SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A New Country Song That Satan Must Be Proud Of

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Ginny, I am curious to see what you mean by this?

It is simply that [some] OSAS people say once you are saved it will not impact your lifestyle. So if you are saved, you can still live for the flesh and God will not judge you because you are still 'saved' and will still go to heaven. This philosophy is as widespread in the south as the fireants that plague our yards....

Make sense?

ginnyrose

2007/7/20 14:41Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: A New Country Song That Satan Must Be Proud Of

Quote:

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [i]are[/i], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican
[b]Lk 18:11[/b]

Not really sure why this comes to mind... ;-)

2007/7/20 14:48Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
It is simply that [some] OSAS people say once you are saved it will not impact your lifestyle.

I see your point, but would also like to know if those who espouse such things preach the Gospel of that was preached by Clavinist men before such as Whitefield, Edwards, etc.

It seems to me that people pick and choose what parts of theology they like, and then throw out all the rest. Sadly, this has happened with much of Reformed theology. People like the perserverance part, but not the depravity or regeneration part.

I figured this was what you were talking about, but did not want to jump to any conclusions.

2007/7/20 14:48Profile

Re: Krispy

you wrote:

Quote:
It's very difficult to witness to southerners because of this type of deception.

why do you think that is?

Could it be that the south never really repented from the most satanic of sin visited upon this nation, by stealing a whole race of people from their motherland, packing them, chained onto boats, sailing for America, and then enslaving them, treating a HUMAN BEING as property, splitting off families, husbands from wives and children, and selling them as slaves, working them to death, whipping their backs open, breaking their bones, raping slave women, forbidding people to read, for the sole purpose that they not be able to read the Bible or worship, because slave owners were afraid that if a slave got to know the Word of God, his eyes would be open to the utter depravity of his master, WHO probably went to church every Sunday and worshipped in hyprocrisy, while he committed the foul sin of treating a fellow child of God as property.

Do you think that this might play into the deception of what some term the "Bible Belt"?, especially in fact of the light, not 40 years ago, we had to send in federal troops so that a black woman could attend a university,protecting her from the white southern mobs baying for her blood, sending in the Attorney General 40 years ago, so that blacks IN THE SOUTH, could be given the right to vote?

I know its been 144 years since the Emancipation Proclaimation, and in many aspects the black community in America is dysfunctional, but slowly they are healing, and I notice the prime agent of healing within the black community is the Church, plain and simple.

I didnt write this post to get you riled or to start an argument, but just to ask you that question. And if you say, "no, slavery had nothing to do with it", that's fine, you disagree, to which I in turn respectfully disagree, simply because one of the Gospel Messages Jesus carries is that of reconciliation, man to God, and man to his neighbor.

To heal as a nation, I think we should prayerfully explore the notion of racial reconciliation, and doing away with all the symbols of a repressive slavocracy that cursed our nation.

Lord love you.

2007/7/20 15:34

Re: Krispy

Hey, there's my boy Ne... uh, worm! Hope you're blessed brother. Interesting comemnts that require further pondering. Sadly, people of all colors are perishing in deception under our whorish north american church system though so Im not sure how far you can take what you said, I do see where you are coming from though.

be blessed brother - Jim

2007/7/20 15:41

Jimmy

but you must admit, that within the northern ghettos, sometimes the only Beacon of Light, That is Jesus, is preached from within the most humble of storefront churches.

True, some storefronts are hellish scams, but others are places where a young black man, fatherless, can be mentored, by a Spirit filled black preacher, who might be the only man he comes in contact with that isnt dealing, fornicating, gang-banging, etc.

in the urban center I'm in, in the worst ghettos, you see only two things, Harold's Chicken shacks and storefront churches, so many, sometimes three on a block, humble and plain, and when I see these, two things I feel...I praise and worship Christ, and realize that some of these people are so beaten down, that they have come to realize the only TRUE LIGHT is Jesus, and all they want to do is gather IN HIS NAME.

and when one goes to worship or a prayer meeting in some of these Churches, you can feel the holy desperation.......holy desperation is foundational to revival.

Lord love you too...stay safe.

I talked to our bro in Riverside, and it was joyous.

2007/7/20 15:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
It seems to me that people pick and choose what parts of theology they like, and then throw out all the rest.

You got that right. All they like to talk about is love but fail to realize love is the flip side of the wrath of God on all sin which must be repented of if you expect to spend eternity with the LORD. When you come to the LORD repentance will be demonstrated by your lifestyle.

The lyrics shared by Krispy in the original post on thie thread do NOT demonstrate the mindset of a mind that has been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. This song stands in stark contrast to the songs written by Fanny Crosby, Ira Sankey, Homer Rodheaver, Issac Watts, and others. If you have no hymnal, go to a thrift store or a used book store and buy and old church hymnal and compare those old songs with the drivel you hear today that is called Christian. Notice the contrast.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/7/20 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
This philosophy is as widespread in the south as the fireants that plague our yards....

Kudzo, I think, is a better analogy! LOL

Krispy

2007/7/20 16:09

Re:

Quote:
Could it be that the south never really repented from the most satanic of sin visited upon this nation, by stealing a whole race of people from their motherland, packing them, chained onto boats, sailing for America, and then enslaving them, treating a HUMAN BEING as property, splitting off families, husbands from wives and children, and selling them as slaves, working them to death, whipping their backs open, breaking their bones, raping slave women, forbidding people to read, for the sole purpose that they not be able to read the Bible or worship, because slave owners were afraid that if a slave got to know the Word of God, his eyes would be open to the utter depravity of his master, WHO probably went to church every Sunday and worshipped in hyprocrisy, while he committed the foul sin of treating a fellow child of God as property.

Well... no. And yes. But then again... no.

America allowed slavery to happen, not just the south. The biggest port until the late 1840's for slave auctions was Philly, PA. Up until that time slavery was all over the US, not just the south.

As the north industrialized the need for slavery became less and less. There was no wholesale repentence of the northern states about slavery. It simply was not needed any more.

And regardless of what the government schools teach you, the War Against Northern Aggression was not about slavery... it was about taxes.

Now, having said all that, let me assure you that slavery was a scourge, and the war ended the right way for America. The philosophy of the Confederacy was flawed and never would have worked, and the end of slavery obviously needed to happen. It's unfortunate that it's taken well over 100 years for black people to get to where they are today... and this country has a long ways to go yet.

I think the south bears a guilty conscience about slavery. But the north is not without it's guilt either. We could talk about the carpet baggers after the war. We could talk about General Sherman's terrorism of the south, and the harm he wrought on innocent people.

It's all bad.

And once in a while I run into a yankee who wants to beat me over the head about slavery. I take exception to that... I wasnt there. I never owned slaves. I love people of any color. And to the best of knowledge my ancestors were poor dirt farmers who never even saw any slaves, much less owned any. When my ancestors fought in that War, they fought to protect their homes from terrorists like Sherman... not to keep slaves that they didnt have to begin with.

So... I kinda agree with you, but I kinda dont. I'm not taking up an argument with you, just dont think you have your facts straight. It's pretty common to blame the south for slavery when slavery in this country started long before the southern colonies were even settled. It started in the north. It began with enslaving indians, and then the British brought Africans in as trade... into NORTHERN ports... such as Boston.

Krispy

2007/7/20 16:18
theopenlife

Re:

Just to throw this out there for Ginnyrose, having lived amongst Southerners (and other similar humans) I don't see Calvinism having so much to do with it, as a hybrid theology.

Compare them to the five points...

Ask these people if they are radically separated from God by sin, extensively unwilling and unfit to approach Him. They will deny this!

They deny that God chooses His elect without regard for works, because they want to receive their own credit. Their God doesn't choose anyone, they chose Him!

They deny limited atonement ("Christ died for everybody equally" they say.)

The sometimes deny irresistable grace, if they perceive it as "God forcing" anything.

They definately don't believe that all true saints persevere in holiness and biblical faith to the end.

They are at best Antinomians, and often Arminian.

Not wanting to make a deal of this, but vindicating a misconception where possible.

2007/7/20 16:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy