SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : God provided a home...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

God provided a home...

Hello...

My wife (Mireya) and I were married in March. As can be expected, there are a lot of earthly concerns in a marriage. We both have completed our Master's Degrees and I am currently working on my PhD. We have both taught at the University level last semester, but my wife recently accepted a position at a special emphasis public high school.

While she would have preferred remaining at the University level, this job will allow her to have her student loans forgiven (quite a financial bonus)! She actually began her new job today with an in-service (since it is a year round school)! I've been searching for a better job myself. The school currently only offers short-term contracts, which isn't very encouraging when preparing for long term expenses. I'm waiting to hear from several places to which I have applied. Please remember this in your prayers.

We have actually been praying for a place to call our own. Following our honeymoon, I actually moved in with her. She and her sister's family rented a nice three-bedroom trailer. Since room was limited, I have actually been living/working out of boxes for the last few months. Needless to say, this has been somewhat difficult. We began praying that the Lord would provide a nice, inexpensive place to live.

Today, our prayers were answered! We found out that we were approved to rent a nice two bedroom home! It is quite spacious, with two large bedrooms (both with huge walk in closets), a study (thank you, Lord!), and several other nice rooms. It is located just outside of town, but still provides all of the privileges of town (trash pick up, high speed internet, city water, etc...). Best of all, it is fully furnished with nice, new furniture! As newlyweds, we were a little limited in our belongings. And believe it or not, our rent will only be $400 a month -- and the owner (a believer) will pay all bills except electricity!

I just wanted to share this small testimony, and thank those of you who have remembered me us prayer. Please remember us as we are in search of "career" jobs. I applied for a position as the Museum Curator at a large, nearby museum. The job pays extremely well, and I learned that I am a finalist for the job. I am waiting to hear about several other jobs that I have applied for, including a full time teaching position at a local college.

Thank you in advance for your prayers. I wanted to encourage all of those newlyweds out there (and soon to be newlyweds) that the Lord indeed has his eye on a couple of little sparrows.

:-)

2007/7/23 12:08Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: God provided a home...

Thank you brother for posting !!!
May the Lord lead you to right Job

May God keep both you growing in the Lord,
may he help you to walk in "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; May he give you greater faith as he leads you and opens new doors for you..

God bless
charlene

2007/7/23 12:21Profile

Re: God provided a home...

Chris,

This is great news. Thank you for sharing the detail. May you both fully enjoy all your new responsibilities. I look forward to hearing which job the Lord has in mind for you... :-)

2007/7/25 10:52
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you, dorcas!

We are currently cleaning and moving into the home. It has taken quite a bit more work than we expected, but it will certainly be worth it in the end. We are extremely satisfied with this house!

Please continue to pray that I might find a full-time, long term position. One of the positions that I applied for is as a Museum Curator for a large, nearby museum. I would actually work in the building next door to my wife. Last night, I received an email from the Museum. They told me that they are encouraged that I applied, and that I will be scheduled for an interview in about three weeks.

Please continue to keep my wife and I in your prayers!

:-)

2007/7/25 11:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy