SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Majority of Canadians Believe God Had Part in Creation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Majority of Canadians Believe God Had Part in Creation

[b]Majority of Canadians Believe God Had Part in Creation[/b]

A recently-released Canadian Press-Decima Research survey revealed that 60 percent of Canadians believe that God had a role in creation.

Out of 1,000 respondents to the poll that was taken June 21-24, only 3 out of 10 people expressed that evolution occurred without the help of God.

The results are surprising for a nation that is normally thought to have favored a more scientific view of life void of religion.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com

2007/7/7 13:29Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Majority of Canadians Believe God Had Part in Creation

My personal experience goes against these findings. I find almost everyone I speak to deny the truth of a creator God and say either that "I am god" or that they are athiest.

2007/7/7 13:35Profile

Re:

That's good, but just believing that he exists alone, the devil that and knows he only has a short time.

2007/7/16 22:07

Re:

Actually they are one in the same. The athiest actually believes that he is God himself. He believes in his God, which is in himself, and it goes without saying he believes in a false God. And if he could only turn from a lie to the truth and believe in the one true God he could be saved.

2007/7/19 12:40
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
My personal experience goes against these findings. I find almost everyone I speak to deny the truth of a creator God and say either that "I am god" or that they are athiest.

Maybe it's influenced due to the fact that compared to other provinces/the country as a whole, British Columbia has less professing Christians (55% or so), which according to statistics have been declining. They also have out of the provinces one of the largest non-religious affiliation minorities at 35%. It may be higher in Victoria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia#Religion

In comparison, a province like Quebec is 90% Christian, mostly Roman Catholic, and Ontario at about 70%... so B.C. seems unique among this, which likely influenced your views on the country as a whole.

2007/7/19 13:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy