SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God hate sinners as well as sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: OPEN AIR PREACHING....

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6655&forum=36&13

2007/7/20 15:19

Re:

GrannieAnnie,

I thank God that He is Love! But I don't want this to be personal everybody, I want to discuss a attribute of God that is good, holy, and just.

"The LORD gave instructions on how men are to be Good Fathers.GOD is 100% like that but then some."

It seems to me like you god is a supreme man. And by the way from your last message. God and Satan aren't battling it out. God is supreme over Satan, and still in control and on the throne.

2007/7/20 15:22
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I like this Annie.

In the book of John does he not say “your father is the devil”…That would mean they are not his children…???

Once again I am not of the “hate crowd” just asking questions so that we may all benefit.

2007/7/20 15:22Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Jimmie,
Punishment does not denote hate. It denotes the consequences of foolish actions. If I punish my son or daughter it certainly does not mean that I hate them, but that they willingly and willfully (did I say will? jk :-)) disobeyed my commands and incurred the punishment they had been forewarned about. The present dispensation is one in which the Spirit of God is striving with man, reaching out to him in love and compassion. We are certainly in the Isaiah 61 year of the favor of the Lord. Yet Jesus purposely did not finish reading Isaiah 61:2 - He announced only the season of favor and grace. The end of the verse however, speaks of the day of His vengeance. That is when the wicked will be punished. There is a set time in which the sinner can repent and flee from the coming wrath. If they ignore the clear storm warnings and do not seek refuge in the Ark which is Christ they will inevitably pay the consequences. This doesn't mean that the Lord hates them, but that they did not follow the presecription of salvation. (I know that I am coming from a non-calvinist viewpoint so this may be tossed out by some immediately.)
Jeff

2007/7/20 15:24Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

TJ,
When Jesus speaks of the children of the devil, he is speaking to non-believing religious jews. It seems the staunch religionist who posses the gnosis knowledge of God w/o the ginosko (experiential) knowledge of God are those who experience and incur His wrath more than any other group. Those who would throw the prostitue and tax collector into hell w/o thinking twice and yet see themselves as "heavenbound" due to their head knowledge and deeds - these are the ones who, in scripture, were given the most condemning of titles and bleakest of futures.
just my thoughts,
Jeff

2007/7/20 15:30Profile

Re:

fire-

What is your take on Romans 9:13 also..

As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Did God hate Esau?

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/20 15:31
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thanks Jeff

2007/7/20 15:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
There is a set time in which the sinner can repent and flee from the coming wrath. If they ignore the clear storm warnings and do not seek refuge in the Ark which is Christ they will inevitably pay the consequences. This doesn't mean that the Lord hates them, but that they did not follow the presecription of salvation.

I don't understand why all this is centered around man. It's man centered. Wheres God's glory and soverignty? It's as if man is in control and God's hands are tied

2007/7/20 15:33

Re:

God hated esau

2007/7/20 15:34

Re:

Quote:
It seems to me like you god is a supreme man. And by the way from your last message. God and Satan aren't battling it out. God is supreme over Satan, and still in control and on the throne.

The GOD/man CHRIST JESUS WHO IS GOD MY SAVIOR.

The battle ~ read JOB.

My GOD has a Capital "G" in His Name. Thank you.

2007/7/20 15:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy