SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : climb a tree to see Jesus if neccesary!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

climb a tree to see Jesus if neccesary!!!

One month ago Sunday a lifelong friend of mine came to repentance in Christ and asked for forgiveness as a sinner in tears at the invitation in Sunday services. This friend is 58 years old. He was a high school and college basketball ball star. 6' 8" and during in the 60’and 70’s school years he weighed about 280 and not ounce of fat. His wife had been faithful to attend church, teach the children and give in everyway. We grew up together and were involved in many worldly activities through our life that were ungodly in every way. I also myself surrendered my life to Christ only 5 years ago. One of the reasons that I used to stay away from church was the hypocrites. In talking with the friend I believe this also was an excuse that he used in his life to stay away from church. No one really has any problem seeing Jesus when desire to. Remember how Zacchaeus had to climb a tree because he couldn’t see Jesus because the people had blocked his vision.

Luke 19:2-4
3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man he could not, because of the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
Lord would you please help us to always do what ever is necessary to see Jesus and not to block anyone else’s vision of HIM.

My wife and I were absent from church the last two Sundays. Once because of sickness and last week we went to visit another church body that I feel God is leading my wife and I to move our membership to. This friend was called me and acknowledged we were missing and to thank me for coming by his office a year ago and sharing the Blessed Hope message with him and inviting him to our church home. The Holy Spirit that inspired the Apostle Paul to preach on the day of Pentecost the message in the same area where Jesus was crucified; glory be to God that same spirit lives in every believer. Not the same gift maybe, but the same spirit.

2007/6/29 12:44

Re: climb a tree to see Jesus if neccesary!!!

Praise God for your friend Moe. I know the angels are rejoicing and I'll be thinking about him and you as Sunday comes and his one month birthday. Praise God.

You 'know' HIM. That is far neater than anything else that's up on the Internet or anywhere else a voice is heard.

His Spirit in us 'is' the greatest miracle of all, as you've said so well.

Thank you for making happy. Very happy for your friend and will pray that you and your wife make a good transition to your other Church home now.

Bless you all.

2007/6/29 12:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy