SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

I do believe in a joy that comes after weeping. I do believe in a biblical holy laughter...

Psa 126:1 A Song of degrees. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Psa 126:2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
Psa 126:3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
Psa 126:4 Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.
Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

I also believe in a an unholy laughter...

Luk 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Luk 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luk 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Luk 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
Luk 6:25 Woe unto you that are full for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Please watch this Video. What kind of laughter do you think Kenneth Hagin & Copeland have? Holy or Unholy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxJmM54gzKc

2007/7/1 16:59

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

Hi,

Don't think I want to see it!

I saw a video of Kenneth Copeland and Rodney Howard Brown, several years ago and it was horrendous! They seemed to have teeth like wolves and the eyes of dead fish. I remember an old man someone brought up onto the platform. They "zapped" him so he fell down. He looked utterly frightened and bewildered - especially frightened. When he tried to get up one of them put him down again. It was utterly horrible - seemed like a form of spiritual abuse!

A friend said she thought Kenneth Copeland had improved in recent years so I looked at his website. It is very upbeat and encourages faith that God can do something if you have a need. So maybe it would help someone who was depressed or had lost hope. But my impression was that it was all "cake and cotton candy", no spiritual meat whatsoever.

There were prophecies printed on the site too, but they were all full of predicting blessing etc. I didn't really witness with any of them - though they sounded "wonderful".

Sorry if that's very negative, but that was my reaction.

I think this sort of thing has been discussed a lot on this forum already, but maybe we need reminding?

In Him

Jeannette

2007/7/1 17:32
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

May God have mercy on what is being done in His name.

2007/7/1 18:25Profile
jordanamo

Re:

This is the first time I've seen a video of the laughing phenomenon that I've heard of... and I am shocked. I've never seen such mass delusion in my life. Everyone was caught up in it. Wow. That is a true manifestation of the spirit of delusion, and it's not new, it's been around for quite some time (the laughing stuff). From the Oxford English Dictionary entry for "holy laugh,"

1829 Western Monthly Rev. II. 477 Dr. Roberts is very pointed in his testimony against the abominable practice of jumping, pointing, dancing, boreing... Might he not have added the ‘*holy laugh’? 1833 H. BARNARD Let. 27 Mar. in Maryland Hist. Mag. (1918) XIII. 328 The preacher in the midst of a fervent prayer, will all of a sudden burst out into a loud boisterous laugh... The most godly of his brethren join with him. This is called the ‘Holy Laugh’. 1845 J. J. HOOPER Some Adv. S. Suggs x. 122 Near these last, stood a delicate woman in that hysterical condition in which the nerves are incontrollable, and which is vulgarly..termed the ‘holy laugh’. 1948 E. N. DICK Dixie Frontier 198 When it got started in an audience, everybody would be seized with hearty natural laughter. It would last for hours sometimes. This was known as the ‘holy laugh’.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (ESV)

2007/7/1 21:19Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

i can't believe how sick this is. "Drunk" indeed! They are just sitting around being entertained!!!! THAT"S NOT WHAT THE DESCIPLES DID AT PENTICOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the excessive exclamation marks.

"The zeal of Thine house hath eaten me up"

God have mercy. God have mercy.

"My Lord, What a mornin', when the stars begin to fall..." As the song says...

2007/7/1 22:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: 'Holy' Laughter

A couple of older postings on this ...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1897&forum=40&post_id=&refresh=Go]Kenneth Hagin and the Laughing Revival.[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2477&forum=36]Holy Laughter?[/url]

2007/7/1 22:28Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Has this site digressed into nothing more than a forum to discuss the excesses in some movements that otherwise are bearing good fruit? Honestly? You all seem so disgusted and appalled by the excesses in the church, but what about the lack? I would personally rather have to much passion, to much excitement than what exists in most churches. As one man has said, "I would rather contain a fire than shovel ice." I have not watched the video but I don't need to becuase I have probably experienced something similar than what you are all mocking and labeling as unscriptural mass delusion. Yet you overlook the key biblical principle in interpreting whether such manifestations are of God, and no it has nothing to do with "decently and in order..." since most of us have no right to use that scripture in attempting to put restrainst on what takes place in our services. The reason we have not the right is because that scripture was written to a congregation that was bursting at the seems with spiritual gifts and fiery passion - not your typical american church service. The key to interpreting whether such things come from above, below, or in between is in the fruit which comes from such experiences. I've seen plenty of people experience such things and not change - but as for me, my life has been utterly transformed. So personally all of the self-righteous, watchmen on the wall, pseudo-broken hearted prophet, talk doesn't change my opinion one iota. All of the oceans of words coming from those who attempted to talk me out of the power of God never changed me or delivered me from the bondage of sin, but one touch from His hand transformed my life!
Jesus is King over all!
Jeff

2007/7/1 23:06Profile

Re:

Quote:

Abe_Juliot wrote:

Please watch this Video. What kind of laughter do you think Kenneth Hagin & Copeland have? Holy or Unholy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxJmM54gzKc

Watched it. And then went back to read the postings of this same subject from a time ago. For me personally to judge the video on this post would be a shame upon myself. Let me just say that most of us know that God doesn’t see the outward appearances like us, he sees the heart. Let me also point out that King David, in which God spoke this of, would from this site be labeled a false prophet from his sinful deeds. You have a man killed and taken his wife, I aint trying to read your psalms...! Or Moses, I am not accepting any commandment from a murderer. In light of this, I must say, who am I to start placing the Holy Spirit in a box. The Lord God who created the universe and all that it entails. I cannot even begin to grasp these, none of us can. That being said, let me return your minds to what is important. Who is the antichrist, those who claim Jesus is not the son of God, Gods one Holy Lamb, offered once for the salvation of our sins. We all know this. Let me say this, is your shadow healing anyone?????? Do you raise ones from the dead. If not, why? The bible says we can do these, greater things than these can we do. Now if anyone of us cannot walk in the things in which the word of God says we can walk, who are we to be judges of any so called move of God that still preaches Christ. I have never experienced holy laughter in my own personal life. But does this mean I have to be against every movement that I haven't experienced, or do not understand. We have biblical duty, and that is to uphold all that Christ Jesus and the apostles left for us to follow. There are disagreements among the churches of these doctrines. But also the churches today hardly walk in the power, or authority in which these did walk. Most of us today though share a common ground of the foundations of salvation and HOLINESS. My point: The problem is not holy laughter, it's not prosperity preaching, or charismatic or baptist or any other belief. It is our own personal lacks of really knowing the one true Holy Lord. We know of him from the Bible. But that just about sums us all up. Where are our greater works the word of God says we can do!!!~But we listen to that ex-murderer Moses, because his face did shine and all the mighty works the Lord did in his daily life. And ex-murderer and adulterer King David, from all the mighty works the Lord did in his daily life. Dear ones including myself. We need to seek the giver not the gift, BUT WE ALL NEED THE LORD MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE (AND HIS REALITY!!!) IN OUR DAILY LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great holiday I'll be back in a week.

2007/7/2 0:11
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Has this site digressed into nothing more than a forum to discuss the excesses in some movements that otherwise are bearing good fruit? Honestly?

No, it has not. It all depends on your perspective and contribution. There are plenty of other things going on here.

Quote:
I have not watched the video but I don't need to becuase I have probably ...

And you would then be countering this with ... what you have no right to comment on then? That is irrational.

Quote:
Yet you overlook the key biblical principle in interpreting whether such manifestations are of God, and no it has nothing to do with "decently and in order..."

It most certainly does.
Quote:
The key to interpreting whether such things come from above, below, or in between is in the fruit which comes from such experiences.

According to the scriptures.
Quote:
So personally all of the self-righteous, watchmen on the wall, pseudo-broken hearted prophet, talk doesn't change my opinion one iota.

Nor does yours. Who is being self-righteous here?

2007/7/2 0:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
For me personally to judge the video on this post would be a shame upon myself.

And not to judge it would be shame on [i]Him[/i].

Quote:
We have biblical duty, and that is to uphold all that Christ Jesus and the apostles left for us to follow.

Which is no different than what is being done here.

2007/7/2 0:48Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy