SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope: Other Christian denominations not true churches.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Pope: Other Christian denominations not true churches.

Quote:
"I don't know what motivated it at this time," she said. "But it's important always to point out that there's the official position and there's the huge amount of friendship and fellowship and worshipping together that goes on at all levels, certainly between Anglican and Catholics and all the other groups and Catholics."

This really is confusing, you have official RCC documents from Trent and Vatican II affirming one thing and the liberal ecumenical trend that is affirming something else, it's hard to tell just where a Catholic stands these days.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/7/10 16:31Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: Pope: Other Christian denominations not true churches.

This reminds me of an Ian Paisley message
[url=http://www.hallelujahharris.com/]The Black Pope & His Murder Men; By Ian Paisley[/url]

2007/7/10 16:32Profile

Re: Heaven or hell?

Quote:

worm4Christ wrote:
I'm not going to open up that can of worms, BUT, I got a very strong sense, a follower of Jesus is going to be very very surprised at whom one sees in Heaven and whom one doesn't see.

Fear God, love Mercy and Justice, stay humble, follow Jesus. Thats my marching orders.

Amen! There may even be a few popes in heaven, those who realised who the only true Father is, and bowed before Him. The roots of the Catholic Church are in apostacy from the true God, but that doesn't mean doctrinal correctness, and sticking to the Bible only, saves anyone either!

The true Church isn't in buildings made by human hands - or organisations - whether they're called Protestant, Catholic, Evangelical, Reformed, Salvation Army, Pentecostal, Charismatic, or whatever.

But most of those on this thread know that already!

Jeannette

2007/7/10 16:58

Re:

Quote:
by worm4Christ

I'm not going to open up that can of worms, BUT, I got a very strong sense, a follower of Jesus is going to be very very surprised at whom one sees in Heaven and whom one doesn't see.

Fear God, love Mercy and Justice, stay humble, follow Jesus. Thats my marching orders.

W4Christ, I wouldn't say this thread is about "individuals", but about a System of beliefs.

Richard Wurmbrand taught me that. :-)

2007/7/10 21:55

Grannie Annie

Quote:
W4Christ, I wouldn't say this thread is about "individuals", but about a System of beliefs.

I know that, but I'll tell you this, there might be those who profess adherence to the "right" system of beliefs, that ain't nothing but folks mouthing words, hiding up a heart of darkness, and there is only One who can determine the paths of a mans heart, that's all I was saying.

Now about the priest craft of the roman church, sister I get positively medieval, when I think about predatory homosexual child molesting roman catholic priests still running amuck. all those poor kids.......Christ testifies as to what awaits those who stumble the little ones.

2007/7/11 0:43
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Grannie Annie

Quote:
Now about the priest craft of the roman church, sister I get positively medieval, when I think about predatory homosexual child molesting roman catholic priests still running amuck. all those poor kids.......Christ testifies as to what awaits those who stumble the little ones.

Is there any difference with the Protestant denominations that allow the same in their midst?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/11 0:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is there any difference with the Protestant denominations that allow the same in their midst?

no.

but it seems there is an institutionalized component behind these monsters.

But i see your point, and one name comes to mind...Haggard. Though it was not children he was after, only male prostitutes and crytsal meth, all the while he was head of the NAE.

2007/7/11 1:03
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother wrote:

Quote:
but it seems there is an institutionalized component behind these monsters.

Not only an individual but entire denominations have entered into this type of apostacy. The United Methodist, the Presbytarian church, the American Episcopal Church and parts of the Luthren denominations are just a few of the institutionalized components behind the monsters.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/11 1:09Profile

rookie

Quote:
Not only an individual but entire denominations have entered into this type of apostacy. The United Methodist, the Presbytarian church, the American Episcopal Church and parts of the Luthren denominations are just a few of the institutionalized components behind the monsters.

amen.

All of it is just religious division.

Lord, save us from religion, let our feet trod the narrow path of faith in love in Jesus.

amen.

2007/7/11 10:33

Re: rookie

The sad thing is that the great majority of evangelicals who can clearly see the hellishness of the Roman Catholic System are themselves living under only a mildly reformed version of it.

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/11 10:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy