SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : North Korean Evangelist Faces Death for His Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 North Korean Evangelist Faces Death for His Faith

[b]North Korean Evangelist Faces Death for His Faith[/b]

Son Jong Nam awaits public execution because of his faith. For more than a year, the former North Korean Army officer who became an underground evangelist has been beaten and tortured.

His younger brother, Son Jong Hoon, was on Capitol Hill on Thursday pleading for his brother's life. He spoke through a translator.

"He really wants to know if he is still alive or not," the translator said. "What he doesn’t understand is why North Korea treats Christians as criminals.”

Todd Nettleton with Voice of the Martyrs said Son Jong Nam's journey has been tragic.

read more: http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000005051.cfm

2007/7/17 12:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: North Korean Evangelist Faces Death for His Faith

Quote: "It's just almost unbelievable that in 2007 he would be executed simply for being a Christian."

Fact is, when widespread persecution breaks out, this will be the norm.

Whether 2007, 2010, 2020 etc, it won't be considered unbelievable.

However, he should be in our prayers.

Let's see what God does.

God bless.

2007/7/17 12:37Profile

Quote:
Son Jong Nam awaits public execution because of his faith. For more than a year, the former North Korean Army officer who became an underground evangelist has been beaten and tortured.

If they execute him, it'll be because all their torture and commie mind control techniques failed to destroy his faith in the Lord Jesus. Hallelujah!

Amazing how frightened communists and fascists and athiests, and other-ists are of the "meek and lowly Jesus" that they go through all this trouble to "reform" Christians... and when that fails, executes them.

2007/7/17 13:28
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

This man is our dear brother. What a humbling and very convicting thought for me.

2007/7/17 14:11Profile

This story kinda makes light of many situation us Americans get our feelings hurt about, because no one asks us to sing a special on Sunday morning or some other trival thing huh. Also puts a little light on the separation of church and state issue. I know God is going to say well done and good and faithful servant to him. Hopefully and prayfully he will be released and come to America.

2007/7/17 17:24
jarona

The Earth

I read some stuff about how a number of NKs' have swam to China to escape North Korea and then they end up getting saved in China; and going back to NK to preach the gospel pretty much facing the fact or planning on getting martyred. I also read some stuff about how in SK they launch baloons with bibles or gospels in them and people risk their lives picking them up because their is heaps of soldiers out and about collecting the balloons with gospels or christian literature and if a christian or citizen picks one of the gospels up then they are very likely to get shot at while attempting to pick one up if a soldier happens to see them doing it. (these are not the exact words I read word for word but my interpretation of what I have read) --- Jaron

2007/7/17 18:42Profile

don't worry. They are many more evangelists in NK and NW China spreading the Gospel, its just being done so quietly that it doesn't make VOM, or YWAM,etc...trust me. I recieve many emails from people that have the admonition on them, "please do not forward".......have faith, this saint's matyrdom will not be for nothing.

The NK regime is on its last legs and revival will once again, as in 1907, grace Pyongyang and spread throughout North Korea. Have faith.

2007/7/17 19:28

jarona

yes....and that is just the tip of the Iceberg.

America sends out the most missionaries at 10,000 plus, do you know which country is a close close second?

South Korea.

2007/7/17 19:30
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: jarona

Hebrews 11:35-38 (ESV)

"...Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, so that they might rise again to a better life. Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated— of whom the world was not worthy—wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth."

This world is not worthy of men like this...praise the Lord!

2007/7/17 19:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy