Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : "Spirit of fear" Rom 8:15

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: fear and the consequences

Chanin,

Once again you have provided more helpful consul.
Thank you, will be passing this along to my wife as well as taking it all to heart myself.

2004/4/27 9:42Profile
truth_seeker

Re:

i clicked on this thread because God has been slowly teaching me about the fear in my life too. how strange it was to read that i'm not the only one! something God has really been pouring into me is that fear is the opposite of faith. if we fear the things of this world, we cannot put all our faith in God, thus leading to a place where it's "impossible to please God" (without faith it is impossible to please God) And if we can't please God, then fear is binding us to a life of constant condemnation, guilt and dissatisfaction about where we are with God (in a negative sense). But, as I was reading the Bible one night, God showed me the verse in 1 Corinthians 12 (i believe) where Paul is talking about the different gifts given to the church by the same Spirit of God. And guess what one of those gifts is?? The gift of faith! Since then, I've been praying for the gift of faith so I can please God. And I know God will give it to me and to anyone else who asks because of the promise in Matthew of our Heavenly father knowing how to give good gifts to His children and that he gives to those who ask. This has helped me tremendously and I pray God burns it in all you too.

Stirring,
truth_seeker

2004/4/27 13:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy