SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does the Bible Teach the Unity of All Believers?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LiveforGod

Does the Bible Teach the Unity of All Believers?

Does the Bible Teach the Unity of All Believers?

Yes. “. . . Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we
are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name . . .” John 17:11, 12.

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may
be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast
sent me . . . and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.” John 17:20-23.

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there
be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” I Cor.

1:10.
“. . . for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.” Gal. 3:28.
“Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be
absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the

gospel.” Phil. 1:27.

“Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.” Phil. 2:2.

“Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ
Jesus; that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Rom. 15:5, 6.

“And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul.” Acts 4:32.

Can anybody look upon this picture and not see an awful contrast between it and the dark picture of the present-day

sect confusion? Do the members of the different sects have the same care one for another? Behold, they are not of one
mind, nor of one judgment; they are not one in name, nor creed, nor body; they are not of one heart, nor of one soul, nor
of one spirit, nor yet of one faith; they have not one mouth, nor do they speak the same things. They are never one,
except it be in opposing Bible salvation. As God confounded the babel-builders, and they all became divided and of
different tongues, so he has sent His thunderbolts of wrath upon Rome,the mother of harlots, and has knocked off several
hundred Protestant fragments, each one of which speaks the peculiar dialect of its creed.

The church, compared with a human body, is required to have but one mouth, which means perfect harmony in all
her teaching. If we were to allow that the multiplicity of sects are the church, then a human monstrosity, having several
hundred mouths, and every mouth speaking contrary to every other mouth, would be necessary to symbolize it. As the
body of Christ has but one mouth and speaks the same things, it is very evident that the jargon confusion of sect tongues
does not represent His body, and is not His church.

2007/6/29 16:04Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Does the Bible Teach the Unity of All Believers?

Good morning to you Samuel I pray that you are at peace,

We can’t mix apples and oranges.

A “Church House” is not the Body Of Christ

The “Body of Christ” is not a carnal body

Christian service, is to do the will of our Heavenly Father.

A “Pastor” is not the High Priest.

A Christian’s High Priest “ The Risen Glorified Son Of God” abodes in us and intercedes on our behalf with our Heavenly Father.

We are not divided.

We are not competitors!

There is no partition!

A denomination is a carnal division

To be a member of the Jewish religion is to be a member of a denomination and have separatist views and reject the Body of Christ as the Church and except the body of Moses as the body of belivers you are joined to and keep the Old Testament and and its laws and sacrifices and priesthood.

To be Jewish Christian is to except Christ as the Messiah and His death as the reconciliation power of God and the resurrection of Christ as our resurrection from the dead into a new life in Christ Jesus a living way through a New Testament and a new body doing His our Lord's will in our new life.

To be a Christian means that you are a member of Christ’s Spiritual Body by the Holy Spirit, a righteous kingdom.

We except and bow to the sovereignty of God, his absolute right to do all things according to his own good pleasure as the all-powerful and all-knowing supreme ruler of all creation. We repent that we glorified our selves above God as sons of perdition and we again bow to God’s sovereignty and ask our Heavenly Father to restore the life and beauty of our inner man.

We except that we were grafted into the Body of Christ and we except that we are possessed of a Lord and absolute judge and ruler of his subjects in the Kingdom of God. We bow to our Lord Spiritually as a wife and become one in spirit and we cease all rebelliousness against the Prince of Peace.

We bow to the authority of the Holy Spirit in all things pertaining to thought and conduct in our lives. We attempt to always hear the Holy Spirit’s soft voice that prompts us to the path of holiness.

We bow to the authority of the Spirit of truth, Who guides us into all truth that glorifies our Lord. Who speaking through the scriptures, reveals too us the things of our Lord.

We make no claims of self-righteousness but bow to the salvation by sovereign grace..

We do not have different task.

We are not manufacturing anything!

There is one new heaven and one new earth one new kingdom and one King!

The lost churches are bound by the bonds of this world by the demons of lust, greed and covetousness, to a spiritual wicked kingdom of one old wicked self.

Christians are bound to Heaven by bonds of love & charity and faith in the Word Of God as given in the New Testament, that we were reconciled to God through the death , burial, and resurrection of The Body of Christ that has now become the Bread of Life from the Tree of Life for Christians THE TRUE MANNA FROM HEAVEN.

After the cross the Jews are bought with the same testator's blood of the New Testament! A testament Of God in us, our hope of glory.

One root, one vine, one branch, one fruit, one Head, one body, one house (kingdom), one judge, one King, one God.

But there are still those that try to keep Jesus “God” dead or in heaven only and they see themselves as in charge and have the spirit of antichrist doing their own will and through their leader’s interpretation deciding among themselves who is going to heaven while accusing born again spiritual Christians of being a fringe group of separatist apart from the main body ..

Matthew 12: 25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Any other doctrine other than Christ’s is a sick perversion of the earthly man.

Christians have to obey the doctrine of Christ as the Word of God spoken through Him. The trusting and obeying the doctrine of anyone other than the doctrine of Christ is an act of adultery for a disciple of Christ .

Eddie

2007/6/30 9:10Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

My dear Brother Eddie, I apresiate the response that you wrote. Thanks for praying for me so that I would be at peace. We thank God that in his mercy he gives us that true peace wich is only in Jesus Christ. Brother, what the original post was trying to say is that the Church is not deviided, because it is composed of all those in different denominations that have come to the Knoladge of our Lord and Savior. What the post is saying is that all those different denominations are not the Church of God, the one he said he(Jesus) would build.

Quote:
We are not divided.We are not competitors!There is no partition!

I agree with you if we look at it from the view of knowing what the church of God is. There is no division among those who have come to Know the Lord and live every monent for his Glory alone. But the poit is that all those different denominations are not the Church that God created and gave himself for her as a tender Husband. There are people in different denominations that are PART of that Church. I pray to the good Lord that he gould show this world That not everybody who has a P.H.D. and a Diploma from a Thological School saying that they are pastors and ministers,Know the Lord and live their lives as Paul lived it what he said : I am crusified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ liveth in me,....(Galatians 2:20). We need more preachers and pastors and ministers and evangelists and Christians that would stop playing Religious Games and seek God with every fiver in their harts,mind and souls. All I see when I look at the Christian TV programs out there is that you need to come to Christ so that he would make you happy and give you lots of finantian blessings. Like Paris Reidhead said: God intends you to be happy, but it's a byproduct, not a prime product. The world is reciving a false demonstration of Christianity by all the diferent denominatios preaching their own views of what Christianity truly is. Why not just preach the Word without restrictions and let God have his Way and break all those man made doctrines that are not found in the light of Scripture. Leonard Ravenhill once said: The World is not wating for a new definition of Christianity it is waiting for a new Demonstration of Christianity. Let God be Glorified now and for ever more. God Bless

2007/6/30 10:28Profile

Re:

I like this that I read somewhere. Very rare Jesus preached the Church, he always preached of the Kingdom.

And this Kingdom is a Kingdom not made of human hands, but by the Lord. He has written his law one the heart of the true church. These see things eternally, not worldly. But I am a part of the earthly church for love, not division. So then, I believe we are to give ourselves to helping others grow in love compassion, grace, and mercy, to be like Jesus, who is the Kingdom. So we do well to support the present churches. We need more men of God in the churches standing on the truth of the word for those that come in. Yes many churches are becoming corrupted. But what are we going to do to help these? Just pointing out the flaws leads to more division. We need a move of God to heal these. I pray dear Lord you move over the churches and beging to take down false teachings. And shine your mercies and help us with our weaknesses, that we may walk in your ways. Give us wisdom Father I pray. In the name of Yeshua I pray. Amen

2007/6/30 11:52
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

I agree
We are so blessed to be subjects of the Kingdom God, how could we even consider looking around for a man made substitute based on who is the greatest. A body that preaches nearly as many sermons out of the Old Testament as you would hear in a synagogue or mosque.

I will stand in the peace of Jesus by the grace of God and will not judge till all their high places crumble and fall down. There is only one lasting kingdom and it will be too late to enter after the Bride Groom shuts the door.

Who also hath made us able ministers of the NEW TESTAMENT

Eddie

2007/6/30 13:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy