SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for my boss

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: prayer for your boss

Sister Danielle,

I have not seen you on the site for several hours now and wondered if you may have been in touch with your boss or his family or associates and have any more news.

The more I have thought about and prayed about your boss, and reread the email that he sent you, the more precious the privelege to be a part of praying for all of you. I believe this is an extraordinary relationship between employer and his family and employee that you have related here, rare and precious.

May God intervene so that the pain both emotionally and physically will be made more bearable by His Holy presence during this time.

Clint

2007/12/28 23:58Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Brother,

It has blessed me so tremendously that people here at SI are inquiring about Charles, a man they don't even know. I was thinking about this yesterday and I had such a longing to post some things about Charles, who he is, what he's like. But it's almost impossible to summarize 10 years of a friendship in a paragraph. Hopefully Broclint, you will be able to meet him for yourself during one of your visits to Baton Rouge.

How thankful I am for the prayers and concern for Charles. So very thankful.

Danielle

2007/12/29 6:06Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

I hope and pray that Brother Charles has improved. Has he come home from MD Anderson?

I keep returning in prayer for this family and all his loved ones and you... I know all too well that seemingly unbearable ordeal of waiting and waiting and hoping and praying and waiting.

I pray God intervenes with healing if it be His will.

Clint

2008/1/2 14:03Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

One of the partners was able to talk to Charles yesterday and he was having a good day. The doctors have told him that he's going to be at MDA for a while. We don't really expect him to be back any time this month and perhaps even longer than that.

God bless you brother for your prayers.

Danielle

2008/1/3 5:09Profile

Re:

Strengthen Charles, Lord, in Jesus' Name. Thank You!

GOD BLESS you Danielle!

2008/1/5 21:26
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

This is an update we received from Charles' wife the first week in January:

As of today, Charles has been in the hospital for 48 days.

These past weeks have been the most difficult times we’ve endured thus far. Charles has physically suffered greatly yet in the midst of his pain he continues to encourage and pray for those entering his room. Just last night he told me of his new friend, Jasmine, who returned at the end of her 12 hour shift to thank him for praying with her that morning.

The doctors tell us that Charles remains critically ill. We’ve been told that few survive GVHD as severe as his. His GI tract is severely damaged causing immense abdominal pain, he has 57 lbs. of excess fluid and developed a blood clot in his arm just yesterday.

In the midst of it all, we have seen God numerous times. God has delivered Charles through ICU. (We were blessed in ICU with a doctor who graduated from LSU!!—doctors from all over the world at MD Anderson and we get the hometown doc who actually lived with Charles’ local oncologist during Hurricane Katrina). Charles was also delivered from a threat of GVHD of the liver and a life threatening blood pressure issue. We’ve witnessed a doctor shake her head in puzzlement and disbelief that Charles’ liver, blood pressure and severe body tremors resolved. The doctors have done all they can do. They simply say, “We will wait and watch.”

The odds against Charles are enormous. Sometime it seems impossible but I am thankful for God’s reminder this morning in Psalm 64, “BUT GOD” and “SUDDENLY”. I am praying and believing as verse 8 says, “That all who see Charles will too shake their heads in amazement and will declare the work of God and see what HE has done.”

2008/1/21 6:05Profile
Nellie

Re:

Father,
Touch Charles.
We all know nothing is too hard for You.
In Jesus Name.

2008/1/21 9:46Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying.

2008/1/21 12:15Profile

Re:

Thank you for the update Danielle. Praying for Charles' wife. The Lord have mercy on them all. To His Glory.

Waiting to hear about Jordan & Clint.

Praying all resolves there and the pneumonia is stopped short. Amen.

2008/1/22 1:10
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Thank God that we can go to Him in prayer, as the song "What a Friend in Jesus" says, "Everything to Him in prayer".

Still fighting the pneumonia here, but that is a small issue upside what Charles' family is having to deal with... I know He know's, and will continue to seek.

Clint

2008/1/22 6:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy