SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : God's Garden Secret

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

God's Garden Secret

Nothing is impossible with God, Luke 1:37, but all things are possible to those who believe Mark 9:23. As a people we are divided and as I ponder why, I believe this is the answer. Jesus said all authority in heaven and earth was given to him, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. John in revelation gave us a picture of heaven and we can see that Jesus was recognized as King. On the day of Pentecost the disciples were all together in one accord. They were in agreement that he was King and the power fell. The reason we don’t see the power fall in the church today is that we are not all together in one accord that he is King. Yes he gave mankind a choice, in 2 Chronicles 7:14, he said if my people, if, Joshua said choose this day, choose. If we detect a lack of confidence here, it is not in God but in man. The choice each must make is to acknowledge him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
John 15:5-8
5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; have an influence on others for Christ, apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

How do we show ourselves to be disciples?
John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
KJV

When we read the parable of the seed sower starting in Matt 13:3 we must examine ourselves to see which categories we you fit? Has the devil quickly stolen the Word as soon as you received it was sown in your heart? Has trouble and persecution because of your service to the Lord caused your enthusiasm to fade and you have dropped out? Has the devil sown thistles in the field and choked out the Word. Has the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches chokes out the Word and made us unfruitful. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It is very important to understand this parable.
Mark 4:11
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
KJV

This passage has been a revelation to me for understanding of HIS WORD. He not only gave the parable he explained it in detail.

Luke 8:5-9

5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

9 And his disciples asked
KJV

Luke 8:9-21

9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Jesus' Explaination
He didn't want anyone to miss this.

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
16 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.
19 Then came to him his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
KJV

2007/7/11 5:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy