Surely your words come from some worldly wisdom
This is not the wisdom that comes from above

Your brothers and sisters are part of My body
My body that I live through upon this earth
Though you see no value when you look upon them
I loved them so much I poured My blood forth

All men shall know you because of your love
By this they will know you belong to Me
So tell me, dear watchman, where is your love?
How is it demonstrated to these?

Make no mistake, I will call to account
My children who live unholy lives
Encourage and teach, instruct and exhort
But remember the duty of judgment is Mine

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
James 3:17-18

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13

2007/7/17 21:22Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Sounds like Clang, Clang, Clang

thank you for posting this.

2007/7/17 21:34Profile
Talkn2u

Broken One...
That is incredibly good! and so to the point.
You are GIFTED!!!
Bonnie

2007/7/17 21:48Profile
loveroftruth

About Clanf Clang Clang

I have copied and pasted this one to print out.

How many times have I been like Ephesus, all my discernment and doctrinal ducks lined up in a row, but bypassed by the Lord for revival because my love for God does is quenched by a lack of love for others. The doctrine discernemnt and devotion remain, but Jesus chooses not to use them.

Love costs, but is the wisest investment there is because we invest in the Lord Himself.

2007/7/18 0:05Profile

Re: About Clanf Clang Bong

Danielle, thank you for all of your posts.

I only get riled up when I see others splitting over simple doctrines or when one starts picking on someone who doesn't deserve it.

Whether it's a nut wanting to strap a bomb around his waist and kill everyone at the vatican or not talking to others anymore because they are either Calvinist or Arminian or asking a very loving sister if she loves them or mocking someone who's trying to help us keep up to date on the latest news and happenings.

I think my time here is over and I just want to tell you thank you again for setting my eyes back to those wonderful quiet times with Christ that you write about so often.

I know that not everyone here knows I haven't been able to reply to PMs because of my settings, but if someone posts on the News section, they are trying very hard to be a brother to us and try to keep us abreast of what is going on out there in the world. They should be commended for their bravery and heart for us all.

LORD Bless and take very good care of each other.

See you all soon enough.
LOVE.
Annie

2007/7/18 0:54
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Dear Brokenone,

Your poem really blessed and convicted me!
I see it as a answer to my recent post about judgemental attitudes.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17998&forum=35#141181

narrowpath

2007/7/18 13:42Profile
bluinos

All men shall know you because of your love
By this they will know you belong to Me
So tell me, dear watchman, where is your love?
How is it demonstrated to these?

Well, the only way that I can possibly describe it is like this: on a dark dreary night, when all you could hear was the wind blowing on the leaves and swaying them back and forth. When a group of soldiers approached me. It was time; it was time for me to demonstrate my love for them who were asleep as well as for those who had approached me. At that moment my brothers were awaken from there sleep as they saw, as they witness, as they heard the accusations. I was taken in front of a multitude and asked a hundred questions, as to who I was and why did I speak that way and heal so many on the Sabbath, all I could do all the Father would allow me to do was to stand. I stood there as they hit me, as they spit on me, as they pulled my beard, and called me all sorts of names. They then gave me a large piece of wood two pieces of wood attached together, and demanded that I carry it up a hill, every time I would fall because I was weak and in pain from the beating that was given to me prior too. Nevertheless I had to carry those two pieces of wood and place them on my shoulders. Finally I had reached that mountain but now the worst was about to happen, I had to endure a nail, a nail piercing my skin, my bones, tissue and muscle, I had to endure the throbbing on my hands and on my legs. I had to endure the thorns that pierced my forehead as the blood dripped down my face, down my chest, arms, and legs. I had to endure my nakedness in front of a multitude. All of this because I love them.

=========================================================

I would recommend and encourage you to read
Norman Grubbs – False Faith

I had the opportunity to read much of his writings as I lay in a room for countless of hours.

What are we to endure for the sake of the Cross, for the Gospel, the name of Jesus Christ? Too often we as Christian think that this life this Christian walk is easy, it is not easy which makes it all the more precious.

We think that we for the sake of the Cross, for the Gospel, the name of Jesus Christ, we will not endure hardship, that we will not be attacked for the sake of the Cross, for the Gospel, the name of Jesus Christ?

WE must learn to embrace what ever comes our way as Jesus embraced the Cross, for the sake of the Gospel and in obedience to his Father’s will.

Are we truly soldiers? Are we willing to endure what comes our way, rejection, persecution, matleylism and so on for the sake of the Cross.

Ah names we can endure, but can you endure being struck in your body.
Paul was struck, he walked with a thorn on his flesh, we can only imagine.

Jacob was struck, and Jesus was struck the Apostles were struck, the Elders those that came before us, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Hezekiah, King Johasepheth, David, Jonah, Daniel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, I call them Elders’ because they came before us, and they all had to endure a test.

A Test may come in different forms, nevertheless a test is a test.

Count it all joy when all kinds of trials come your way, for when your faith succeeds in facing such trials the result is the ability to endure, make sure that your endurance carries all the way without failing so that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing, for he who lacks wisdom must pray to God that will give it to Him.

Blessed are you when they speak evil of you FOR my name sake for did they not do the same to the prophets.

May we rise up as the Shulamite women in saying All is Well.

2007/7/18 17:16Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

Wow these are great poems! Very true.

2007/7/18 18:11Profile

The Lord Bless You.

2007/7/18 19:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy