SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christians: Sinners or Saints??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Christians: Sinners or Saints??

[b]CHRISTIANS: SINNERS OR SAINTS:[/b]

Ro 5:10 - For if, when we [b]WERE[/b] enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Ro 6:17 - But God be thanked, that ye [b]WERE[/b] the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Ro 6:20 - For when ye [b]WERE[/b] the servants of sin, ye WERE free from righteousness

1Co 6:11 - And such [b]WERE[/b] some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1Co 12:2 - Ye know that ye [b]WERE[/b] Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye [b]WERE[/b] led.

Ga 4:3 - Even so we, when we [b]WERE[/b] children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Eph 2:1 - And you hath he quickened, who [b]WERE[/b] dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:3 - Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and [b]WERE[/b] by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Eph 2:5 - Even when we [b]WERE[/b] dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:12 - That in time past ye [b]WERE[/b] without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 - But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes [b]WERE[/b] far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:17 -And came and preached peace to you which [b]WERE[/b] afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 5:8 - For ye [b]WERE[/b] sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

----------------------------------------------

Ac 9:13 - Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy [b]SAINTS[/b] at Jerusalem:

Ac 9:32 - And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the [b]SAINTS[/b] which dwelt at Lydda.

Ac 9:41 - And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the [b]SAINTS[/b] and widows, presented her alive.

Ac 26:10 - Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the [b]SAINTS[/b] did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

Ro 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called [b]SAINTS[/b]: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ro 8:27 - And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the [b]SAINTS[/b] according to the will of God.

Ro 12:13 - Distributing to the necessity of [b]SAINTS[/b]; given to hospitality.

Ro 15:25 - But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the [b]SAINTS[/b].

Ro 15:26 - For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor [b]SAINTS[/b] which are at Jerusalem.

Ro 15:31 - That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the [b]SAINTS[/b];

Ro 16:2 - That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh [b]SAINTS[/b], and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Ro 16:15 - Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the [b]SAINTS[/b] which are with them.

1Co 1:2 - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [b]SAINTS[/b], with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1Co 6:1 - Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the [b]SAINTS[/b]?

1Co 6:2 - Do ye not know that the [b]SAINTS[/b] shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1Co 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the [b]SAINTS[/b].

1Co 16:1 - Now concerning the collection for the [b]SAINTS[/b], as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

1Co 16:15 - I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the [b]SAINTS[/b],)

2Co 1:1 - Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the [b]SAINTS[/b] which are in all Achaia:

2007/7/25 3:32
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Christians: Sinners or Saints??

SAINTS!!! praise God that we are not what we once were. we are children of the Heavenly Father and saints in the kingdom of God.

thanks for the scripture in the post. :-)

2007/7/25 9:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Jesse,

thank you for pulling out those scriptures, praise God we are saints in God.

I always say to people: Sinners saved by Grace does not = sinners

rather

Sinners saved by Grace = [b]Saints[/b]

2007/7/25 12:14Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Saints yes! Yet at the same time there lurks such wickedness within that if it were not restrained by Him, it would burst forth into everything we do.

If we would be honest with ourselves about how deeply rooted sin is, we would walk more cautiously, and aware of Christ's great work for us before the throne.

I have been very humbled to think that even though I may be doing "good" works, my motive can be 180 degrees from God's motive. One can see this even in something like Bible reading. We can come with a pure motive, or a motive to know more for our own pleasure, rather than to know Him.

Even our motives, are fallen at times, but praise God for His mercy and grace through Christ.

2007/7/25 13:13Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Roaringlamb said:

[color=0099FF]I have been very humbled to think that even though I may be doing "good" works, my motive can be 180 degrees from God's motive. One can see this even in something like Bible reading. We can come with a pure motive, or a motive to know more for our own pleasure, rather than to know Him.[/color]

this reminds me of something I just read by Spurgeon...

[color=009933] First, then, we are about to answer the question, WHAT ARE GOOD WORKS? Now, I dare say we shall offend many here when we tell them what good works are; for in our opinion good works are the rarest things in the world, and we believe we might walk for many a mile before we should see a good work at all. We use the word good now in its proper sense. There are many works which are good enough between man and man, but we shall use the word good in a higher sense to-day as regards God. We think we shall be able to show you that there are very few good works anywhere, and that there are none out of the pale of Christ's church. We think, if we read Scripture rightly, that no work can be good unless it is commanded of God. How this cuts off a large portion of what men will do in order to win salvation! The Pharisee said he tithed mint, anise, and cummin; could he prove that God commanded him to tithe his mint, his anise, and his cummin? Perhaps not. He said he fasted so many times a week; could he prove that God told him to fast? If not, his fasting was no obedience. If I do a thing that I am not commanded to do, I do not obey in doing it. Vain, then, are all the pretences of men, that by mortifying their bodies, by denying their flesh, by doing this, that, or the other, they shall therefore win the favour of God. No work is good unless God has commanded it. A man may build a long row of almshouses, but if he build without reference to the commandment, he has performed no good work.[/color]

2007/7/25 13:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
Brother Jesse,

rather

Sinners saved by Grace = Saints

That's very good!

Sinners saved by grace become Saints empowered by grace.

2007/7/25 23:54
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Thanks for the post! Shows clearly that we are to be saints...in the fullest sense of the word. Those that are holy.

2007/7/25 23:59Profile

Re:

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
Quote:
Brother Jesse,

rather

Sinners saved by Grace = Saints

That's very good!

Sinners saved by grace become Saints empowered by grace.

Maybe. God gives grace to the humble.

2007/7/26 8:25

Re:

Also remember Titus 2:11:

"For the [b]grace[/b] of God [b]that brings salvation[/b] has appeared to all men, [b]teaching[/b] us that, [b]denying ungodliness and worldly lusts[/b], we should [b][u]live[/u] soberly, righteously, and godly, [u]in this present world."[/u][/b]

2007/7/26 8:32

Re:

January 10th

The opened sight

To open their eyes, . . . . that they may receive . . . Acts 26:18.

This verse is the grandest condensation of the propaganda of a disciple of Jesus Christ in the whole of the New Testament.
The first sovereign work of grace is summed up in the words— “that they may receive remission of sins.” When a man fails in personal Christian experience, it is nearly always because he has never received anything. The only sign that a man is saved is that he has received something from Jesus Christ. Our part as workers for God is to open men’s eyes that they may turn themselves from darkness to light; but that is not salvation, that is conversion—the effort of a roused human being. I do not think it is too sweeping to say that the majority of nominal Christians are of this order; their eyes are opened, but they have received nothing. Conversion is not regeneration. This is one of the neglected factors in our preaching today. When a man is born again, he knows that it is because he has received something as a gift from Almighty God and not because of his own decision. People register their vows, and sign their pledges, and determine to go through, but none of this is salvation. Salvation means that we are brought to the place where we are able to receive something from God on the authority of Jesus Christ, viz., remission of sins.
Then there follows the second mighty work of grace—“and inheritance among them which are sanctified.” In sanctification the regenerated soul deliberately gives up his right to himself to Jesus Christ, and identifies himself entirely with God’s interest in other men.

Chambers, Oswald: My Utmost for His Highest : Selections for the Year. Grand Rapids, MI : Discovery House Publishers, 1993, c1935, S. January 10

2007/7/26 8:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy