SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let's Get Refocussed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re: Let's get refocussed

Re: Bro Krisp: The Real You or the Old You? ...

Hello again Rahman,

No, I'm not following you round the board.... and I'm glad you did post this. It's literally exactly - using Krispy's phrase as the example - what I was sharing with a sister earlier today.

Quote:
i think what you really meant was you know the "old you"

Only, my point was that we are not 'channels only' but we ourselves are to be whole as Christ was whole - [i]being[/i] changed in body, mind and soul by the Spirit [i]while we serve Him[/i].

We are not just fleshly [i]pipes[/i] through which the Holy Spirit flows when various circumstances are all lined up correctly and we 'feel' moved upon by Him, the rest of the time being free to do as we please.

Krispy, not for a moment am I attributing to you this mindset. 8-)

2007/8/1 17:40
Rahman

What's Our Contribution to this Marriage? ...

Sis Dorcas you wrote ...

"Only, my point was that we are not 'channels only' but we ourselves are to be whole as Christ was whole - being changed in body, mind and soul by the Spirit while we serve Him.
We are not just fleshly pipes through which the Holy Spirit flows when various circumstances are all lined up correctly and we 'feel' moved upon by Him, the rest of the time being free to do as we please."

--- Amen ... there's something going on in my spirit right now that's different from anything i've experienced in Him before ... a "re-focusing" as bro Krisp's thread suggest, or perhaps even a real focusing for the first time of who and what i am in this relationship, this marriage actually, and what exactly is the part i'm to implement in this partnership ... And so these two scriptures that i've read/heard a thousand times i'm hearing now something even deeper in them ...

1Cor.6
[15] Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
[16] What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
[17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
[18] Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2Cor.4
[1] Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
[2] But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
[5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
[6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
[7] But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
[10] Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
[11] For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

... in that Holy Spirit seems to be ministering to my spirit that the main function of our partnership with Him, to the glory and honor of our Groom Jesus Christ, and His/our Father, is to keep ourselves ever submitted and surrendered before Him via what the Word points out as our "reasonable service" and/or "reasonable behaviour" in many instances ... We are married to Christ, and so we owe Him spiritual "due benevolence" which unlike what is meant by this in the flesh, in the spirit means to me a "due" 24/7, and at all times ... And also since we know we have a tendency to slip every now and then in our spiritual reasonable "due", He's given us 1 John 1:9 ... You know there once was a time when holding every thought captive and "repenting" for every little thing was tedious to me, but now i caount it as a joy as i think this must be very pleasing to Christ, and equally as disturbing to any evil forces around me ... i used to read the scripture about how He was determined to finish His good work in me as something future, but now i see Him actually doing it in my present ... One thing i'm now sure of, i've made, and am making much more spiritual progress by just "submitting and surrendering" to the Word, than when i was trying to "fight" against it ... Submitting and surrendering have changed so many areas of my life from struggle, to freedom in Him ... There's much to be said for keeping what i call onself "clear before God" ... The power in earthen vessels has a much easier time of moving, and motivating us to do what He's hearing from heaven when we do waht the scriptures above say ...

i was speaking to a sister the other night who's having her share of troubles, and in the midst of the conversation she said to me, "You're the only Christian i know who's not going thru" (meaning some kind of extremely trying difficulty) ... It shocked me actually, made me praise God for bringing me to the realization that much of what we suffer we bring on ourselves, but sad also that so many are going thru (in my circle not much joy and exhortation going on) ... But there is so much to be said about not having ones attention set on earthly things, in trying ones best to please God, in seeking His kingdom and righteousness, and being concerned with storing up treasures in heaven ... i have to admit that even for this old saint, i'm embarrased to say that these things have just recently become this important to me say in the last 5 years ...

i believe God's up to something in all our lives, the Treasure and Power already within we earthen vessels, and all He mainly requires of us is that we keep ourselves ever surrendered
to Him that He can do His work thru us ...

It's just amazing to me my rememberance of just how easy satan's unholy spirit flowed thru me and out before i got saved, but the resistance i've put Him thru once He purchased me and His wanting to flow thru me and out with His goodness just as easy ... i find myself telling Him i'm sorry about that a lot now ...

Blessings in our indwealt treasure and Power sis! ...
:-D

2007/8/1 19:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy