SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Somebody Please Help Me Pray for My Children

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Somebody Please Help Me Pray for My Children

Somebody Please Help Me Pray for My Children
The Preaching Journal of Abraham Juliot
Jan 25, 2007 11:58 PM
I went witnessing today. God really worked. He led me to people that where really open and ready to hear the gospel. It's a rare thing to find someone who quickly realizes they are a guilty sinner in desperate need of mercy, yet no one has ever took the time to preach the whole gospel to them. It makes me want to weep and sob. The thought, that there are billions of people in bondage to sin (against our Lord Jesus)... ought to bring great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. They love death, for they hate God! Should we not weep? There are so many people going to hell. I find that when I pray for people as if they are my own child, I am seriously grieved for them. I shared with around 10 people today. I imagine that they are my own children. That means 10 of my children are on their way to hell... 10 of my children are in bondage to sin!... 10 of my children are not walking with God! Oh, I imagine them when they where younger, maybe 5 years old... at an age that I could be a father or a nurse to them. I have 5 girls and 5 boys, dead in sin and going to hell! I cannot help but weep. Somebody please help me pray!

Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.

Jer 9:1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Jer 14:17 Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow.

1Th 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:

1Th 2:11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,

2007/7/6 23:48
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: Somebody Please Help Me Pray for My Children

Quote:
The thought, that there are billions of people in bondage to sin (against our Lord Jesus)... ought to bring great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. They love death, for they hate God! Should we not weep? There are so many people going to hell. I find that when I pray for people as if they are my own child, I am seriously grieved for them.

Brother, this has brought such conviction to my heart the moment I read it. I cannot say that I have ever thought of the lost as my own children, or grieved for their lost-ness as if they were my own.

Thank you for sharing this.

Danielle

2007/7/7 0:00Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Thank you for this brother.

"In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

"And they told him all the words of Joseph, which he had said unto them: and when he saw the wagons which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of Jacob their father revived:" -Genesis 45:27

2007/7/7 11:24Profile

I have two children and although both have walked the isle and made the profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their savior I don't discern that they have made HIM LORD, which is a requirement. I can only compel them each time I have the opportunity to do just that. I can remember my Dad compelling me to do the same when I had walked the isle, signed the card, been water baptized but no fruit. I can only pray the same outcome as with me and my Father will one day arrive. The son will not talk too much. He has made the statement " can you not talk about anything else". My daughter is a police officer and I am not quiet as bold in attempting to silence me. I will pray for your children and please pray for mine. Also my grandchildren that they may in the midst of a lost and corrupt generation know HIM and HIS ways.

2007/7/7 20:46

©2002-2022 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy