See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God Hears Our Sighs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

God Hears Our Sighs

God Hears Our Sighs
Psalm 79:11
“Let the sighing [groaning] of the prisoner come before thee.” The nature of a sigh will suggest to us some important particulars connected with the state of bondage spoken of in the text. A sigh is an unexpressed declaration. Although we do not speak, still we can tell a long tale of sorrow with a sigh.… Now, I direct your attention to this, because it is a perfect picture of the spiritual condition in which some men are. They are not loud in their complaints.… Theirs is not the character of men in strife; but of men bearing a heavy burden, which presses from them an evidence of what they endure. And if any of you, brethren, thus walk in sighs and sorrow before God, he takes these sighs as applications to him for relief.… Let me encourage you, brethren, not to spare the evidences of your state. There are times … when the spirit is so weary that you feel that you cannot speak. Much might at such a season be spoken by a sigh.… Pour it forth, and it shall reach the throne. And here it will prove to be not only an unexpressed declaration of your state, but also an unexpressed wish for deliverance therefrom.… Your longing, your sorrows, when they are not fulfilled, your sad thoughts,—“Oh! when shall I be delivered from the burden of my sin, and from the coldness of my heart!”—all these wishes were your sighs, and they have been heard on high."
(P. Power, TOD)
Charles H. Spurgeon, ed., The Treasury of David.

2007/7/5 9:23Profile

Re: God Hears Our Sighs

Thank you Pastorfrin,

This is where I was, especially yesterday.
I woke up with such a heaviness that I couldn't shake and tried to do things to pull myself out of it.

Today I knew what it was. It's because my daughter's husband of 5 yr.s is dying and I'm 500 miles away and can't do anything for her, except what little we can talk, when she's able on the phone.
I'm praying I'll have the wherewithall to get up there in the Fall to help her with her two children, my grandbabies.

I'd like to thank you and ginnyrose and Roniya and Danielle and Kire and Hmmhmm and running2win and Corey and ce4 and Talkn2u and Charlene and moe and the whole bunch of others for bringing such joy to my life.

No one in my family lives down here. They're all up north or out west, so my Church family and friends and you all mean more to me than I can tell.

You've helped me just since this May to get through more than I can post here right now.

The Love down here especially on Devotional Thoughts is so tangible. It's quiet here and the fellowship is sweet as Heaven ,,, or as close as one could get just yet :-) .

Thank you for this message. I was looking for one that poured it out the way I'm feeling just now.

It reminded me of these ....

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Please pray for my daughter and unsaved family and my Pastor and that I will learn how to handle this disability I've been blessed with. Ha.

Bless you ALL.
You all have been friends and family to me.

Even when Annie goes off her rocker. :-?

Thank you!

2007/7/18 22:12

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy