20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer For My Pastor

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

Prayer For My Pastor

Hey Brothers and Sisters,
I haven't been 'logged in' in quite awhile, but I check in constantly.

I would like to ask you to pray for my Pastor, Pat. His wife Joyce went home to be with the Lord today. She had cancer over the last 3 and a half years. Pray for our church body, as well, please. Thanks. God bless.

2007/7/6 3:16Profile

Re: Prayer For My Pastor

Dear Brother Josh,

I know personally what it's like to loose someone through cancer. I will be in prayer for your pastor and your church. Thank you for letting us know, where by we here at SI can join in with you all for prayer as the body of Christ.

Brother Julian

2007/7/6 4:21
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Thanks Brother. God is Good. Thank you for all of your prayers.

2007/7/8 1:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like to ask you to pray for my Pastor, Pat. His wife Joyce went home to be with the Lord today. She had cancer over the last 3 and a half years. Pray for our church body, as well, please. Thanks. God bless.

Brother Josh,

I will be in prayer for Pat. This is terrible but the Lord has purposes in it all.

Quote:
Friday, July 06, 2007
A day without; 7-6
Today was my and my family's first day without Joyce. Last nite in bed in the middle of the night I thought I felt Joyce's arm touch my shoulder and face; it sort of jolted me awake as I realized she wasn't there. My theology doesn't leave room for such things - but my heart and soul and spirit crave another touch, a whisper, a wisp of a kiss. And of course I long for the day I will see her again in glory.

I slept Ok but woke this morning feeling so empty and sad and sort of aimless. My kids and I had to take care of some things at the mortuary this morning - and I was able to see Joyce's still smiling body one last time. I wept harder than I ever had - and kissed her one last time on her now cold lips - it was still sweet. Then we quietly headed home; took care of some errands and just prayed for the day to be over. Our granddaughter Kaylee was over for a few hours and she always brings a special joy to all of us.

I think we have settled on initial plans for her memorial service. It is being planned for Sat, July 14 at 11:00am at Emmanuel Faith Community Chruch in Escondido, with a reception immediately following. More on that later - for further info just call Calvary Escondido - 760-489-6255.

In His Arm's,

Pat and family

we will all be in prayer for Pastor Pat.

Quote:
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Anniversary
7-7-07. 34 years ago it was 7-7-73 and Joyce and I shared our vows and became husband and wife. How odd it is to not hear her voice or melt at her smile on this day. I still expect her to pop around the corner and ask me something. But two days ago, death parted us. She's in glory now and forevermore. I have more days appointed here before I can see her again. And I have more days to press on with life and ministry both for my family and my church.

Today we began planning for Joyce's memorial service. Pray for strength and peace as we prepare for Saturday's service.

In His Arm's,

Pat and Family

2007/7/8 1:38Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Thanks for the reply Brother. The memorial service will be on Saturday the 14th. Love you, Greg.

2007/7/9 21:27Profile

©2002-2022 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy