SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let's Get Refocussed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

I agree! I'm not sure about the true motivation of the threads in question, but they did seem to "bait" me into discussing the issues and defending individuals (like President Bush) against the slanderous allegations that were raised.

I do hope that we can let go of all of this and move forward. I will do my best to avoid the threads that seem like cheap political or divisive debate.

Thanks again for bringing this up!

:-)

2007/7/26 11:24Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re: Let's Get Refocussed

I agree Krispy... I really liked the way the forums were before too...
I gotta admit that I'm finding myself quite torn here more and more often. I want to present what I've learned from the scriptures and what God has taught me, but it seems that that's what everyone else wants to do, too, but with different conclusions. And sometimes I feel that I am under obligation to speak the other side of the issue to them because I used to believe what they believed and it inhibited me in some way.
But I'm hoping that maybe after everyone has hashed it out maybe it will stop naturally. Like the forest fires in the rainforest, where they come up to burn up all the dead leaves so that a bigger fire doesn't happen later. Then again Jesus wants us all to love one another, if we aren't loving we are sinning greatly... but some of us do express our love in different ways.

Edit: and I also wanted to add repentance to mine too. I get out of line a lot, being a youth, just rebuking elder people like I would any old peer. Bible says I'm supposed to show extra respect to you guys (gals implied), but sometimes I forget that you guys aren't my peers in the anonymity of the net.

2007/7/26 11:35Profile

Re: Let's Get Refocussed

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I want to make a challenge to all who read this and participate in this forum. While there will be disagreements on this forum, lets not make someone out to be the enemy. They are not. Our enemy is Satan. Not another believer, and not even someone who claims to be a believer but may not be demonstrating the spiritual fruits that a true believer in the Gospel should demonstrate.

Amen

Eph 6:12-13
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
KJV

You are right, satan is our enemy, and we should must not get upset when people do not agree with us. We put on the helmet of savation that only Jesus can give us. We pick up the shield of faith the the Holy Spirit gives us so we quench all the fiery darts that satan throws. We put on the belt of truth that Jesus provides and speak the truth even when it means confession of sin in our own life. We have our feet shod with the gospel of peace. We use the only offensive weapon that HE gave us against satan, which is the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, THE WORD OF GOD, which is what we do on SI, it is the standard of measure in everything we discuss and also should be the standard in which we measure each topic that is discussed on SI. HIS WORD and also should effect every aspect of our life, whatever the topic might be. There should not be a subject that HIS WORD should not shed light on, although some subjects may get very touch-e at times, escepecially if it goes against modern day culture.
I too, pray that I don't take anything personal and only state HIS WORD. I pray for the ability to not be offended by disagreement but rather making sure I am in agreement with HIM and being pleasing to HIM in each post. I pray that I don't offend anyone but if I should happen to offend, it would be with HIS truth.

Matt 5:3-10
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

2007/7/26 11:38

Re:

Quote:
I want to present what I've learned from the scriptures and what God has taught me, but it seems that that's what everyone else wants to do, too, but with different conclusions. And sometimes I feel that I am under obligation to speak the other side of the issue to them because I used to believe what they believed and it inhibited me in some way.

Hope... there is nothing wrong with that. Thats why we're here. To share what God has done in our lives and to discuss the truths that He has mercifully shared with us.

We should share our convictions and revelations in love. Sometimes there is a call to be bold and "earnestly contend for the faith"... but we can do that without getting personal about it.

At the same time, we must all be teachable. We must all be willing to learn and willing to be open to the fact that guess what... we could be wrong. I've changed my position on a number of things since I've been here because someone shared something that I hadnt considered before.

On other occasions, I've stood rock solid on my convictions.

We all need more grace, more mercy, more patience with one another... and more Jesus.

Krispy

2007/7/26 11:46
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
We all need more grace, more mercy, more patience with one another... and more Jesus.

Amen brother!

I too repent of any and all wrong doing...on any thread.

2007/7/26 11:50Profile

Re:

Can I post too Krisp ?

Guess I'm gonna anyways. ha.

This morning I posted on the "Depression" thread about how I feel here lately, but in a very joking manner.

I looked at the Scriptures and Doctrine Forum and all I saw was the same arguments that have existed for many-many centuries that have never been solved since way back when and it covered the entire Scripture & Doctrine index page.
That was looking sad to me. It's been looking like we're splitting up as a Body.

But I also noticed, that when the deeper Theological issues are posted, like when Robert posted his writing on "Gathering and the gathered" --- that very few reply to those type threads. Just look at the Articles and Devotional Thoughts sections and see how few views and replies there are and than you'll see what's wrong with us ..... Hey, AMEN ... ha, I just amened myself ..... ha ..... but it is true. We complain about General and S & D but where are we with the GREAT discussions on these other Forum sections ? Yeah man. ha.
Only if it's controversial, do we all gather around like we're watching a dog fight. Now that is sad.

Maybe if we start looking at these other Forums on here, we'll start seeing what's missing on General, S & D, and then it will even flow down to the News section after a while.

As far as this other stuff goes. I think it only really gets rough on the News section. I love peace too, but that gets really hot there. It usually always goes or will go that way because we all have our own opinion that we are entitled to but, but then folks get mad at us for our opinion, so I think that area needs more simmering down. I won't post there anymore unless it's something 'other than' those type subjects.

Harry Potter and all those others things 'will' come up and we have folks of all ages here and that's good, except as you have said, unless it gets heated but we should be open to answer things on these fringe topics for whomever.

I'm with you on love & unity between us, cuz the world does & will hate us, so we need to love one another.

We should just maybe try to get off of this "President" topic is what I think you and Chris and others are saying mostly. That's an unsolvable problem and nothing we say or do now about what we think about him will change one iota of what is and will happen. So it's senseless to be arm-chair politicians.

We need to put more meat behind what we've all just posted to this thread and if we truly want to get more spiritual, let's visit Devotional Thoughts and read more closely those type posts and post out our thoughts on them and Articles ... that will be the proof of the pudding here.

Fellowship handshake.
:-)
Thanks !!!

2007/7/26 14:52

Re:

Quote:
We should share our convictions and revelations in love. Sometimes there is a call to be bold and "earnestly contend for the faith"... but we can do that without getting personal about it.

2007/7/26 15:04

Re:

Quote:
Only if it's controversial, do we all gather around like we're watching a dog fight. Now that is sad.

Just had to bring up dog-fighting, didnt ya! lol...

I have noticed many of the same things you're pointing out. I know I've posted some thoughts on what God has been teaching me, and if it isnt controversial it disappears rather quickly.

Thats human nature. Like rubber necking as you pass an accident on the road, or someone pulled over for speeding.

As for topics like politics... it's a lot like coaching football. No matter what I do as a coach, there is always some parent who thinks I'm wrong... and doesnt mind telling me (and everyone else) that I'm wrong. You learn to ignore them.

Many of the discussions on here are like that... no matter what any of us say, someone here is going to disagree. However, sometimes someone gets involved in those discussions and hears something they never considered before. That happens to me. And I cant begin to tell you how many PM's I've gotten from people about the Bible version issue who were dead set against what I was saying, but later softened their hearts toward my words. They may not have come to the conclusions I did... but they were willing to learn and consider.

And if that happens... praise be to God.

Krispy

2007/7/26 15:06
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes its sometimes sad to see harry potter threads have 178 replies and over 4000 views, and a thread like [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18239&forum=34&2]Picture of a prophet[/url] only slides by almost un-noticed, not that harry potter is not important to discuss, but something in my gut says it should be the other way around

God bless you all

Christian

2007/7/26 15:22Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Christian,

Quote:
something in my gut says it should be the other way around

That is probably the Holy Spirit.

Murray

2007/7/26 15:29Profile