SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dr. Ron Paul, Next Christian President?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Hey, you did give us Paul Brandt. He's kinda cool. (Canadian country music singer and born again Christian)

And Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future), and Jim Carrey (The Mask), and Shania Twaine (Country Music), and William Shatner... sorry about that one...

Hehe.

Back to Ron Paul...

2007/7/24 16:31

Re: Dr. Ron Paul, Next Christian President?

Krispy said

Quote:
No surprise, my dear sister... I disagree with you.

Hi brother (dear, of course), I see why you think [i]all[/i] my posts are long... I'm not hoping for a protracted argument, but I wonder if you'd say on what you [u]dis[/u]agreed with me, just with a quick quote?

Meanwhile, let me add one thought to Tyndale's exposition - remembering he was writing at a time of definite persecution of Bible believing Christians. It is that I'm thinking through the reality of - say, natural disaster (because of the flooding in England I had to think about yesterday), famine, war and other means,,, for instance fuel restrictions and so on - being separated from people by physical geograpby.

This touches on the thread about Rumours of Wars, naturally, because the fact is, each individual Christian (remember some of us don't live in family groups and don't have an ex Marine to protect us), have to know from the Lord what He would want us to do if we were in danger.

Would I leave on foot? Would I stay? What would I do for money? Or would I drive as far as I could if I had gas...? What about my (big) kids?

This reminds me of the choices facing the victims of Katrina... which at least was survivable if one had means. But, what 'means' really count for eternity, in the actual face of an enemy beating on your door? Probably you know better than I, in natural terms, but I don't even know that!

I think this is why I am so encouraged by what Tyndale wrote. So I really am hoping it's not with [i]him[/i] you disagree.

2007/7/24 19:38
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:
And Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future), and Jim Carrey (The Mask), and Shania Twaine (Country Music), and William Shatner... sorry about that one...

And you gave us (UK) Lennox Lewis and Greg Rusedski and we...what have we done for Canada? Well, you're in the Commonwealth I suppose... Does Canada have more in common with the UK or America though, I don't know. Sorry, this is quite off topic.

2007/7/24 20:37Profile

Re: Ron Paul: The Christian Conservatives Choice for President in 2008

whoa, I thought we weren't sposed to talk about politics on this forum?

so now we can?

ok, put your seatbelts on.

2007/7/24 20:42
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

I'm voting Krispy for president.

2007/7/24 20:56Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:
Back to Ron Paul...

I would just like to clarify my recent post concerning Ron Paul... I am in quite disagreement with his political philosophy of libertarianism, but agree that he's the best of the candidates, which still wouldn't make me go out and vote for him.

2007/7/24 21:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
...what have we done for Canada?

We've been asking the same question since [i]The War of 1812[/i] - when an intoxicated contingent of Canadian soldiers burned down the Whitehouse for his majesty, the King of England.

The only other people I know of that have destroyed the White House (other than drunk canucks) were the aliens in Independence Day...

2007/7/24 21:33

Re:

Quote:
I'm voting Krispy for president.

Vive le Revolution!!!

2007/7/24 23:11
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

guns ey?

brethren Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved. AMEN.

bro Krispy

Quote:
I own a lot of guns, and I am a licensed firearms instructor. There are very strong reasons why guns are in the Bill of Rights: A man with a gun is a citizen... a man without a gun is a subject.

*Note to self: don't try and sneak into bro Krispy's house...* :-P

i don't have any guns but i know several people who have lots of them. i had thought of buying one but them bad boys cost a lot, perhaps you could give me one...my birthday is October 1 and i will p.m. you my mailing address. ;-) :-P My wife was against the idea and in the end i felt no leading of our Lord to get one. i am of the conviction that He will not be surprised if someone does roll up on me with a gun and until my work is done, i'm not going anywhere. that being said if God so moves me, i'll be gun-shopping.

Quote:
Way more people are killed in America with automobiles than guns... ban the cars first.

you know i think we here need to learn how to drive all over...having been driven around Europe at speeds which would land one in jail here (very safely i might add) i must say, Europeans are very good drivers...

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/7/25 0:18Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Krispy for Pres?

?oh i can hear "hail to the chief" now...make me your v.p. bro!

bro Krispy i would like to ask though about this which you said:

Quote:
I'm gonna get flamed now for showing my red, white & blue side... but believe it or not, it's possible to be a Patriot and still love Jesus.

shouldn't one be a Lover of Christ [i][b]first[/b][/i]? i don't think it's incidental you put patriot before Christ, that seems a common thing in America and in other places too i'm sure. i will say that having lived in Zimbabwe most of my life and having spent a good amount of time here, Zimbabwe is home, messed up as it is at the moment. i long to go back there, but really what i long for is Home...when my work is done i will fly home. :-D

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus. AMEN.

2007/7/25 0:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy