that question about if babies go to heaven when they die. All I know is, we must be born again and God can regenerate a baby so that its fit for heaven. All of God's judgements are true and righteous.

But, anyway... The reason why I'm asking the question in the post... Is beacause, Some people believe that we are born children of God... and then we become children of the devil... and then we must become children of God again. I was wondering if anyone here believed that... and what are some scriptures that support their conclusion.

But, to be more specific, I'll give an age... say a 3 year old. (rather than in the womb) Is a 3 year old a child of God... and then later he becomes a child of the devil?

I don't see that any where in scripture. So, I was just wondering if anyone believes this and what scriptures support it.

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/26 20:23
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If you are speaking of infants, then I believe that though they are under the effects of original sin, they have not committed any actual sin, and if they perish, are elected to salvation.

This is the crux of the matter because to teach original sin in its completeness is to teach that we all sinned in Adam in the Garden. To be born with original sin is not to be born with just a disposition but to be born guilty of sin.

I look at it this way. Say someone's father died oweing a tremendous debt. This debt is then legally past to the children. If they can't pay, then their children, their children's children, and so on until someone or collectively they are able to pay the debt.

Until the debt is paid all descendants of the father are under obligation to pay the debt. Though they may be many generations removed, and not even posses the knowledge of this debt, never-the-less they carry their father's guilt as their own.

This is TOTAL depravity. Our guilt is such that not only did a man sin in the Garden, but Mankind sinned.

Hypothetically if Jesus were never to come, and there was no redeemer on a cross bearing this guilt before the Father, God's justice would demand that even infants born and dieing in infancy pay Adam's price. Admittedly this scenerio badly breaks down because if there were no mercy offered, Adam and Eve would have been consumed in Eden and would never have produced offspring.

Now, because of the cross, what happens to infants? I honestly don't know. My opinion is that they are taken to Heaven and are somehow covered by the blood of Jesus. What I DO KNOW for sure is that the Judge of all the earth will do what is right. With that I am content.

Blessings,
Jeremy Hulsey

2007/7/26 20:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
Good question Abraham. Well the answer is very simple. When one is born God's Blood covers the child even though he/she still has the tendency to commit sin, wich eventually will show forth itself. After some years pass the child's consciousness is awaken and sudenly he/she knows how to differentiate between Good and Evil. Then he/she makes the choice and after that he/she becomes the Devil's child. They are under the bondage of sin until the Redemer comes and brakes that chain when the person repents of their sins and start to live Holy lives that Glorify God. In that momment the person stops belonging to Satan and now is an adopted child of God allmighty.

Thanks for the reply. Could you give some scripture for each of your statements. It would help alot. I mean... for tha sake of learning from the bible, and not just what I heard someone say.

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/26 20:27
LiveforGod

Brother Abraham. I see that you want to see a verse in wich the Bible tells us what happens to children and who do they belong to. You mentioned the case of a 3 year old.

First we must know the deference between a child of God and a child of the Devil.

Who does the Bible say belong to the Devil?
1 jhon 3:8 "He that committeth sin is of the Devil.....". Good, we know who belongs to the Devil.

Who does the Bible teach belong to God?
1 Jhon 3:24 "And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him". Eccelent, we also know that if we keep his commandements we belong to God.

Now, in order for us to "Dwell" in God we must first Know his commandements so that then we may keep them. Right?
Well, if that is right then how could God charge of sin and desobidence to his commandements to a child that does not have a conscience to Know what Good and Evil are?(including what his commandements are?). If the child does not know what sin is and dies without that Knowledge then he is still Pure in the way God intended him to be at that age. Once the child Knows what Good and Bad is then that's when he/she is charged with sin if he chose sin rather than God. Hope this helped brother. :lol:

2007/7/26 20:47Profile

Quote:
Is God the Father of All the Little Children? What Do You Believe?

Yup. And he's the Father of cats and dogs and siamese fighting fish, and wierd frogs, and talking donkeys...

...humans are the only ones stupid enough not to realize it.

2007/7/26 20:50

Re:

Quote:
Well, if that is right then how could God charge of sin and desobidence to his commandements to a child that does not have a conscience to Know what Good and Evil are?(including what his commandements are?).

Where does the bibles teach that a child does not have a conscience to Know what Good and Evil are?

2007/7/27 10:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy