SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any Suggestions on Gospel Tracts?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Any Suggestions on Gospel Tracts?

I am involved in street preaching in the UK and wonder if anyone of you has come across some useful tracts that really challange people. As many of you, I am not a friend of the soft gospel.

Also it would help to get some tracts in Arab, Hindi, Punjabi, Mandarin, and Polish.

narrowpath of London

2007/7/3 18:38Profile
theopenlife

Re: Any Suggestions on Gospel Tracts?

Personally, I like my own. Perhaps you could design and print some? It's reaaallly cheap that way. 5000 for $120.

Here's mine, for an idea.

[url=http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-designed-tract.html]Tract 1[/url]

[url=http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/2007/04/another-tract-i-made-today.html]Tract 2[/url]

2007/7/3 20:02Profile
jarona

The Earth

at http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org you can get free gospel tracts that can be ordered online and you can also get tracts in different languages including hindi, arabic, and polish languages. Also you can buy some tracts in the english language from www.wayofthemaster.com they have some really awesome gospel tracts in my opinion. To me it is well worth the money for how great the tracts are. You should definetly check those sites out!!

2007/7/3 20:52Profile

Re:

narrowpath- if you would like a custom tract made I would be happy to do that for you (no charge of course) just pm me. Then you could take the files and have them printed at your local printer for around the same price that you would pay to buy somebody elses.

With the recent terror activity on your shores, you could use something to that affect to grab peoples attention.

Also as mentioned [url=www.wayofthemaster.com]www.wayofthemaster.com[/url] has some great tracts calling out sin and calling for repentance, however they tend to come up short in speaking fo the miraculous transformation of the new birth and counting the cost / forsaking all.

in Christ - Jim

2007/7/3 21:58
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Hi NP,

Go to this website: http://www.wmpress.org/index.shtml

They print tracts in 318 languages, so you should be able to find what you need.

Jordan

2007/7/4 22:59Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Any Suggestions on Gospel Tracts? - a little testimony

Thank you guys for all your replies and encouragements. I want to encourage you all with a little testimony from last Saturdays outreach about the usefulness of tracts in different languages.
3 of us met on a Friday evening for prayer for the outreach on Saturday. It is good to first reach up before you reach out. We really felt God's anointing in the prayer meeting.
On Saturday morning there were about 20 of us from 4 different churches and we were allowed to put up a little table with literature in the pedestrian zone of Hayes near London. We were a very mixed crowd, white and black, young and old, Indians, Pakistani, German, Polish, Malaysian, PhD holders, construction workers and even a babies.

We sang, we gave out tracts, we witnessed one to one and to crowds. One of us preached to the passers by. I saw an old toothless man, dressed in a white garment who seemed to be from the Middle East, presumably from a Moslem nation. I stood there and tried to talk to him, but he did not understand English. He came to our stand, sat on a bench and asked me to sit with him. Then some of us gave him a tract in Urdu, the main language spoken in Pakistan. He opened the tract and was very excited about the content. There was also an Urdu speaking woman among us who witnessed to him.
When we finished our outreach he followed us back to the church were we met in the morning. He sat down and his face shone. He placed his hand on his chest and smiled at me. I heard that the next day he visited the church and later came forward for prayer. I do not know if this man is now truly saved, but I was really flabbergasted how God touches the most unlikely people. There were also a couple of other people that came to the church through the outreach who came forward for prayer, one of them for prostrate cancer.

Philip

2007/7/9 18:45Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thanks for sharing that story, Philip.

It is so exciting witnessing for Jesus. Just this past Saturday my church family went witnessing and a young lady was able to lead two girls to Christ and my pastor also led a young boy to Christ. This was so exciting because for a couple of days I had felt a burden to pray that this trip would be fruitful and by God's grace it was. The Lord is good!

In Christ,
Jordan

2007/7/9 21:04Profile

Testimonies in tracts to me are the best. We overcome the evil one by the word of our testimony and the blood of the lamb. True real life stories of God's working power in lives make awesome tracts.

Also teachings that stimulate faith and produce a fire-like hunger that shows how you can apply it to real life and see it work for youself.

2007/7/11 2:01

Re:

Bump.

Thank you narrowpath & co.

2007/7/11 14:56

Quote:
I am involved in street preaching in the UK and wonder if anyone of you has come across some useful tracts that really challange people. As many of you, I am not a friend of the soft gospel.

Dear Narrowpath,

I was planning to respond to your post a while ago, but somehow the intention left my mind and came to nothing. Please pardon my lateness, brother/sister.

But about tracts: months ago somebody recommended to me a online resource/ministry with tracts, booklets, etc. I checked it out, and since they were free resources, I decided to order some. When I received them later (I had even forgotten I'd ordered them), I was pleasantly surprised. Tracts by Horatius Bonar, Charles H. Spurgeon, J. C. Ryle, Arthur W. Pink.

They are not meant to get quick professions of faith in Christ, but deeply probing, scriptural, spiritual writings that I would and have used myself. They aren't formulaic, such as a "seven-step way to salvation" or something--we know Ryle, Spurgeon.

[url=http://www.mountzion.org/catalog/lit_contents.html]Here[/url] is the website. It is a faith ministry called Mount Zion, based in Pensacola, Florida. They give free materials for discipleship, tracts, etc., even overseas.

Honestly, I haven't read much of the stuff, coz I only ordered a few tracts, trying to tell what they were by their name, but what I received was really good. I got gracts called "The True Church" and "Are You Born Again?" by J. C. Ryle, "Strength Against Sin" by Horatius Bonar, "The Way of Salvation" By A. W. Pink... these are the ones that stood out to me. But I have not dug very deep into this resource.

Overall, I sensed great humility in the letter and materials I received, with no mention of donations, etc. This is the best place for Gospel tracts/give-away literature that I have found so far. A lot of it is directed at backslidden believers; not just the at the unbelieving.

In Christ,
Slavyan

2007/7/17 18:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy