SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I Hate your Feast Days

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Danielle

do you love me?

2007/7/13 15:30
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: With a name like Worm, how could I not?

Worm,

I love you with the love I have for the brothers and sisters in Christ. Have I posted something to make you think otherwise? If I have, then brother, I am truly sorry.

Danielle

2007/7/13 15:54Profile

Danielle

Quote:
Have I posted something to make you think otherwise?

not at all! no no no. I was just referencing the reinstatement of Peter in John, where Jesus asks Peter three times "do you love me?", but in the Greek, Jesus asks do you agape love me? and Peter responds as you, I phileo (brotherly) love you, and the last of the three Jesus asks Peter, do you phileo love me? To which Peter responds affirmatively, but the point I'm trying to make is this: Notice each time, Jesus gave Peter a different command:

Feed my lambs.

Take care of my sheep.

Feed my sheep.

agape? phileo. agape? phileo. phileo? phileo.

Feed my lambs.

Take care of my sheep.

Feed my sheep.

That's the heartbeat of the Ekklesia, the Assembly, right there.

I came out of left field and asked, "do you love me?" and you're first reflex was to assume that you said something of offense to me. That's how we've all been conditioned, because young zealots, or old zealots, or legalists, or religionists or our own minds and flesh constantly ram a version of the Lord Yahweh, Jesus, that's angry with us, hates us with fury, for our backslidden lukewarm corruptions, and fornications, and all the stuff that will send us flying into a fiery eternal hell,so much so that when a person asks you, "do you love me", like a knee jerking when a doctor taps it, we immediately assume that we done something WRONG, instead of knowing the Truth, which is God is love.

Oh, don't mistake God is 10 times to the gadzillionth power many many other Things, all Divine, but simplfied Jesus is love, and that is what our assemblies should be.

and that's the problem I have with young zealots on street corners. Would to God they go to the desert, the desolate places with a jug of water and a Bible, lay on their faces, and beg Christ to reveal Himself in all His Glory.

and what form would He take? what would He say?

trip to the desolate places and one will see and hear.

Thats all I had to say, dear sister Danielle, agape and shalom.

2007/7/13 17:04
SaintLina

Mexico

Re: Danielle

Great article! How gracious our Lord and King has been in not pouring out His wrath on these buildings after all the mocking that they do Sunday after Sunday. Praise God, He hasn't done that yet, for I believe some of His elect are still in there,that need to come out from among them.

2007/7/13 21:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
How gracious our Lord and King has been in not pouring out His wrath on these [b]buildings[/b] after all the mocking that they do Sunday after Sunday

What does God have against [i]buildings?[/i] Spurgeon preached in a building; Zac Poonen teaches in a building; Puritans pastored congregations that met in buildings. It's not really about [i]buildings,[/i] is it? It's about heart conditions. The wrong spirit can meet in a house church or park as easily as in a million dollar, stained-glass cathedral.

Brother Paul

2007/7/13 21:13Profile
SaintLina

Mexico

Re:

My dear brother, of course our blessed Lord has no problems with buildings. But I don't think He is pleased with calling a building His church. He did not shed His blessed, precious blood for four walls, but for a spotless bride. So I refuse to call a building the church, for that is not the church. I don't think that is unbiblical? Blessings to you.

2007/7/13 22:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
I competely understand the heartcry and the message of what Josef writes, but there's something off about it, and I do not write this in diviseness, or rancor. let me just excise a few of his quotes, that have a "hate" filled edge to them, rather than a Gospel sweet, "faith...love....and hope" cant to them.

"Hate" filled edge? Are you saying the LORD has a hate filled edge when He says:

[i]Amo 5:21 I [b]hate[/b], I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.[/i]

If you are talking about hating sin and its effects, then Amen! My words have a hate filled edge!

If you're talking about hating hypocrisy, then Amen! My words have a hate filled edge!

If you're talking about hating the practices of greedy dogs, stupid shepherds (as Isaiah said), and covetous pastors, who lord it over the flock of God eager for filthy lucre, then Amen! My words have a hate filled edge!

If you're talking about hating lukewarmness, compromise, and Laodicean Christianity, then Amen! My words must certainly have a hate filled edge!

In fact, the Word of God seems to also have a "hate filled edge" in both the Old and New Testaments:

[i]Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psa 45:6-7 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and [b]hatest wickedness[/b]: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but [b]Esau have I hated[/b].

Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou [b]hatest[/b] the deeds of the Nicolaitans, [b]which I also hate.[/b] [/i]

If this is the kind of "hate" your talking about, the kind of hate that flips over the tables of the money changers, smashes idols, preaches against sin, and crushes the heads of serpents, then Amen! May I never fail to have such a hatred!

[u]However, if you're talking about hating people, you are very terribly mistaken![/u] We are to be lovers of men, and lovers of God! However, may we never be caught loving the feelings of men more than we love the souls of men! The reason I wrote that article over a year ago was to wake certain people up who play the religious game twice on Sundays and then live in willful, continued sin the rest of the week. God loves them people, and I do too, but God hates such deeds and "feast days", and I do too. Amen.

2007/7/14 0:23

Re: Josef

I say this in love, please listen, get a 7 lb bag of ice, get two of them gallon thermojugs, you can find them in a camping supply store, the kind with straps and you can drink out of, divide the ice between the two jugs, fill them with water, get a cheap tent that has flaps that come down, coz you need the air to be able to blow thru the tent during the day when it gets to be 120 plus degrees in the SoCal High Desert, and pack your Bible.

go to google, go to maps, hit the "get directions" button, punch in riverside then punch in adelanto california, make sure you hit the "hybrid", which is a melding of a map and a satellite photo, when you get that map, punch it closer, you'll be headed north on 15, then you'll turn onto 395 towards Bishop/Adelanto, once you get north of Adelanto, between that town and Shadow Mountain Road, you'll see nothing, just dirt desert roads, the Lord will tell you which one to turn off, drive 3 or 4 miles till you see nothing. If you come upon a wash, that's a dry creekbed, and the banks look even a little steep, don't go thru it, washes are treacherous, trust me I know, turn back around and find another desolate dirt road, there's plenty of them, and never, but never pitch your tent in what seems to be a dry wash, cause they can turn into a raging torrent when the desert gets it summer rains......

when you find the spot, pitch the tent, lay your bed roll out, take a drink of water, and stay there for four, five, however many days you need and just pray and fast, and read and be in the Word, I'm being very serious, because dear brother, you are starting to sound like another young zealot street preacher I know, and that isnt good. It's a very slippery slope down to Smock Lane.

I said what I had to say in my initial post to you, and you come back rip roaring defensive, and that is fine my dear brother, but pray God He burns you out in the High Desert should you heed my words. I don't care how many posters come on this forum, and "yes and amen" you, and stroke your ego, I said what I had to say, and that's an end of it, I love you in the Lord....dearly.

...and where is Patrick? Isn't he there with you?

anyway, God bless you and safe travels, trust me in the Lord, a trip to the High Desert alone WILL yield fruit.

ps edit:

Quote:
The reason I wrote that article over a year ago was to wake certain people up who play the religious game twice on Sundays and then live in willful, continued sin the rest of the week.

you do what I just told you to do, you wont be playing no games, especially when your water runs out, it'll just be you, the Lord and the desolate place, see what happens.

2007/7/14 1:53

Re:

Thanks for the suggestion, Nie.... I mean worm4Christ. I was hoping my responses would provoke you to give me your name, but I failed because it didn't work. :)

Yes, Patrick and I are both here in Cali. He's doing fine.

May the Lord bless you!

:-) :-)

2007/7/14 15:02

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:

Your analogy sounds good but I will stick with the Apostle Paul...

Sounds good to me.

(Gal 5:13 My friends, you were chosen to be free. So don't use your freedom as an excuse to do anything you want. Use it as an opportunity to serve each other with love.
Gal 5:14 All that the Law says can be summed up in the command to love others as much as you love yourself.
Gal 5:15 But if you keep attacking each other like wild animals, you had better watch out or you will destroy yourselves. )

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up TOGETHER, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed TOGETHER groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded TOGETHER for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

Also:
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

2Co 5:16 We are careful not to judge people by what they seem to be, though we once judged Christ in that way.

I personally like Jesus:

Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Mat 9:11 Some Pharisees asked Jesus' disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and other sinners?"

Mat 9:12 Jesus heard them and answered, "Healthy people don't need a doctor, but sick people do.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Although the church is not a building.
Most churches offer far more good than harm. But I tell you Jim, I keep looking for grace and love in your writings, it's nowhere to be found.

You used this scripture, but it says
2Co 6:14 Be ye not UNEQUALLY YOKED together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

(Not:
2Co 6:14 Be ye not YOKED AT ALL together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?)

2007/7/14 15:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy