SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Japan Quake Damages NukePowerplant - Releases Radioactive H2O into Ocean

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
No, there isn't, but you stated the Apocrypha was apart of the Septuagint, I just want to clarify that 2 Esdras wasn't even included in that either, only in the Vulgate & 1611 KJV, mainly because it was written too late.

"The original language was probably Hebrew or Aramaic, from which a Greek translation was made; however, none of these versions exist. The work, which most critics date after A.D. 100, is a response to the destruction (A.D. 70) of Jerusalem." See Apocrypha; J. M. Myers, I and II Esdras (1974); J. H. Charlesworth, ed., Old Testament Pseudepigrapha (Vol. I, 1983); M. Stone, Fourth Ezra (1990).

It's canonical in the Ethiopian, and Russian Orthodox Churches.

And apparently "often cited by fathers of the church".

"Critics have widely debated the origin of the book. Hidden under two layers of translation it is impossible to determine if the author was Roman, Alexandrian, or Palestinian."

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Esdras]II Esdras - Wikipedia[/url]

You're right about II Esdras not being in the Septuagint. My bad.

Like I said, read it or don't read it and make up your own mind.

2007/7/17 17:37
jordanamo

Re:

Oops. Wrong thread.

2007/7/17 17:43Profile

Re: Japan Quake Damages NukePowerplant - Releases Radioactive H2O into Ocean

thanks for the article.

I want to veer towards something else here; you know where Jesus tells the disciples if they have a cloak, to sell it and buy a sword?

True, Jesus meant it in a literal way, but, also I believe he meant it also in a metaphorical way, meaning the old Boy Scout saying: "be prepared".

I'm not talking about turning into a some weird paranoid fear soaked "survivalist", BUT it would be wise and prudent, to always have ON HAND in your primary dwelling enough, water, food, and illumination to stay parked in your house for thirty days, minimum.....and you can include cash and some forms of house self defense, but that's up to the individual.

Another area I want to address, I believe that we MUST re-examine nuclear energy electrical generation for the 21st century using 21st century technology.We need MORE nuclear power plants, not less. We must veer away from coal. As a Democrat, when I speak of this, it doesn't make me the most popular guy in the room, but neither does my pronouncement that abortion is murder, so there you go.

I noticed you quoting from Apocryphal writings, I say this gently and respectfully, no man can know the Day of the Lord, when it comes, it will come so suddenly, so steathly, so abruptly, the world won't know what hit it, until its over.

and don't pray for it either, because if we are still in these "tents" when it happens, watch out, because the word "woe" will be the byword of the day.

Glory to God.

2007/7/17 18:48

Re:

Quote:
and don't pray for it either, because if we are still in these "tents" when it happens, watch out, because the word "woe" will be the byword of the day.

"Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light... Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?" (AMOS 5:18-20)

2007/7/17 22:31

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy